Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who gets the call for Ludwick going on the DL??

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lutz

12 13.79%
  • Phipps

34 39.08%
  • Robinson

24 27.59%
  • Hamilton

9 10.34%
  • trade/other please list on forum page your idea

8 9.20%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: who gets the call if Ludwick needs to be on the DL??

who gets the call if Ludwick needs to be on the DL??

I say its down to 4 guys.. Phipps, Lutz,Robinson or Hamilton..

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: who gets the call if Ludwick needs to be on the DL??

Thread already opened on topic discussing this.

Never mind, didn't notice this was a poll. Carry on.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I don't have a preference between Perez/Phipps/Robinson. I want the guy to be a good defender (all are), but not be someone who will simply rot on the bench, which means no Lutz or Hamilton. Those guys need to play.

It depends what the MRI reveals. If the MRI reveals a tear in the shoulder then Ludwick is done for the year. I really feel at that point the team needs to at least consider Rolen or making a trade. Maybe nothing will be out there. But, I'm not really seeing any internal options that would be good over a whole season.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

They're all equally mediocre / non-ML caliber -- I suspect you just pick a name at random and hope for the best.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

It's a helluva opportunity for whoever gets the call

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I don't have a preference between Perez/Phipps/Robinson. I want the guy to be a good defender (all are), but not be someone who will simply rot on the bench, which means no Lutz or Hamilton. Those guys need to play.
    Assuming no trade/FA to be had. Do you consider Hamilton if Ludwick is out for the year. Or do you try to ride it out with Heisey?

Phipps for now, but I think H-Rod should be considered. Frazier to LF. H-Rod to the 2 hole and Phillips clean-up. I'd buy some time before going to Hamilton.
    Last edited by mth123; 04-01-2013 at 10:10 PM.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Hamilton didn't look ready for ML hitting this spring - he needs to spend as much of the season in AAA as possible.
    If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve!

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Phipps for now, but I think H-Rod should ne considered. Frazier to LF. H-Rod to the 2 hole and Phillips clean-up. I'd buy some time before going to Hamilton.
    That's reasonable. I'd probably wimp out and put Cozart in the 2 hole though.

I'm abstaining from any definite preference until I hear the severity of things. I would try to sneak by with Heisey and Phipps(or the like) if we are talking 4-6 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tadasimha View Post
    Hamilton didn't look ready for ML hitting this spring - he needs to spend as much of the season in AAA as possible.
    Completely agree. His swing from the left side is far from being MLB ready. Plus he still needs to learn how to get a better read of pitcher's moves. I really hope he spends all of 2013 in the minors, at least until Sept.

If I was going to rush anyone, it would be Lutz, but even he is pretty far away.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Assuming no trade/FA to be had. Do you consider Hamilton if Ludwick is out for the year. Or do you try to ride it out with Heisey?
    I honestly would go with Heisey in CF and Choo in left if Ludwick is going to be out for the year. Eventually, you bring Hamilton up, but only once he is in a groove. I certainly don't bring him up right now no matter what happens with Ludwick's MRI.

14. Likes:

bigredmechanism (04-01-2013),remdog (04-02-2013)

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

I don't know if I can deal with a full season of Heisey at the plate. It might be good for Hamilton's development, but it's going to tax my sanity.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

16. Likes:

LoganBuck (04-02-2013)

Ludwick won't miss the entire season, but there is a chance he could miss like three months. I don't think that's out of the question at all. Probably worst case, but still possible.

If he's out that long, the Reds should absolutely move Choo to LF and play Heisey or Hamilton in CF.
    Last edited by reds44; 04-01-2013 at 11:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    This, if Ludwick is out for thr year, then bring Hamilton up and let him learn here. I feel like no one else will come close to the production we will have lost with Ludwick. Maybe we can strike gold with Hamilton learning on the fly.

19. Likes:

jmac (04-01-2013)

Turn Off Ads?