Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 68 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: Scoreboard Watching 2013

Re: Scoreboard Watching 2013

Uncle Drew Update: That new batting style he worked on all winter has not kicked in yet.
    2 hits (both singles) in 14 PA. Zero walks, five strike outs. Not an ominous beginning.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Washington finally gave up a run. The Nationals are facing the Mariners, so there is that. Just one series into the season and Washington is the only undefeated team left. Miami the only winless.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Washington finally gave up a run. The Nationals are facing the Mariners, so there is that. Just one series into the season and Washington is the only undefeated team left. Miami the only winless.
    They were facing the Marlins, not the Mariners (who I believe were playing Oakland for their first series). Sorry to nitpick but I got confused reading your post, LOL
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post
    They were facing the Marlins, not the Mariners (who I believe were playing Oakland for their first series). Sorry to nitpick but I got confused reading your post, LOL
    Ahhh! I meant to say Mariners out searching for Marlins. And never post at 3 o'clock in the morning.

Cards fall to Zito and the Giants 1-0. Yikes, babe!

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    Cards fall to Zito and the Giants 1-0. Yikes, babe!
    Well done, it's hard to beat Mike T with breaking Cards news.....

Aramis Ramirez hurt himself sliding into 2nd in Milwaukee. He's coming out of the game, but walking off on his own power. A leg issue. He's lucky if he didn't tear something.

The hapless AAAstros are at it again. They trail 8-0 in the fifth. 8 AAAstros' hitters have struck out in 4.1 IP. Xavier Cedeno posted this pitching line. 0IP 1H 6R 3ER 3BB 0K 1HBP. His defense let him down by misplaying a couple of fielder's choices.

The hapless AAAstros are at it again. They trail 8-0 in the fifth. 8 AAAstros' hitters have struck out in 4.1 IP. Xavier Cedeno posted this pitching line. 0IP 1H 6R 3ER 3BB 0K 1HBP. His defense let him down by misplaying a couple of fielder's choices.
    Since scoring 8 runs opening night the Astros have not scored a run since. That team is going to break some ugly records this year.

The Orioles Chris Davis has 16 RBI's already this season. That's an average of 4 a game. At that pace he will lead the majors with about 650.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Am I imagining it or are we seeing home runs at a higher rate than usual?
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    The Orioles Chris Davis has 16 RBI's already this season. That's an average of 4 a game. At that pace he will lead the majors with about 650.
    Com'on, do the math, it's 648!!!

And do we know he'll lead the league?

Houston Astros struck out 13 more times on Friday Night. 56 in four games. I can't believe Bud Selig sat by and let them completely dismantle the Astros and turn it into a AAA club. For the good of the game and all that. What about integrity? Fans down here are none to happy. How about this little tidbit?

Each of the four starters the Astros have faced this season have either set or tied career highs in strikeouts.
    Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/bas...#ixzz2Pg0Ildu0

Happ-less AAAstros. Get it? Because they traded JA Happ?

Thanks, I'll be here all week.
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

16. Likes:

texasdave (04-07-2013)

The Pirates are two outs away from losing 1-0. In five games they have scored six runs. In those five games they have pounded out 17 hits, 3.4 hits per game. 13 singles and 4 doubles. On the flip side they have only given up 10 runs.

Turn Off Ads?