Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What could we get for Bruce?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

What could we get for Bruce?

Don't think the guy has improved during his whole time in majors. What could we get for him in a trade?

Re: What could we get for Bruce?

Magic beans maybe..

Quote Originally Posted by reds700 View Post
    Don't think the guy has improved during his whole time in majors. What could we get for him in a trade?
    His numbers say otherwise.

Bruce has always been either super hot, or super cold. He had a horrid Spring too. I think in a couple of weeks he will be tearing pitching apart.

He tears pitching up for one month every year. The guy is just not as good as everybody thought he would be.

Prognosis...Negative StRedlegs900's Avatar

While at the game yesterday I was quite frustrated to see Bruce up in almost EVERY crucial at-bat, I still think it's premature to try and trade the guy. He's just turning 25, and still has plenty of time to continue to improve.

He looked incredibly lost against Weaver early in the game, and I think that really messed with his psyche for the remainder of it. The fact is, he's put up some great numbers the past few years for someone so young, and I believe was also top 10 in MVP voting last year, even with his streaky hitting. That doesn't scream "trade now" to me.

He has improved his homerun totals every season he has been in the major leagues.

He turns 26 tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    He turns 26 tomorrow.
    Good call! Not sure why I thought it was 25 for some reason! Either way I think it's a moot point. He's improved every year and there's no reason to believe he will all of a sudden fall off a cliff at 26.

Quote Originally Posted by StRedlegs900 View Post
    Good call! Not sure why I thought it was 25 for some reason! Either way I think it's a moot point. He's improved every year and there's no reason to believe he will all of a sudden fall off a cliff at 26.
    By the way, I didn't even read your post before hand.

Wasn't trying to correct you.

I was bringing it up because dude is still young.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    By the way, I didn't even read your post before hand.

Wasn't trying to correct you.

I was bringing it up because dude is still young.
    Oh, it was completely fine! I'm glad you did correct me b/c I'm not sure why I thought he was a year younger. Needless to say I can't think of many more right-fielders that I'd rather have out there than Jay...short of your Stantons or Harpers who happen to be years younger and are, for now, significantly cheaper. Even then, I doubt you would get either of those guys to sign a contract as team-friendly as Bruce's.

bruce isnīt going anywhere and he shouldnīt...

The guy had 34 bombs and 99 RBI last year. He's going to strike out and not hit for a real high average but he's one of the best producers in the game.

You need to ask if he is traded, who plays instead? No one who would be as good as Bruce, so why bother?
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Quote Originally Posted by reds700 View Post
    Other than increasing his HRS and Rbis every season he's played he hasn't improved eh?

I think Bruce is so polarizing because it's easy to play the "what if" game with him regarding his potential. In my maybe 13-14 games that I attended in person last year, I bet I saw him leave 20+ runners on base during his at-bats. Yet in spite of this he still ended the year with nearly 100 RBI. It's tempting to wonder what he could do if he improved contact with runners in scoring position, but I'm sure there are 29 other teams who wouldn't mind having his production in their outfield at his age.

Turn Off Ads?