I always want to win on Opening Day in a big way, but I didn't feel so bad after that game. The pros seemed to outweigh the cons.
* Choo, for one game, looked like exactly what the doctor ordered in the leadoff spot. So refreshing to see a professional hitter in that spot. I know they only had one run and were frustrating at the plate in this one, but it's going to pay off big-time over the course of the season.
* Cueto was dealing. He had his one typical letdown pitch to Ianetta, but to do what he did to that lineup was impressive. The pitches he made in the bases-loaded jam were just filthy.
* Bullpen was fantastic. I'd even put Hoover in that mix. He looked good until he had to go longer than he probably should have.
* Losing Ludwick on freak injury. Going to be a tough blow for first half of season.
* Situational hitting. Ugh. Continues to be their Achilles heel, especially with Bruce. I've kinda gotten numb to it with him, though, and accepted that's just what he's going to be.
* Taking the bat out of Votto's hands late with the sacrifice bunt by Phillips (given the above "con" I just listed). Didn't think that was a winning move.