Turn Off Ads?
Page 60 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1050565758596061626364 ... LastLast

Thread: Scoreboard Watching 2013

Re: Scoreboard Watching 2013

Wainwright cutting through the weak Mets lineup like a hot knife through butter. 1-0 Cards after 6 1/2.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

2. Turn Off Ads?

2-0 Cardinals, bottom 8.

Both starters out.
    We can share the women, we can share the wine.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Mets offense is worse than the Cubs. Might as well been throwing against little leaguers.

Mets down 1 with guy on 2nd 1 out in 9th

cards win

Redbirds squeak by with 2 two out RBI. Wainright's 10th win, Mujica 19-19 in save opportunities. Harvey's 1st loss this season.

On to Miami.

I feel sorry for Mr. Harvey. The man could routinely win 20 games on even a mediocre team.

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    I feel sorry for Mr. Harvey. The man could routinely win 20 games on even a mediocre team.
    In his last 11 starts, the Metamucils are averaging less than 2 runs a game.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofStLouis View Post
    In his last 11 starts, the Metamucils are averaging less than 2 runs a game.
    He should sue his offense for lack of support.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

The Cardinals might have won today, but the season is going to catch up to them.

The Cardinals have the worst Defense in the National League, great pitching, and they are the best at hitting in the clutch.

The pitching will continue to do well, but the clutch hitting will fade. Their worst-in-the-NL Defense will catch up to them. By the end of the year they will have had at least three stretches between now and then where they lose six out of 10. It's inevitable.

Unfortunately, for the REDS, their Defense is nothing but average thanks to the worst-in-the-NL Defense of Choo in Center and the poor play in Left. The REDS have already paid for the effects of their poor Defense in Left and Center with several losses squarely on the shoulders of those two areas. What's happened to the REDS will happen to the Cardinals. That will close the gap between the two teams by year's end and the 2-1/2 game lead will disappear.

You actually have to watch the Cardinals games to see the effect. There isn't a boxscore that will show you that. It has absolutely nothing to do with "errors". The same goes for Left and Center for the REDS.

Anyway, just posting this to put some optimism out there that the Cardinals will fall from their perch and that they are playing over their heads right now. It will come to an end very fast.

I Love Birds

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    The Cardinals might have won today, but the season is going to catch up to them.

The Cardinals have the worst Defense in the National League, great pitching, and they are the best at hitting in the clutch.
    Actually, the Cardinals are second in all of baseball (Tied with the D'backs and Tigers) with a .990 fielding percentage.

The pitching will continue to do well, but the clutch hitting will fade. Their worst-in-the-NL Defense will catch up to them. By the end of the year they will have had at least three stretches between now and then where they lose six out of 10. It's inevitable.
    See above stat. I believe that should say "Best in the NL defense". As far as your "by the end of the year" prediction, are you saying that the Reds won't have a stretch like that? Cause I should predict that just as easily as you can predict a Cardinals fade.

Unfortunately, for the REDS, their Defense is nothing but average thanks to the worst-in-the-NL Defense of Choo in Center and the poor play in Left. The REDS have already paid for the effects of their poor Defense in Left and Center with several losses squarely on the shoulders of those two areas. What's happened to the REDS will happen to the Cardinals. That will close the gap between the two teams by year's end and the 2-1/2 game lead will disappear.

You actually have to watch the Cardinals games to see the effect. There isn't a boxscore that will show you that. It has absolutely nothing to do with "errors". The same goes for Left and Center for the REDS.
    I dunno...errors seems like a pretty big deal to me. The fact that the Cardinals have only made 25 errors all season has only helped them to have baseball's best record.

Anyway, just posting this to put some optimism out there that the Cardinals will fall from their perch and that they are playing over their heads right now. It will come to an end very fast.
    Their pitching is just that good. Wainwright has 10 winnings. He's not playing over his head. Lynn did this last year and was an All-Star then. He's not playing over his head. Miller is an up and coming rookie. Too soon to know if he'll start to crumble, but he is a top prospect so this was expected.

We'll just have to wait and see.
    Last edited by Swampturkey; 06-13-2013 at 05:28 PM.
    (Watching a couple kissing at Busch Stadium) “Well, he’s kissing her on the strikes and she’s kissing him on the balls.”---a classic "Shannonism" from Cardinals broadcaster Mike Shannon

haha did anyone see this while watching the game? I got a laugh out of it:

http://deadspin.com/beer-wielding-me...ium=socialflow

Haven't people been saying that since April? Meanwhile, they tie a franchise record with 14 straight series won or tied.

As far as the defense goes. The range is not great but they're getting to all the balls hit to them. They weren't even doing that in previous years. Defense is the least of the Cardinals worries this year.

Salukifan2

Where is the defense that bad? Yes, Holliday is not very good, but thats why he plays left field. CF we are equally bad it seems. RF goes the reds way so far but neither are doing fantastic. First obviously goes to the reds. Advanced metrics currently say that Matt Carpenter is playing a better second base than Phillips. They also say Kozma is playing a better shortstop than Cozart. Frazier is destroying Freese at third.

While i agree that the reds play better D overall, and that the cards defensive range is their biggest weakness, I don't think the difference is great enough to cause the cardinals to go into a prolonged slump.

Quote Originally Posted by Salukifan2 View Post
    Where is the defense that bad? Yes, Holliday is not very good, but thats why he plays left field. CF we are equally bad it seems. RF goes the reds way so far but neither are doing fantastic. First obviously goes to the reds. Advanced metrics currently say that Matt Carpenter is playing a better second base than Phillips. They also say Kozma is playing a better shortstop than Cozart. Frazier is destroying Freese at third.

While i agree that the reds play better D overall, and that the cards defensive range is their biggest weakness, I don't think the difference is great enough to cause the cardinals to go into a prolonged slump.
    Craig/Adams at first and Beltran are abysmal according to the advanced metrics. Jay and Freese have been pretty bad as well. Overall, the Cardinals have one of the worst team UZR's and are one of the worst fielding teams according to the Fielding Bible.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Turn Off Ads?