Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 68 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Thread: Scoreboard Watching 2013

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Re: Scoreboard Watching 2013

Paul Maholm has been spectacular. 3-0 0.00 era. Something like 30 k / 5 bb. Who'd thunk it?

~edit~ 20 k's/5 bb's. I knew it was an even number like that. Oh well. Still outstanding.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Paul Maholm has been spectacular. 3-0 0.00 era. Something like 30 k / 5 bb. Who'd thunk it?

~edit~ 20 k's/5 bb's. I knew it was an even number like that. Oh well. Still outstanding.
    That just means it is time to correct that small sample doesn't it?

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    That just means it is time to correct that small sample doesn't it?
    Most likely. But you know I don't think anybody ever questioned Maholm's talent. He's got a quality arm. He's had some years with horrid defenses behind him, he's had some years with zero run support. Maybe it's not as much of an illusion as we assume? I doubt it though.

adeiny hechavarria just hit the Marlins first home run at home this year. First one for the entire team at home.

Even though they lead the Nats 4-0 in tis game, they might give the Astros a run for the worst team in MLB this year.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

A Cardinals starter actually pitches bad giving up 4 in the first but then it gets rained out so it doesn't even count. Then and the Braves are battling it our to see who has the best luck this year, at least the Braves are due after blowing a 10.5 game lead to the Cards for Wild Card in 30 games in 2011 and then having that bad infield fly call hut them in route to the first NL WC game loser.

You know HometownHero, I'm starting to think you don't like the Cardinals.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

8. Likes:

HometownHero (04-16-2013),LexRedsFan (04-17-2013),MikeThierry (04-17-2013),Wonderful Monds (04-17-2013)

Salukifan2

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    You know HometownHero, I'm starting to think you don't like the Cardinals.
    Don't let him fool you. Its all a front

Changing the subject, How bad is the Angels starting pitching...VERY BAD. They are now 4-10 after losing to the Twins for a second straight night. Their best game by a starter was opening day against us. Their pitching is horrible.

The Angels have a great lineup but really average pitching and when you take Weaver out it's well below average. 77-84 wins for them and no playoffs if you ask me.
    Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/ShaneHorning

Quote Originally Posted by 40YrRedsFan View Post
    Changing the subject, How bad is the Angels starting pitching...VERY BAD. They are now 4-10 after losing to the Twins for a second straight night. Their best game by a starter was opening day against us. Their pitching is horrible.
    They are the kings of allowing the big hit to blow the game open, was a bad way to lose tonight with Pujols hitting a rocket that eats up the 3B but bounced up for the SS to just get a banged up Pujols.

Just average pitching and the would be fine as this was their 3rd loss scoring 5 or more runs and had 3 more games that they lost by a run two of them getting 4 runs. They are in some serious trouble right now but would been in terrible shape if Pujols didn't save the day vs Houston last week and then they carried that over to the next afternoon get another on the Stros for their first series win.

They had 22 of 32 to start the year vs 2012 playoff teams and 7 of the other 10 were on the road, so they have been dealt a bad hand to start the year and losing Weaver on top of the other guys sucking has killed them so far.

They got blasted for the Wil Myers trade (and it still may haunt them), but the Royals have quietly put together a pretty effective rotation with James Shields, Wade Davis, Ervin Santana, and Jeremy Guthrie all having been acquired within the last year. At the very least I think their overhaul will prove better than the Angels Blanton/Hanson/Vargas overhaul.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    They got blasted for the Wil Myers trade (and it still may haunt them), but the Royals have quietly put together a pretty effective rotation with James Shields, Wade Davis, Ervin Santana, and Jeremy Guthrie all having been acquired within the last year. At the very least I think their overhaul will prove better than the Angels Blanton/Hanson/Vargas overhaul.
    It helps that the the three Royals guys other than Shields are pitching over their heads so far since going to KC.

David is now 2-0 with a 2.25 ERA after getting moved to the BP last year after not being able to cut it in the Rays rotation. Guthrie is 2-0 this year and his splits before and after KC are Cardinals like so maybe its a Missouri thing going from 24 games under .500 with a 4+ ERA to 7-3 with KC and a 3.17 ERA in 17 starts and Santana has a 2.45 ERA after playing a major part in the Angels missing the playoffs last year losing 13 and the Halos going 13-17 in his starts while leafing the majors in HR allowed.

Blanton has always sucked but this year he's been off the charts with his 8.59 ERA, over 2 WHIP and 6 HR in 3 short starts. Tommy Hanson had been nice with Atlanta before getting hit hard in a few games in the second half last year to inflate his ERA and the Braves managed to win 20 of his 31 starts and Jason Vargas came off a good year and looked like he was starting to live up to his hype and had gave up less hits than IP the last 3 years before giving up 27 knocks in 14.2 IP over the first 3 starts his WHIP has almost doubled from what he had last year.

They made the right call on Haren but Santana is coming back to haunt them especially when the BP arm they got for him is going to miss the season with TJ and he posted a 2.17 ERA in 75 games in the PCL he would have had a spot for their weak BP. They also gave up Morales who had some value still for Vargas only to see him fall flat on his face so about every thing that could go wrong has for them so far and at the worst time with such a hard first 32 games.

Quote Originally Posted by HometownHero View Post
    It helps that the the three Royals guys other than Shields are pitching over their heads so far since going to KC.

David is now 2-0 with a 2.25 ERA after getting moved to the BP last year after not being able to cut it in the Rays rotation. Guthrie is 2-0 this year and his splits before and after KC are Cardinals like so maybe its a Missouri thing going from 24 games under .500 with a 4+ ERA to 7-3 with KC and a 3.17 ERA in 17 starts and Santana has a 2.45 ERA after playing a major part in the Angels missing the playoffs last year losing 13 and the Halos going 13-17 in his starts while leafing the majors in HR allowed.
    Well obviously I wouldn't expect them to be world beaters like they are pitching now, but Davis/Guthrie/Santana should all be solid starters this year, which is light years ahead of what they got out of Bruce Chen, Luke Hochevar, Jonathan Sanchez, and a rookie Will Smith last year.

Well no doubt they will be better than those guys from last year. That group was historically bad with a 5.07 the best ERA of the four by a quarter of a run over the next "Best" of the group.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Did Travis Hafner get gastric bypass or something? He looks super slim compared to his Cleveland years.

Turn Off Ads?