Turn Off Ads?
Page 31 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Thread: Scoreboard Watching 2013

Re: Scoreboard Watching 2013

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    There are more and more. Its weird and uncomfortable, like having season tickets and sitting in a section next to another team's fans the whole season who attend all the Reds home games to scoreboard watch, root for, and talk about their own team.
    It's everywhere now. Just popped into the votto/cabrera thread and there was a jab in there apropos of nothing.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blumj View Post
    Worst season so far: Dodgers, Angels, Blue Jays, or Umpires?

Wow. 2 things, not only did the ump obviously miss the fact that the PITCHER caught the ball and not the firstbaseman, but even if the 1b HAD caught the ball, his foot wasn't on the bag anyway. Just wow.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    Irony considering he was giving an update in the scoreboard watching thread.
    For real Mike?

The guy made 5 consecutive posts updating the Cardinals score, and telling everyone how good the Cardinals are. He wasn't engaging in conversation with anyone else. The intent of the posts were nothing other than trolling.

This stuff is obvious. You are either very naive or a troll too if you can't see that. I think you have established yourself here to be above behaviour like that, so I'm assuming you are just naive.

5. Likes:

smixsell (05-25-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    For real Mike?

The guy made 5 consecutive posts updating the Cardinals score, and telling everyone how good the Cardinals are. He wasn't engaging in conversation with anyone else. The intent of the posts were nothing other than trolling.

This stuff is obvious. You are either very naive or a troll too if you can't see that. I think you have established yourself here to be above behaviour like that, so I'm assuming you are just naive.
    He posted scoring updates with facts/stats from the game. I don't have a problem with that.
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

7. Likes:

dougdirt (05-25-2013)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blumj View Post
    Worst season so far: Dodgers, Angels, Blue Jays, or Umpires?

Who needs replay?

Salukifan2

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    For real Mike?

True. He was being the pro-cardinals version of hometownhero

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

I know that umps who watch plays at first are staring at the BAG on those calls. They listen for the ball into the mitt and watch the feet at the bag. So imo this call is doubly bad. If he's watching the bag, he should've seen the foot OFF the bag as it clearly was when the "catch" was made and the runner's foot hits the bag. The missing of WHO caught the ball is a fluke. Yeah, replay would've corrected it...but if not for the blown call regarding the feet...I wouldn't say the ump is horrible there. But he did, and he is IMO.

Doubly isn't enough, by my count, is triply a word? Missing who caught it is 1, missing the foot coming off is 2, not waiting/asking for the 1st baseman to show him the ball makes 3.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

If anyone wants to kibbitz the Cards@LA coming on Fox (odd late start time) in most areas, I'll be around. Last I heard, the Bucs were beating the Brews.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    Irony considering he was giving an update in the scoreboard watching thread.
    How is me calling him a troll when he was posting about the Cardinals irony?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

14. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (05-27-2013)

Holy Cow! Buck just said that the Yanks have 100 million bucks on the DL! (as the Dodgers tee off on Gast)
    Last edited by Magdal; 05-25-2013 at 07:37 PM.

A-Rod, Teixeira, Jeter, Granderson, Pettitte, Youkilis, plus Chamberlain and a few cheap guys, probably just over $110M. Of course, that still leaves them with another $110+M worth of players on the field, too.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Those two announcing the Fox game..... I think they are having an orgasm
    Talking about the Cardinals. I used to think about the 70's Reds the same way too.... then 1977-78 woke me up to the fact that Reds farm system had been severely overrated.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

The Giants won today on a 2-run walk off inside the park home run by Angel Pagan.

Quote Originally Posted by Magdal View Post
    If anyone wants to kibbitz the Cards@LA coming on Fox (odd late start time) in most areas, I'll be around. Last I heard, the Bucs were beating the Brews.
    I'm watching right now, and the Dodgers are up 4-3. Boy it would be great to finally gain some ground.

Excellent play just now to prevent a Cardinals runner

Turn Off Ads?