Turn Off Ads?
Page 52 of 68 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast

Thread: Scoreboard Watching 2013

Posting from Southwest VA redsfaninbsg's Avatar

Re: Scoreboard Watching 2013

Neither team is playing particularly well. They have the edge in the pitching match ups, the Reds are at home, and it should be fun. Just don't get swept.
    This is the ol Left Hander rounding third and heading for home.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by redsfaninbsg View Post
    Neither team is playing particularly well. They have the edge in the pitching match ups, the Reds are at home, and it should be fun. Just don't get swept.
    Don't know that I agree with that. The only reason why the Cards split that series is their bullpen was depleated due to a double header and some extra inning games... So, they had to call up some "non prospect" minor-league arms to take it on the chin.

That said, this will still be a tough series.

Is BPhillips out for all three?

Quote Originally Posted by CardsFanBob View Post
    Don't know that I agree with that. The only reason why the Cards split that series is their bullpen was depleated due to a double header and some extra inning games... So, they had to call up some "non prospect" minor-league arms to take it on the chin.

Already making excuses as to why they even split a 4 game series?

Maybe it's because they are playing a little over their heads would be more likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post

Maybe it's because they are playing a little over their heads would be more likely.

Just going on what I was watching. And there's no shame in splitting a four-game set with Arizona, who's leading the West.

And do I think this team is a 109-win team (I think that's what they're projected at right now; I could be off a few), no... No, I don't. They're going to hit some rough stretches... It's baseball.

But they're very, very good. I look forward to this weekend's series. They're always entertaining between these two teams. It feels like playoff baseball. And I'm not sure there's anything more enjoyable in sports than playoff baseball.

To answer your question, Phillips is supposed to be back tonight.

Just going on what I was watching. And there's no shame in splitting a four-game set with Arizona, who's leading the West.

And do I think this team is a 109-win team (I think that's what they're projected at right now; I could be off a few), no... No, I don't. They're going to hit some rough stretches... It's baseball.

But they're very, very good. I look forward to this weekend's series. They're always entertaining between these two teams. It feels like playoff baseball. And I'm not sure there's anything more enjoyable in sports than playoff baseball.
    Agreed. BP can swing the bat. I would still imagine he is not going to be anywhere near 100%.

I Love Birds

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post

They still tied the series at 2 games a piece. They haven't lost a series since they lost to the Pirates in April...so if that is the Cardinals not playing particularly well, I am okay with that.
    (Watching a couple kissing at Busch Stadium) “Well, he’s kissing her on the strikes and she’s kissing him on the balls.”---a classic "Shannonism" from Cardinals broadcaster Mike Shannon

Cards probably lose those games with a rested bullpen. Choate and Wacha gave up the losing runs. They were blowouts because they had use guys like Maness, Butler and Cleto.

Unless you think Choate and Wacha are non prospect minor league arms as well, which isn't half wrong.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Well, I'm rained out of a game tonight. Nats/Twins postponed due to tropical storm Andrea. Trade these in for a game later this season.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Cards probably lose those games with a rested bullpen. Choate and Wacha gave up the losing runs. They were blowouts because they had use guys like Maness, Butler and Cleto.

Unless you think Choate and Wacha are non prospect minor league arms as well, which isn't half wrong.

In the interest of being accurate, I disagree with the Wacha game. Wacha had a rough start, but they managed to tie the game up. Then, the pen got maxed out as they went into extras. If there's one weakness the Birds have... it's bullpen depth.

Oh, and Maness is a solid pitcher. I wouldn't dare bunch him with Butler and Cleto, both of whom I don't see with this team come fall.

The 10-3 loss was a "white flag" game. We had to use Joe Kelly in a sport start, due to the double-header. (No reason to pitch Shelby on short rest this early in the season.) Choate choked the lead, but Cleto threw gas on it... because Rosie, Maness, and Mujica were not available.

A fully rested bullpen may have been the difference that night.

Either way, it's over. Dats baseball.

Cubs lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Magdal View Post
    Cubs lose.
    Isn't the game still happening?

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    LOL...yup. 2 outs in the 9th and I gave up!

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    You could post that before the game even started and still likely be correct about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    You could post that before the game even started and still likely be correct about it.
    The poor Cubbies were completely useless in that game. A Pirate sweep would not surprise me.

Turn Off Ads?