Turn Off Ads?
Page 56 of 68 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast

Thread: Scoreboard Watching 2013

Re: Scoreboard Watching 2013

MLB needs a rule similar to other sports where coming off the bench during a fight is an automatic ejection and/or suspension.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Beltway View Post
    MLB needs a rule similar to other sports where coming off the bench during a fight is an automatic ejection and/or suspension.
    Any brawl would be one on nine. That seems a bit unfair. I guess in theory if your teammates couldn't come out you might think twice about charging, though.

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    Trammel got thrown down by Mattingly. Mark M is going after Gibson AND Matt Williams.

Cue up Charlton Heston....It's a madhouse.
    I thought Williams facial expressions were priceless. He looked like he wanted no part of MM when Mark had him by the shirt collar. Course, I probably wouldnt either.

Scoreboard Watching 2013

McGwire was definitely roid raging. Matt Williams had his hands full keeping him off of Gibson. And how dumb is Don Mattingly? Letting Greinke hit there was sending him into a shooting gallery after he hit Montero in the top half of the inning. Then he let him run the bases, and he pulled a take out slide on Gregorious. And had no intention of letting him pitch the next inning.

Here's the video in case you missed it. Greinke has turned into just a big headcase. I'm gkad the Reds seemed to have no interest in him.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index...b_1&mode=video
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Here's the video in case you missed it. Greinke has turned into just a big headcase. I'm gkad the Reds seemed to have no interest in him.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index...b_1&mode=video
    I still think where Kennedy threw that ball at Greinke was over the top. Sure, hit him in the butt or legs, but don't throw at a guys head. On top of Kennedy hitting Puig in the face, I home he draws a long suspension.
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Quote Originally Posted by mbgrayson View Post
    I still think where Kennedy threw that ball at Greinke was over the top. Sure, hit him in the butt or legs, but don't throw at a guys head. On top of Kennedy hitting Puig in the face, I home he draws a long suspension.
    I agree. Kennedey should be suspended for a while. I think we will see a few suspensions coming from this game.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by mbgrayson View Post
    Agree wholeheartedly.

No it doesn't. This is not an every day or every other game occurrence. You cannot control people coming out to either get into it or help calm it down

11. Likes:

Kennedy to me comes out bad in this, he hits two guys up top and then just walks off the field while the brawl starts. If you are man enough to hit someone like that be man enough for the after party.

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    I agree. Kennedy should be suspended for a while. I think we will see a few suspensions coming from this game.
    And starts, not just games.

We've known both of these pitchers were punks for awhile now. I'd never thought I'd have to give Grienke any credit but at least he *did* stick around for the fight. Some D-Back oughtta smack Kennedy in the mouth for walking off the field like that.
    Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted.

All the dishes rattle in the cupboards when the elephants arrive

Salukifan2

Its different in Hockey, Football, and Basketball because all of your teammates are already out there to back you up. The batter doesn't have that luxury

Quote Originally Posted by TSJ55 View Post
    We've known both of these pitchers were punks for awhile now. I'd never thought I'd have to give Grienke any credit but at least he *did* stick around for the fight. Some D-Back oughtta smack Kennedy in the mouth for walking off the field like that.
    I would say that has been noted by a few of his teammates. Next time something like this happens you may not see them swarm the field for him.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    I thought Williams facial expressions were priceless. He looked like he wanted no part of MM when Mark had him by the shirt collar. Course, I probably wouldnt either.
    I hate Big Mac's guts, but I must admit I liked seeing him man up for his team. Imagine getting popped by one of those guns?

The Mets will start Gee (5.00+ ERA) tonite to face the Cards' Miller. (-2.00 ERA) Numbers indicate a slaughter.

Turn Off Ads?