Turn Off Ads?
Page 17 of 68 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast

Thread: Scoreboard Watching 2013

Re: Scoreboard Watching 2013

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Cards have jumped ahead of the Nationals 3-0 in the first. The Cards are playing awfully well right now. On the other hand the Nationals are not. Which should bode well for the Reds this weekend.
    On the other hand, I always look at it this way, no WAY the Nationals keep losing at home, a Cardinals sweep does not bode well for the Reds.

2. Turn Off Ads?

This has nothing to do with today's games but I didn't know where else to post this. Take a look at this awesome gif. It shows Yu Darvish's pitches all at once. Notice how he releases all of his pitches at the same spot. He has legit nasty, nasty stuff.

http://deadspin.com/coolest-gif-ever...ium=socialflow

Quote Originally Posted by redssince75 View Post
    On the other hand, I always look at it this way, no WAY the Nationals keep losing at home, a Cardinals sweep does not bode well for the Reds.
    Why? The Reds are just as good/better than the Cards and the Nats are not playing well right now. I'd take a split and move on to St. Louis, but the Reds can beat anyone, anywhere, anytime.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Top 4 teams in the NL Central are a combined 30-10 in their last ten games. Nice little run there for the supposed weakest division in baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Top 4 teams in the NL Central are a combined 30-10 in their last ten games. Nice little run there for the supposed weakest division in baseball.
    i'd rather have all the other teams suck and not have to worry about them but definitely not the case so far. Can't believe how well the Pirates and Brewers have played so far

I can see the Pirates doing well pre-ASG. It's their current M.O. But the Brews??! I had to laugh when ol' TexDave said they were his pick! If EVER there was a lead pipe cinch for 3rd, it's them. But I give him kudo's for for his reasoning, 'tho slightly flawed.

Funny how a team can go. Last year the Cards were just pitiful with RISP, and winning close games late. The pen was solid. Total reversal so far.

I picked the Reds to win this year but when Luddy (my boy) went down I thought "OK, now the Cards can build a small lead, 3 or 4 gms before his return" in June. Now the Cards may need a 10 game lead!

I wonder how the absence of the Stro's is affecting the standings. It's been a 4 team knot for quite a while now.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    This has nothing to do with today's games but I didn't know where else to post this. Take a look at this awesome gif. It shows Yu Darvish's pitches all at once. Notice how he releases all of his pitches at the same spot. He has legit nasty, nasty stuff.

http://deadspin.com/coolest-gif-ever...ium=socialflow
    Thanks for that Mike. That's cool as hell.

9. Likes:

MikeThierry (04-26-2013)

Salukifan2

Quote Originally Posted by Magdal View Post

Funny how a team can go. Last year the Cards were just pitiful with RISP, and winning close games late. The pen was solid. Total reversal so far
    Cards bullpen was awful at the beginning of last year. And the year before that

Man I hate the Yankees. They're just like the Cardinals. Vernon Wells has been playing like warm garbage for years now, yet he's hitting 301 with 6 HRs already this year. Unreal.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

Quote Originally Posted by OGB View Post
    Man I hate the Yankees. They're just like the Cardinals. Vernon Wells has been playing like warm garbage for years now, yet he's hitting 301 with 6 HRs already this year. Unreal.
    And Hafner. You know...they guy who could never stay healthy...is now healed thyself.

third place!

Quote Originally Posted by Maker_84 View Post
    third place!
    Your act is already way old.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

15. Likes:

Tom Servo (04-25-2013),Wonderful Monds (04-27-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    Your act is already way old.
    Just you wait. He may have been the most blocked person in Sun Deck history.

I see Clay Buchholz got his 5th win last night which matches Miami's total for the year. I wonder what is the latest in a season that a single pitcher has had as many wins as another team?

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    I see Clay Buchholz got his 5th win last night which matches Miami's total for the year. I wonder what is the latest in a season that a single pitcher has had as many wins as another team?
    In 1904, the Washington Senators won 38 games. Jack Chesbro won 40 games to lead the league. I wouldn't be suprised if it happene a number of times then.

In more recent times, Dave Stewart started out the season 8-0. The Baltimore Orioles began the season 0-21 and did not win game number 8 until May 22nd.

Turn Off Ads?