Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What could we get for Bruce?

Re: What could we get for Bruce?

He's warming up now. I am glad he's staying put for a while.

2. Turn Off Ads?

We are a really spoiled fan base if we are unhappy with a 30 hr 99 rbi type of player. We can't have perennial all stars at every position.

Quote Originally Posted by Cicero2.0 View Post
    We are a really spoiled fan base if we are unhappy with a 30 hr 99 rbi type of player. We can't have perennial all stars at every position.
    Spoiled wasn't the word that starts with S I was thinking of

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon7 View Post
    Votto and Bruce have combined for 0 Hr's and 2 RBI's in the 1st 5, I'm starting to wonder if Votto will every get his power back...
    Pujols went 28 games and 109 at-bats before he homered last year and he finished with 30. Let's give Votto until at least May before hitting the panic button.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Spoiled wasn't the word that starts with S I was thinking of

I was trying to be nice.

if we were serious about this the team that would love him is the rangers. Cruz is gone after this year, Bruce has a nice price take and they have a nice farm system

Jay Bruce had a hot streak today. Glad to see him going the other way, it seems like much, much more this year. Also, dude has a cannon arm in RF. But, I am still remembering the way last season ended to, w/ a JB strikeout. I like him, has a high ceiling. Would you have to trade for a right fielder that is most likely worse ?
    Bring on 2018! #%?*!

What can we get for Bruce?

At this rate about 2 Joey Votto's.

Quote Originally Posted by xsteve1 View Post
    Produces when there is no pressure but is awful in the clutch.
    nm

I tried to link to a video of his 2010 walkoff HR to the playoffs. That would be a major exception the rule you just cited.
    Last edited by RedEye; 04-08-2013 at 10:31 PM. Reason: video didn't work
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou1990 View Post
    Jay Bruce had a hot streak today. Glad to see him going the other way, it seems like much, much more this year. Also, dude has a cannon arm in RF. But, I am still remembering the way last season ended to, w/ a JB strikeout. I like him, has a high ceiling. Would you have to trade for a right fielder that is most likely worse ?
    Last season ended with a Scott Rolen strikeout on a pitch that I would expect my grandmother to put in the upper deck.

Pastor, dad and husband Mr Larkin's Avatar

Jay Bruce is an All-Star. He plays a very tough RF and can collect the big hits.

I dislike people who just sit at home an complain.

He's never as bad as his cold streaks and never as good as his hot streaks. Over 162 he will put up big numbers, and then he's been constantly getting better every season he's been a pro. Oh and he's still really young.

I cringe when he's at the plate in a big situation (regardless of if he delivers or not, just a reaction I have as a fan), but he's a cornerstone for our organization. And a good one.

He also seems to be going opposite field quite a bit more this year. Perhaps he was getting hitting advice from Drew Stubbs last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Larkin View Post
    Jay Bruce is an All-Star. He plays a very tough RF and can collect the big hits.

I dislike people who just sit at home an complain.
    Agreed they guy is hitting .324 enough said.

We can get approximately 30 hr, 100 RBI and good RF defense at a reasonable price for the next 5 years if we aren't too stupid to trade him.

Turn Off Ads?