Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: What could we get for Bruce?

Re: What could we get for Bruce?

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Meh. I've been lukewarm on Bruce for a long, long time.

But lately he's been showing me he can go the other way. And for the first time in a long while, he came up clutch WITH SINGLES last night in both games. A very, very good sign. Dude has not been clutch. And always seems to be swinging for the fences. They're pitching him away and he's going with the pitch and getting it done.

Bruce is making serious strides. I'm impressed.
    Dude had 135 XBH in 2011 and 2012 combined. He has been good for quite some time.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Meh. I've been lukewarm on Bruce for a long, long time.

But lately he's been showing me he can go the other way. And for the first time in a long while, he came up clutch WITH SINGLES last night in both games. A very, very good sign. Dude has not been clutch. And always seems to be swinging for the fences. They're pitching him away and he's going with the pitch and getting it done.

Bruce is making serious strides. I'm impressed.
    I second that! Lets hope it continues!

Could they do something like the Paul O'Neill for Roberto Kelly trade? I think I'd hang on to Bruce.

Not much -_-. Hopefully he comes around

Quote Originally Posted by Joesh View Post
    Not much -_-. Hopefully he comes around
    False, if the reds put Bruce on the market they would be able to get quite a bit. He was top 5 in the nl in home runs last year and won a silver slugger. If the reds put Bruce on the block right now they would also be insane.

Bruce for Gordon and Hosmer
    I see great things in baseball. It's our game.

So we should trade Bruce for two inferior players, one of which would be blocked by Joey Votto? That makes a lot of sense. How about mat Latos for Rick porcello and Andy dirks?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    So we should trade Bruce for two inferior players, one of which would be blocked by Joey Votto? That makes a lot of sense. How about mat Latos for Rick porcello and Andy dirks?
    It was a comment made in jest, but I wouldn't consider Gordon an inferior player -- he's better than Bruce (I don't want to trade Bruce, just saying).

Heard Marty say Jay has 27 strikeouts in like 81 at bats. Ouch.

Clutch hit for Bruce in the 13th. I thought I heard he never gets those.

He is still striking out too much, but he is playing more consistent this year which is a good thing. Hopefully he keeps making me look like an idiot. If he can just avoid those 2-3 week stretches where he strikes out every at bat then he will be fine.

Bruce is great and he'll be a Red for a long time if not his whole career. Too much ability and potential to trade. It would be like trading Justin Upton.

Bruce is currently running a 4.8 HR/FB% as opposed to a career average of 16.9%. The power is coming.

There are some things worth watching however. Walks are down(for the 3rd straight year) and strikeouts are up(for the 5th straight year)

Small sample size cavets apply of course, but hopefully he can get those K's down a little at least.

Bruce is underperforming with the bat right now. Even if his bat is in a slump his glove and arm aren't on D. His bat will come around for the power. Dude shouldn't be traded unless the reds get blown away with some crazy ridiculous unbalanced offer.

Is it frustrating to see Bruce struggle at times? Of course. But, as we have seen, he is the definition of streak hitter, and when he gets hot, he gets RED hot. Not to mention, with our injuries to Ludwick, Heisey, and Choo being an adventure in the OF . . . . I will ask this - if I was the GM and told you that for your 5-slot hitter I've got a guy that, every year, you can pencil in for hitting arond .260, 30 plus HRs, almost 100 RBIs, and is very good defensively with a cannon for an arm - in the 5 slot mind you - would you take it? I sure will. And I will be happy when he goes deep tonight vs wainwright!

17. Likes:

RedlegJake (04-30-2013)

Turn Off Ads?