Turn Off Ads?
Page 19 of 68 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Scoreboard Watching 2013

Re: Scoreboard Watching 2013

As angry as I am, I still have to give props to the Pirates. They're playing great right now without McCutchen hitting at all. I can't imagine how well they'll do once he gets going.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

For those who haven't been paying attention....everybody is looking up at the Pirates in the Central. I still think they'll finish above .500 and around 2nd or 3rd.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    As angry as I am, I still have to give props to the Pirates. They're playing great right now without McCutchen hitting at all. I can't imagine how well they'll do once he gets going.
    You can play that game with every team, like "Team X will be much better once Player Y starts hitting". Of course, other players will start to decline as a larger sample size is reached.

Without looking, I assume a number of Pirates are exceeding reasonable expectations. That won 't continue.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    You can play that game with every team, like "Team X will be much better once Player Y starts hitting". Of course, other players will start to decline as a larger sample size is reached.

Without looking, I assume a number of Pirates are exceeding reasonable expectations. That won 't continue.
    You should check, because there really aren't a number of Pirates exceeding expectations.

Their bullpen has been lights out, but outside of that no one has numbers that scream correction. They are just a very good team.

This may sound crazy, but I was actually rooting for the Cards in this series. I see the Pirates as a much more significant threat to the Reds.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    You should check, because there really aren't a number of Pirates exceeding expectations.

Their bullpen has been lights out, but outside of that no one has numbers that scream correction. They are just a very good team.

This may sound crazy, but I was actually rooting for the Cards in this series. I see the Pirates as a much more significant threat to the Reds.
    The Pirates starters simply do not match up to the Reds and Cards rotations.

Unless the Cards and Reds suffer some serious injuries, I can't imagine the Pirates winning enough games to catch either. The Pirates might be good for 85 wins max, so unless the Reds/Cards fall back to that range, I doubt the Pirates will keep up.

The Pirates starters simply do not match up to the Reds and Cards rotations.

Unless the Cards and Reds suffer some serious injuries, I can't imagine the Pirates winning enough games to catch either. The Pirates might be good for 85 wins max, so unless the Reds/Cards fall back to that range, I doubt the Pirates will keep up.
    Like I said, call me crazy
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

This is no different than in 2010.....when most people, even here....said the Reds would have to show me/us that it was not the SOS.

Until the Pirates go through a full season without going into 1988 Baltimore Orioles like funds after the AS Break...no one is going to take them seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    For those who haven't been paying attention....everybody is looking up at the Pirates in the Central. I still think they'll finish above .500 and around 2nd or 3rd.
    Unless they fade late like they did last year. They were the talk of baseball for awhile before the big swoon.

I still find it hard to believe that the Pirates will win 80 games.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    Unless they fade late like they did last year. They were the talk of baseball for awhile before the big swoon.
    You mean like they did last year, and the year before that.....

Starting pitching is what takes you through the dog days of summer. If you've been a Reds fan for a number of years, you seen a number of Red's team fade as the season wore on.

The Pirates rotation isn't nearly as good as the Reds and Cards. It will ultimately be their undoing.

Every year it's the same thing with the Pirates. Until they finish over .500, I don't see why anybody should give them the benefit out the doubt.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post

It was estimated at 472 feet. I will wait to see what hittrackeronline.com says about it tomorrow/Monday.
    440 feet. Still an absolute bomb.... but I would have laid down a lot of money to say it went further.

This sounds impossible, and I'm sure this isn't actually true, but it honestly looked like the Stanton home run was still on it's way up when it crossed the outfield fence.

But other teams aren't in first place like the Pirates. From what I saw, the only thing in which they're playing above their heads is probably their bullpen.

Stat geek...and proud
    Pirates schmirates. They do this every year. Fool me once.....

Turn Off Ads?