Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What could we get for Bruce?

Re: What could we get for Bruce?

As much as Bruce frustrates me, he is able to carry a team single-handedly for a few weeks. More so than any player on the team, including Votto.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Crawford, Hanley and Kershaw.......THEN I WAKE UP

Bruce is fine. The problem is the 3-4 other guys in the lineup every day who:

--can't (or won't?) put the ball in play consistently
    --refuse to change their approach with 2 strikes
    --have no idea what a productive out looks like

Probably a decent return because he is still so young and is arguably just entering his prime. I wouldn't trade him. I want to watch him lead the reds to the world series!

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan4486 View Post
    Probably a decent return because he is still so young and is arguably just entering his prime. I wouldn't trade him. I want to watch him lead the reds to the world series!

sounds good... I´ll accept that offer

I like this guy but sometimes it´s frustrating to see him give away at bats badly...

People won't like this...but I would rather sign Choo and deal Bruce for a power hitter.

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    People won't like this...but I would rather sign Choo and deal Bruce for a power hitter.
    I love the choo trade... liked him a lot with the indians and thought he is underrated...

really impressed with his game so far... and hey votto with 3 hits today the reds found their bats

now only bruce has to get out of his slump and it could be a nice weekend series...

Quote Originally Posted by tomnuetten View Post
    I love the choo trade... liked him a lot with the indians and thought he is underrated...

really impressed with his game so far... and hey votto with 3 hits today the reds found their bats

now only bruce has to get out of his slump and it could be a nice weekend series...
    Yeah with the way the rest of the team is playing, god help our opponents if Bruce plays even mediocre.
    I've said all winter — they talk about this team winning the division — and my comment is, they won't win it because, at the end of the day, they still are the Chicago Cubs, and they will figure out a way to screw this whole thing up. - Marty Brennaman

10. Likes:

redsfan4486 (04-05-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Mastodon View Post
    Yeah with the way the rest of the team is playing, god help our opponents if Bruce plays even mediocre.

add the pitching (which was great so far) and we have one of the best teams in baseball to watch on a regular basis => I like it...

the time I started watching baseball (the reds) they sucked

Quote Originally Posted by Mastodon View Post
    If bruce and votto play good at the same time with this pitching call the season and award the reds the championships cuz they will destroy their opponents.

Nice at bat by Bruce to end the game. Just terrible in the clutch.

Bruce needs to add something to his stance to slow him down a little bit then he will be fine..he's geared up for the fastball so much he has no chance for the offspeed pitches. I don't think the hitting instructor is reaching him..he has a looping swing like Griffey. He should seek Jr's advice on how to wait back for the offspeed, but not be too far behind to catch a fastball. Just my guess or theory

Geez folks. Jay Bruce simply needs to continue putting up 30+ HR with roughly 100 RBI every year while being one of the better defensive RF in the game.

In case we've forgotten who we're talking about here:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...ruceja01.shtml

He's also signed to a pretty sweet deal through 2017. Guys with a couple 30+ HR seasons at age 26 are getting paid a lot more than that. Bruce is a building block. Nobody comes through 100% of the time. Bench didn't. Morgan didn't. Larkin didn't. Votto doesn't. Ted Williams, Babe Ruth and Lou Gerhig made outs with men on base too.
    Last edited by mth123; 04-07-2013 at 01:03 PM.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Votto and Bruce have combined for 0 Hr's and 2 RBI's in the 1st 5, I'm starting to wonder if Votto will every get his power back...

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon7 View Post
    Votto and Bruce have combined for 0 Hr's and 2 RBI's in the 1st 5, I'm starting to wonder if Votto will every get his power back...

we are talking about a 5 game sample....yes bruce is going to hit a lot of hr´s and votto is going deep again aswell!

Turn Off Ads?