Turn Off Ads?
Page 52 of 68 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast
Results 766 to 780 of 1007

Thread: Scoreboard Watching 2013

  1. #766
    Posting from Southwest VA redsfaninbsg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Wise, Va.
    Posts
    759

    Re: Scoreboard Watching 2013

    Neither team is playing particularly well. They have the edge in the pitching match ups, the Reds are at home, and it should be fun. Just don't get swept.
    This is the ol Left Hander rounding third and heading for home.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #767
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    152

    Re: Scoreboard Watching 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by redsfaninbsg View Post
    Neither team is playing particularly well. They have the edge in the pitching match ups, the Reds are at home, and it should be fun. Just don't get swept.
    Don't know that I agree with that. The only reason why the Cards split that series is their bullpen was depleated due to a double header and some extra inning games... So, they had to call up some "non prospect" minor-league arms to take it on the chin.

    That said, this will still be a tough series.

    Is BPhillips out for all three?

  4. #768
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    6,057

    Re: Scoreboard Watching 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by CardsFanBob View Post
    Don't know that I agree with that. The only reason why the Cards split that series is their bullpen was depleated due to a double header and some extra inning games... So, they had to call up some "non prospect" minor-league arms to take it on the chin.

    That said, this will still be a tough series.

    Is BPhillips out for all three?
    Already making excuses as to why they even split a 4 game series?

    Maybe it's because they are playing a little over their heads would be more likely.

  5. #769
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    152

    Re: Scoreboard Watching 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    Already making excuses as to why they even split a 4 game series?

    Maybe it's because they are playing a little over their heads would be more likely.

    Just going on what I was watching. And there's no shame in splitting a four-game set with Arizona, who's leading the West.

    And do I think this team is a 109-win team (I think that's what they're projected at right now; I could be off a few), no... No, I don't. They're going to hit some rough stretches... It's baseball.

    But they're very, very good. I look forward to this weekend's series. They're always entertaining between these two teams. It feels like playoff baseball. And I'm not sure there's anything more enjoyable in sports than playoff baseball.

  6. #770
    Administrator Boss-Hog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    6,077
    To answer your question, Phillips is supposed to be back tonight.

  7. #771
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    6,057

    Re: Scoreboard Watching 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by CardsFanBob View Post
    Just going on what I was watching. And there's no shame in splitting a four-game set with Arizona, who's leading the West.

    And do I think this team is a 109-win team (I think that's what they're projected at right now; I could be off a few), no... No, I don't. They're going to hit some rough stretches... It's baseball.

    But they're very, very good. I look forward to this weekend's series. They're always entertaining between these two teams. It feels like playoff baseball. And I'm not sure there's anything more enjoyable in sports than playoff baseball.
    Agreed. BP can swing the bat. I would still imagine he is not going to be anywhere near 100%.

  8. #772
    I Love Birds
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    St. Louis Vicinity
    Posts
    517

    Re: Scoreboard Watching 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    Already making excuses as to why they even split a 4 game series?

    Maybe it's because they are playing a little over their heads would be more likely.
    They still tied the series at 2 games a piece. They haven't lost a series since they lost to the Pirates in April...so if that is the Cardinals not playing particularly well, I am okay with that.
    (Watching a couple kissing at Busch Stadium) “Well, he’s kissing her on the strikes and she’s kissing him on the balls.”---a classic "Shannonism" from Cardinals broadcaster Mike Shannon

  9. #773
    Member 757690's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    11,501

    Re: Scoreboard Watching 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by CardsFanBob View Post
    Don't know that I agree with that. The only reason why the Cards split that series is their bullpen was depleated due to a double header and some extra inning games... So, they had to call up some "non prospect" minor-league arms to take it on the chin.

    That said, this will still be a tough series.

    Is BPhillips out for all three?
    Cards probably lose those games with a rested bullpen. Choate and Wacha gave up the losing runs. They were blowouts because they had use guys like Maness, Butler and Cleto.

    Unless you think Choate and Wacha are non prospect minor league arms as well, which isn't half wrong.
    "Man, the pitch looks fast, even in slow motion." Thom Brennaman on Chapman's fastball.

  10. #774
    Member cumberlandreds's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Sterling VA
    Posts
    9,467

    Re: Scoreboard Watching 2013

    Well, I'm rained out of a game tonight. Nats/Twins postponed due to tropical storm Andrea. Trade these in for a game later this season.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

  11. #775
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    152

    Re: Scoreboard Watching 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Cards probably lose those games with a rested bullpen. Choate and Wacha gave up the losing runs. They were blowouts because they had use guys like Maness, Butler and Cleto.

    Unless you think Choate and Wacha are non prospect minor league arms as well, which isn't half wrong.

    In the interest of being accurate, I disagree with the Wacha game. Wacha had a rough start, but they managed to tie the game up. Then, the pen got maxed out as they went into extras. If there's one weakness the Birds have... it's bullpen depth.

    Oh, and Maness is a solid pitcher. I wouldn't dare bunch him with Butler and Cleto, both of whom I don't see with this team come fall.

    The 10-3 loss was a "white flag" game. We had to use Joe Kelly in a sport start, due to the double-header. (No reason to pitch Shelby on short rest this early in the season.) Choate choked the lead, but Cleto threw gas on it... because Rosie, Maness, and Mujica were not available.

    A fully rested bullpen may have been the difference that night.

    Either way, it's over. Dats baseball.

  12. #776
    Member Magdal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tn.
    Posts
    1,436

    Re: Scoreboard Watching 2013

    Cubs lose.

  13. #777
    Member NebraskaRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    1,455

    Re: Scoreboard Watching 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Magdal View Post
    Cubs lose.
    Isn't the game still happening?

  14. #778
    Member Magdal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tn.
    Posts
    1,436

    Re: Scoreboard Watching 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Isn't the game still happening?
    LOL...yup. 2 outs in the 9th and I gave up!

  15. #779
    Member Wonderful Monds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,694

    Re: Scoreboard Watching 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Isn't the game still happening?
    You could post that before the game even started and still likely be correct about it.
    They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    He has also taught me that even when the Reds win it is important to focus on the fact that they could have lost.

  16. #780
    Member Magdal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tn.
    Posts
    1,436

    Re: Scoreboard Watching 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    You could post that before the game even started and still likely be correct about it.
    The poor Cubbies were completely useless in that game. A Pirate sweep would not surprise me.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25