Turn Off Ads?
Page 18 of 68 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Scoreboard Watching 2013

Re: Scoreboard Watching 2013

Wow, Anabal Sanchez with 17 K's against the Braves.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

I'm surprised nobody's brought this up. Especially the Cards fans around here.

The umpiring in the Cards & Pirates game yesterday was a joke. Back to back HR's and a single to start the game, Jonathan Sanchez plunks Craig next and is immediately tossed. Clint Hurdle comes out to argue and he's tossed. Nothing wrong with this. I'm fine with this. It's everything afterwards that's a joke. It's quite possible that Sanchez didn't do it on purpose, but the odds were long on that.

Sterling Marte is plunked by Lynn. Maybe accidental, but no warnings issued. Problem #1. He gets plunked 2 innings later AGAIN by Lynn in the 5th. Still, nothing issued towards the Cards. Pirates bench is pissed as they should be. Now a quick trigger by the ump again and tosses the Pirates acting manager (Bannister) while he's still in the dugout. Still no warnings.

Bottom half of the inning, Pirates pitcher goes up and in to Craig again. Message? I sure thought so. Still nothing from the ump.

6th inning, Lynn comes to the plate to bunt a runner over. Pirates pitcher flips him. If I've ever seen a message pitch, that was it. Jared Hughes no less. Punk. But STILL...no warnings. Come ON!

8th inning, Boggs on the mound for the Cards and he plunks Gaby Sanchez for the Pirates. Big surprise, no warnings issued. So, 3 Pirates plunked. I Cards player plunked, 2 flipped. The result, 3 Pirates tossed and no warnings issued to either team. Way to keep control of the game Blue. Shameful.

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?c_...me_pk%3D347088
    Last edited by _Sir_Charles_; 04-27-2013 at 07:14 PM.

4. Likes:

MikeThierry (04-27-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    I'm surprised nobody's brought this up. Especially the Cards fans around here.

The umpiring in the Cards & Pirates game yesterday was a joke. Back to back HR's and a single to start the game, Jonathan Sanchez plunks Craig next and is immediately tossed. Clint Hurdle comes out to argue and he's tossed. Nothing wrong with this. I'm fine with this. It's everything afterwards that's a joke. It's quite possible that Sanchez didn't do it on purpose, but the odds were long on that.

Sterling Marte is plunked by Lynn. Maybe accidental, but no warnings issued. Problem #1. He gets plunked 2 innings later AGAIN by Lynn in the 5th. Still, nothing issued towards the Cards. Pirates bench is pissed as they should be. Now a quick trigger by the ump again and tosses the Pirates acting manager (Bannister) while he's still in the dugout. Still no warnings.

Bottom half of the inning, Pirates pitcher goes up and in to Craig again. Message? I sure thought so. Still nothing from the ump.

6th inning, Lynn comes to the plate to bunt a runner over. Pirates pitcher flips him. If I've ever seen a message pitch, that was it. Jared Hughes no less. Punk. But STILL...no warnings. Come ON!

8th inning, Boggs on the mound for the Cards and he plunks Gaby Sanchez for the Pirates. Big surprise, no warnings issued. So, 3 Pirates plunked. I Cards player plunked, 2 flipped. The result, 3 Pirates tossed and no warnings issued to either team. Way to keep control of the game Blue. Shameful.

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?c_...me_pk%3D347088

Totally agree with you. I thought he had a quick hook for Sanchez as I didnt think it was intentional. The bigger head scratcher to me was Sanchez being suspended 6 games because of it. I'm wondering if Brendan Shannihan is giving out punishment to MLB players now.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

So, Giancarlo Cruz-Michael Stanton hit a baseball about 6 miles this afternoon.

Just do yourself a favor and go watch it. Poor Travis Wood.

http://t.co/GayYSBZCQ8

That was a shot. Anybody here the distance?

I'm looking for the ball in my back yard.
    Is it "next season" yet?

9. Likes:

It was estimated at 472 feet. I will wait to see what hittrackeronline.com says about it tomorrow/Monday.

11. Likes:

Tom Servo (04-27-2013)

Wasn't Frazier's HR a few days ago farther than that?
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Wasn't Frazier's HR a few days ago farther than that?
    Assuming both estimates were perfectly accurate, yes. Given the estimates of other HR's off of the top of the batters eye, I assume that Frazier's 480 was roughly accurate. The thing that stinks is that the camera didn't catch the landing point at all, so hittrackeronline.com couldn't give a "true distance" on it. Stanton hit one off of Jamie Moyer last year that hit the scoreboard that was 462 feet according to hittrackeronline. This one went over the same scoreboard. My guess is that this one winds up in the 480-500 range when it comes out.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    So, Giancarlo Cruz-Michael Stanton hit a baseball about 6 miles this afternoon.

Just do yourself a favor and go watch it. Poor Travis Wood.

http://t.co/GayYSBZCQ8
    His first HR? Wow.

Looks like Stanton is officially heating up. A monster shot just now off of Carlos Villanueva.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Good lord the Cardinals bullpen is horrible. If they even had an average pen they would be running away with the Central with the kind of starting pitch they have. They've allowed two more runs today and have given up more homeruns and earned runs than the starters have.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    Good lord the Cardinals bullpen is horrible. If they even had an average pen they would be running away with the Central with the kind of starting pitch they have. They've allowed two more runs today and have given up more homeruns and earned runs than the starters have.
    Those 2 runs became 6 runs in a blink of an eye.

The bullpen will normalize somewhat, as will the starting pitching, over a larger sample size. The Cards currently are leading the NL in ERA (before today anyway) and they aren't (as a group) going to get better than that.

18. Likes:

MikeThierry (04-28-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Those 2 runs became 6 runs in a blink of an eye.

The bullpen will normalize somewhat, as will the starting pitching, over a larger sample size. The Cards currently are leading the NL in ERA (before today anyway) and they aren't (as a group) going to get better than that.
    I've honestly never seen anything like this in my life. It went from a game where the Cardinals were still in it to a blowout in an inning and a half. It's at the point where it's comedic. Im going to lose the rest of my hair if this stuff kerps going on. Im not one to ask for people to get fired but their bullpen coach needs to be fired. Sometime you have to shoot a hostage.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    I've honestly never seen anything like this in my life. It went from a game where the Cardinals were still in it to a blowout in an inning and a half. It's at the point where it's comedic. Im going to lose the rest of my hair if this stuff kerps going on. Im not one to ask for people to get fired but their bullpen coach needs to be fired. Sometime you have to shoot a hostage.
    I'm sure they'll get it together just in time for the Reds visit tomorrow.

Turn Off Ads?