Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Here's to this Year!

Here's to this Year!

Hopefully this season brings great joy to everyone on this board. I don't think it is a stretch to think that these next few seasons of Reds baseball may be the best we ever get to see for the rest of our lives, so please, step back and enjoy it from time to time if things get you down.

I think I can speak for everyone on this board when I say that there is no other poster that I agree with on every issue or disagree with on every issue. Part of what makes baseball great is the conversations and debates that it inspires. So no matter what discussion we get dragged down in just remember, we are all (for lack of a better term) brothers-in-arms.

Drink an extra one for me today.

Go Reds

2. Likes:

AtomicDumpling (04-01-2013),JB12 (04-01-2013),RadfordVA (04-01-2013),Redhook (04-01-2013),Revering4Blue (04-01-2013),thatcoolguy_22 (04-01-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Here's to this Year!

Well said. Just a spoiler alert to the season as well. No matter how good this team is there will be at least one and probably a few points in season where they are looking horrible. They will lose a series to a team they should kill. Sorry to ruin it for anyone. Should be a good one overall though.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Hopefully this season brings great joy to everyone on this board. I don't think it is a stretch to think that these next few seasons of Reds baseball may be the best we ever get to see for the rest of our lives, so please, step back and enjoy it from time to time if things get you down.

I think I can speak for everyone on this board when I say that there is no other poster that I agree with on every issue or disagree with on every issue. Part of what makes baseball great is the conversations and debates that it inspires. So no matter what discussion we get dragged down in just remember, we are all (for lack of a better term) brothers-in-arms.

Go Reds
    I disagree. I always agree with everything you post
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Love the OP above. Thanks for that, kaldaniels. Just reintroduced myself on the intros thread on SD. DC-based, >30 year Reds fan who also follows the Nats here at home.

On prepping for the inevitable killer days ahead in a Reds season that'll hopefully see us overcome those to make it to the LCS and beyond, I guess today was one of those days. It was too reminiscent of last years trials, adding in the Luddy injury to make it memorably disappointing.

Better days ahead--I'm sure of that.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post

Go Reds
    Well said! Go Reds!

Turn Off Ads?