Turn Off Ads?
Page 16 of 68 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast

Thread: Scoreboard Watching 2013

Re: Scoreboard Watching 2013

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Time will tell. I think you are going out of your way to prop up the Brewers pitching. Do you expect the Brewers to be healthier than the Reds?

I'll be patting you on the back if you are correct but I don't see the Brew besting both Cin and StL.
    Did you see the Reds winning 97 games before the 2012 season started? Every year a team or two surprise. I think this year's surprise is Milwaukee. From August 1st until the end of the year in 2012 they were 36-23. And why would the Brewers' starting pitching regress? Gallardo is 27. Fiers is 28. Estrada is 29. Peralta is 24. Lohse is older but proven. Four-fifths of that rotation is coming into its prime years. We will see. I don't see it as going all that far out onto some limb.
    Last edited by texasdave; 04-24-2013 at 12:40 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    This was after they signed Lohse.

1) Led the NL in runs scored in 2012. Didn't see that changing all that much.
    2) Rotation became: (2012 ERAs)

Lohse - 2.86
    Gallardo - 3.66
    Estrada - 3.64
    Fiers - 3.74
    Peralta - 2.47 (Limited starts but touted prospect)

3) I figured the Reds couldn't possibly stay as healthy in the rotation in 2013.

I have the Reds at 92 wins. The Brewers at 94. It isn't out of the question with the offense the Brewers have and that starting rotation that they nip the Reds at the wire.
    Brewers are without Corey Hart and Aramis Ramirez for a good part of the season. No way their offense survives with Alex Gonzalez and Y. Bentencourt at third and first.

That rotation lacks innings and depth, and their bullpen is worse than the Cardinals. Plus, they have a terrible defense as well. They are going to give up a ton of runs.

I'm just not seeing it, but always nice to see strong opinions
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Brewers are without Corey Hart and Aramis Ramirez for a good part of the season. No way their offense survives with Alex Gonzalez and Y. Bentencourt at third and first.

That rotation lacks innings and depth, and their bullpen is worse than the Cardinals. Plus, they have a terrible defense as well. They are going to give up a ton of runs.

I'm just not seeing it, but always nice to see strong opinions
    You could be right. Brewers could struggle to reach .500 or win the division or, most likely, finish somewhere in between. That's part of the appeal of baseball. You got to play the games to find out.

Cards have jumped ahead of the Nationals 3-0 in the first. The Cards are playing awfully well right now. On the other hand the Nationals are not. Which should bode well for the Reds this weekend.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Cards have jumped ahead of the Nationals 3-0 in the first. The Cards are playing awfully well right now. On the other hand the Nationals are not. Which should bode well for the Reds this weekend.
    Reds will miss Strasburg.

jeese the cardinals are on a roll lately and even when playing a tough schedule

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Reds will miss Strasburg.
    He's 1-4, they might be better off facing him.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

Posting from Southwest VA redsfaninbsg's Avatar

Nationals miss Cueto and Strasburg.
    This is the ol Left Hander rounding third and heading for home.

Easiest out at the plate ever?
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

11. Likes:

Boss-Hog (04-25-2013),MikeThierry (04-24-2013),OGB (04-24-2013),Tom Servo (04-24-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Maker_84 View Post
    jeese the cardinals are on a roll lately and even when playing a tough schedule
    I don't know what Mike Matheny did to make the MLB front office mad but they're the only team in baseball to only play 6 games at home thus far. It has seemed like one long perpetual road trip for them.

Quote Originally Posted by blumj View Post

Easiest out at the plate ever?
    Wow, I don't even know what to say there. Did they eventually tag him out or was he out automatically because he ran outside the base line?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    Wow, I don't even know what to say there. Did they eventually tag him out or was he out automatically because he ran outside the base line?
    Without watching I'm sure he was automatically out. The logic side of my brain says guys should do that more often.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Without watching I'm sure he was automatically out. The logic side of my brain says guys should do that more often.
    Especially when they just returned from a knee injury that cost them an entire season.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    I saw it on MLB Network, the ump calls him out as soon as he runs by the plate. Out of the baseline.

EV held the Brewers scoreless over 7 innings. 2-0 Pads in the 8th.

Turn Off Ads?