Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 68 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

Thread: Scoreboard Watching 2013

Re: Scoreboard Watching 2013

Apparently Shelby Miller is the best pitcher in baseball and doing it all basically with one pitch. As tonight he has 6 up and 6 down with 4 K's and has thrown 1 of his 23 pitches other than fastball. Coming in over 32 MLB IP he has a 1.69 ERA, 0.91 WHIP and .175 BAA and going down.

Cards came in hitting .408 with a.475 OBP with two outs and RISP and then tonight they get a walk and a two run double in the situation to take a 2-0 lead. Allen Craig in now hitting .450 with RISP and .667, yes .667 with Two outs in RISP but is hitting .139 with the bases empty.
    Last edited by HometownHero; 04-22-2013 at 07:47 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Rick Ankiel is having an unusual start to the season.

38 PA
    24 Ks (63%)
    0 BB
    5 HR
    5 RS (He is the only Astro to drive himself in.)
    11 RBI
    Stat line: .237/.237/.684/.921

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    He's actually not even in the setup role right now either. It's amazing how one injury (Motte) totally derails the bullpen.
    I'd say it exposes what was already a weakness.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

I saw the gametime temperature for the opener of the Braves/Rockies doubleheader was forecasted to be a crisp 28 degrees. Can't imagine what it will be for the 2nd game?
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Seems like a crazy amount of games in Minnesota and Colorado are having to be rescheduled so far due to the cold weather.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Seems like a crazy amount of games in Minnesota and Colorado are having to be rescheduled so far due to the cold weather.
    Why those two place didn't build retractable roof stadiums is beyond me. I know they are terribly expensive but you would think they would be a necessity in such cold and snowy places.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

8. Likes:

redsfandan (04-27-2013)

Adam Wainwright with another "lucky win" and he finally walks his first batter. All luck though...

Interesting tid bit. The Miami Marlins have hit 6 HR's all year while the Braves hit 6 home runs in their two games today.

Milwaukee Brewers, my pick for the NL Central crown, has won nine straight to overcome a sluggish 2-8 start. Four teams bunched at the top. Buckle up, folks, it's gonna be a dogfight in the Central.

Baseball is a strange game, which is what makes it so fascinating.

Reds lead the league in scoring.
    Reds have to most quality starts in the N.L. (Actually tied with St. Louis)
    Reds have the 4th-best team ERA.
    Reds have played 15 home games and just 6 on the road.

The Reds are half a game ahead of the 4th-place Pittsburgh Pirates.

You just never know. It is going to be a very entertaining summer.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Milwaukee Brewers, my pick for the NL Central crown, has won nine straight to overcome a sluggish 2-8 start. Four teams bunched at the top. Buckle up, folks, it's gonna be a dogfight in the Central.
    Why would the Brewers be your pick? Was this before or after they signed Loshe?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    I will give him all the credit in the world if he turns out to be correct. But I don't like that pick one bit. Go out on a limb all you want, but show your work why the Brewers will come out on top over the Reds and Cards...or prepare to be laughed at (for lack of a better term - nothing malicious) if you are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    This was after they signed Lohse.

1) Led the NL in runs scored in 2012. Didn't see that changing all that much.
    2) Rotation became: (2012 ERAs)

Lohse - 2.86
    Gallardo - 3.66
    Estrada - 3.64
    Fiers - 3.74
    Peralta - 2.47 (Limited starts but touted prospect)

3) I figured the Reds couldn't possibly stay as healthy in the rotation in 2013.

I have the Reds at 92 wins. The Brewers at 94. It isn't out of the question with the offense the Brewers have and that starting rotation that they nip the Reds at the wire.

I think Milwaukee will surprise people and compete late into the year, but I don't think they have a chance in hell of winning over 90 games.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    This was after they signed Lohse.

1) Led the NL in runs scored in 2012. Didn't see that changing all that much.
    2) Rotation became: (2012 ERAs)

Lohse - 2.86
    Gallardo - 3.66
    Estrada - 3.64
    Fiers - 3.74
    Peralta - 2.47 (Limited starts but touted prospect)

3) I figured the Reds couldn't possibly stay as healthy in the rotation in 2013.

I have the Reds at 92 wins. The Brewers at 94. It isn't out of the question with the offense the Brewers have and that starting rotation that they nip the Reds at the wire.
    Time will tell. I think you are going out of your way to prop up the Brewers pitching. Do you expect the Brewers to be healthier than the Reds?

I'll be patting you on the back if you are correct but I don't see the Brew besting both Cin and StL.

Turn Off Ads?