Turn Off Ads?
Page 22 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: Scoreboard Watching 2013

Re: Scoreboard Watching 2013

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    I don't get this. Have people all of a sudden come to the conclusion that Dan Haren is washed up? This is stilll a top of the rotation starter. He had a poor season, but he's still VERY talented. He can shut out anybody anytime he's on his game.
    Almost all pitchers can shut out anybody anytime when they are on their game. Haren belongs in a major league rotation. He certainly isn't top of the rotation material. You would compare him to Latos or Cueto or Wainwright or pitchers of that ilk? Those are whom I consider to be top of the rotation starters. He falls somewhere in the middle. Not washed up but not top of the rotation starter either.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Almost all pitchers can shut out anybody anytime when they are on their game. Haren belongs in a major league rotation. He certainly isn't top of the rotation material. You would compare him to Latos or Cueto or Wainwright or pitchers of that ilk? Those are whom I consider to be top of the rotation starters. He falls somewhere in the middle. Not washed up but not top of the rotation starter either.
    I don't consider him an "ace", but a #2...sure.

2010 and 2012 were poor years for him, but yeah, a #2 without a doubt in my mind. Cueto & Latos are both "aces" in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    I think the Yankees are the luckiest team on the face of the earth. Travis Hafner? Now he is healthy all of a sudden, even lost weight. Doing his impersonation of Berkman from a few years back....where he all of a sudden got healthy and fitter when he moved to a new team. Wells hit like Juan Castro for 2 years but now he has re-found it?
    Maybe, but they're not in our division
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

I don't get this. Have people all of a sudden come to the conclusion that Dan Haren is washed up? This is stilll a top of the rotation starter. He had a poor season, but he's still VERY talented. He can shut out anybody anytime he's on his game.
    Downward trends of an aging veteran would be my take. The only way he could be considered a TOR starter is on Dark Ages Reds' pitching staffs earlier this century.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Maybe, but they're not in our division
    Yes, we have their not as Evil but just annoying cousin...the Cardinals.

2010 and 2012 were poor years for him, but yeah, a #2 without a doubt in my mind. Cueto & Latos are both "aces" in my opinion.
    I used to think Haren was a really good #2. Now, he's become more of a #3, imo. Still pretty valuable though.

Cueto has to be considered an ace by now. Latos could be thought of that way more after this season.

That is the great thing about sports. Time does tell. I would no longer consider him a #2. I think those days are long gone for Dan Haren. I hope he doesn't turn into a #2. Washington has enough pitching without that happening.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Apparently, the Red Sox pitchers are being accused of doctoring baseballs by Toronto announcers. The video is pretty suspicious IMO. You judge.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...s_mlb&c_id=mlb

They could obviously be using something they're not supposed to use to help them grip the ball, but, if they were actually loading it, I have no idea how they'd be managing to fool their pitch f/x charts.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Pirates score one on a homer, then load the bases with no outs. I'll let you guess how that inning ended.

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

Anyone watching the Royals game? I think its been so long since KC had anyone watch, their announcers forgot how to call a game. Its like watching a Ben Stiller movie.

"well *pause* Sale is really throwing a lot of pitches in this inning. And when that happens *pause* you have to throw more pitches. He's already at 24."

A microcosm of this inning.
    Last edited by thatcoolguy_22; 05-06-2013 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thatcoolguy_22 View Post
    Anyone watching the Royals game? I think its been so long since KC had anyone watch, their announcers forgot how to call a game. Its like watching a Ben Stiller movie.

"well *pause* Sale is really throwing a lot of pitches in this inning. And when that happens *pause* you have to throw more pitches. He's already at 24."

A microcosm of this inning.
    This posts proves you love watching baseball more than I do

Thanks for mentioning it, I didn't think to check for day games today.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Just another day in the life of the luckiest team on earth. It'll even out over the season.
    LOL! 10 runs, all luck? Don't forget those lucky smashes down the line, and those lucky balls hit over the wall. Simply a case of them capitalizing on some bad pitching is more like it.

Holland is about to blow an absolute gem by James Shields.

Turn Off Ads?