Turn Off Ads?
Page 23 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: Scoreboard Watching 2013

Re: Scoreboard Watching 2013

This is the best kind of game to watch when you don't particularly care who wins, and the hardest to watch when you do.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

2. Turn Off Ads?

Salvador Perez is really quick behind the plate.

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Little Danks lit one up.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

Quote Originally Posted by Rijo's Ghost View Post
    Salvador Perez is really quick behind the plate.
    To me, he's the most underrated catcher in baseball. I predict he will win an MVP soon.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Adam Rosales hit a game tying home run that was called a double on the field. The play was reviewed and remained a double. It was a clear home run on the replay. Indians won as Rosales was stranded on second to end the game.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Adam Rosales hit a game tying home run that was called a double on the field. The play was reviewed and remained a double. It was a clear home run on the replay. Indians won as Rosales was stranded on second to end the game.
    Here's the video of that HR. Yes it was a HR. Angel Hernandez and the rest of that crew must be blind not to see that. Unbelievable. That crew should be suspended for a few games for blowing that call and after reviewing it at that. Really what should happen is that MLB should step in and make it right and rule it a HR. Make them pick up the game from that point. The A's were absolutely robbed. If they finish one game out of the playoffs at the end the year they can pint to this game.

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?co...ic_id=11493214
    Reds Fan Since 1971

The first thing that pops into my head is that Rosales must have said or done something that annoyed the umpires earlier in the game or series. I don't want to think like that, I haven't even watched any of the games in that series, but it's literally my first thought, and I hate it.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

*sigh* That's just horrible for the A's and Rosales. I'd really love to see what replay they saw because it's very clear cut from the ones in that video....dinger.

So, adding in even more replay....as you can see it STILL doesn't take the human element out of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    *sigh* That's just horrible for the A's and Rosales. I'd really love to see what replay they saw because it's very clear cut from the ones in that video....dinger.

So, adding in even more replay....as you can see it STILL doesn't take the human element out of the game.
    I could be wrong but I believe they see the same thing we do on TV. If that's the case then they totally blew it. Makes it even worse because they saw the replay and still blew it.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    I could be wrong but I believe they see the same thing we do on TV. If that's the case then they totally blew it. Makes it even worse because they saw the replay and still blew it.
    That's what they said during the game that they had access to both team's broadcast video. I could see missing that live, but after the replay is incredible. Makes you question why we need replay if you are still going to miss calls like this.

Plus the ump put his hand on Melvin when Melvin came out. It was not at all egregious or malicious but if it was the other was around there would be talk of a suspension.

If nothing else, a play like this makes the case for a 5th umpire or another crew in a studio that can relay the correct call to the crew on the field. It would eliminate delays and go further towards getting the call correct.

14. Likes:

mth123 (05-09-2013)

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty_Boy View Post
    If nothing else, a play like this makes the case for a 5th umpire or another crew in a studio that can relay the correct call to the crew on the field. It would eliminate delays and go further towards getting the call correct.
    Now see, I look at it the other way around. Sure, it might shorten the delay, but it's not going to change whether the correct call is made. It's still going to be umpires making a decision. Who's to say that the 5th umpire is going to get it right?

Hockey has a centralized control center that reviews replays and gets the calls right... If nothing else it removes the human emotion/ego from umps like Hernandez who made the incorrect call and see fit not to over turn it.

A's and Indians are starting todays game at the moment. Melvin took the lineup card out. According to the Indians announcers, he shook Sandy Alomars hand but none of the umpires. I can't blame him. If don't have anything good to say don't say anything at all.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Turn Off Ads?