Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who gets the call for Ludwick going on the DL??

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lutz

12 13.79%
  • Phipps

34 39.08%
  • Robinson

24 27.59%
  • Hamilton

9 10.34%
  • trade/other please list on forum page your idea

8 9.20%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: who gets the call if Ludwick needs to be on the DL??

Re: who gets the call if Ludwick needs to be on the DL??

Quote Originally Posted by 1940757690 View Post
    You know who'd I'd have LOVED to have seen the Reds add for depth and now for this situation? Either of two solid outfielders the Nats let go during the offseason.

1. Rick Ankiel, now in Houston. Such a solid, hard working and productive player and a great presence in the dugout and clubhouse.

2. Michael Morse. Love this guy. The Nats had to let him go when they brought Span in and then resigned Adam Roche. Now banished to Seattle, who won their opener.
    Before Ludwick was resigned i had hoped the Reds would get Morse for LF and Ankiel for a bat off the bench.. Two players i hoped we would get.. Hope Walt has something up his sleeve!!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

They don't have a good option right now, but I'd hope Walt gets the chance to go shopping at some point as the midseason mark comes closer.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

my guess is closer to 60 days than 15. Should know more after surgery. Maybe they are just going to scope some junk out and it won't be that bad.
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I honestly would go with Heisey in CF and Choo in left if Ludwick is going to be out for the year. Eventually, you bring Hamilton up, but only once he is in a groove. I certainly don't bring him up right now no matter what happens with Ludwick's MRI.
    Agreed. Do you think Dusty will do this though?

I bring up Phipps which means it will be Derrick Robinson.

I believe they will call up Robinson.

I would prefer they call up Phipps.

8. Likes:

texasdave (04-03-2013)

In all seriousness, I'd let Heisey play CF for the month of April. If he can't maintain an OPS above .750, I'd consider bringing up either Lutz (for LF) or Hamilton (for CF). If neither of those guys appear ready, I'd offer up Lotzkar and one of Ondrusek/Arredondo for Drew Stubbs.

Let Stubbs keep CF and the 8 hole warm until Hamilton is ready. With Choo leading off, we don't need Stubbs to be an .800 OPS guy- just play gold glove defense and be a positive in the clubhouse when you're sent back to the bench when either Luddy returns or Lutz/Hamilton prove ready.

Bottom line, unless you're bringing in Giancarlo Stanton, Choo is a corner OF. With Luddy out of the way, let him be what he is and worry about who mans CF until Hamilton is ready or Luddy is healthy.
    Go BLUE!!!

Casper Wells was recently DFAed by Seattle. Based on Steamer & Zips projections he is projected to be worth 0.5-1.0 WAR this year. That is better than Robinson or Phipps.

11. Likes:

mth123 (04-03-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Redleg82 View Post
    How about Michael Brantley from Cleveland? He's not starting due to the acquisition of Stubbs and Bourn. He hit about .288 last year and is a good fielder. We could move Choo to left and put Brantley in center.
    Good idea, Brantley would probably be an upgrade to Heisey/Paul.
    Lifetime 330 OBP, we've had worse at the top of the lineup.

Actually, you could have Brantley leadoff and move Choo to the middle of the batting order (potentially).

I'm guessing we will flounder with Heisey/Paul for awhile.. I guess I don't expect any reinforcements until the midseason trading deadline (if at all).

I'm still bummed out over losing Ludwick.. It's dampened my enthusiasm for this year.

Edit.. Now I see that Brantley is a regular starter for Cle.. oh well, it would've been a nice pickup
    Last edited by REDREAD; 04-03-2013 at 10:04 AM.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    Good idea, Brantley would probably be an upgrade to Heisey/Paul.
    Lifetime 330 OBP, we've had worse at the top of the lineup.

Actually, you could have Brantley leadoff and move Choo to the middle of the batting order (potentially).

I'm guessing we will flounder with Heisey/Paul for awhile.. I guess I don't expect any reinforcements until the midseason trading deadline (if at all).

I'm still bummed out over losing Ludwick.. It's dampened my enthusiasm for this year.

Edit.. Now I see that Brantley is a regular starter for Cle.. oh well, it would've been a nice pickup
    When Jason Giambi gets activated from the DL, I believe Stubbs is headed to the bench. Would people really object to a Ondrusek for Stubbs deal? Stubbs in the 8 hole playing gold glove defense in CF for the next three months wouldn't be horrible, right?
    Go BLUE!!!

Since Ludwick's injury is will probally keep him out till after the All Star break, how about the Reds thinking about the much traveled Jaun Rivera. I know he was cut by the Yanks last week but i think he would add some pop. Or maybe Ranger Julio Borbon who can't seem to please Ron Washington in Texas.Both have more major league exposure than Phipps or Rodriguez and have at least played for a team in the middle of a pennant race.

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    When Jason Giambi gets activated from the DL, I believe Stubbs is headed to the bench. Would people really object to a Ondrusek for Stubbs deal? Stubbs in the 8 hole playing gold glove defense in CF for the next three months wouldn't be horrible, right?

lets not get all crazy

I am not opposed to it....not sure I am feeling it though, but it sure would be nice to have Drew roaming CF for a little while longer....I will have to chew on that idea for a bit...no pun intended

I would take Stubbs back for a spare part like Logan.
    Honestly, I think Stubbs as an everyday player is probably better than Heisey everyday. (When offense and defense are factored in)
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

In all seriousness, I'd let Heisey play CF for the month of April. If he can't maintain an OPS above .750, I'd consider bringing up either Lutz (for LF) or Hamilton (for CF). If neither of those guys appear ready, I'd offer up Lotzkar and one of Ondrusek/Arredondo for Drew Stubbs.

Let Stubbs keep CF and the 8 hole warm until Hamilton is ready. With Choo leading off, we don't need Stubbs to be an .800 OPS guy- just play gold glove defense and be a positive in the clubhouse when you're sent back to the bench when either Luddy returns or Lutz/Hamilton prove ready.

Bottom line, unless you're bringing in Giancarlo Stanton, Choo is a corner OF. With Luddy out of the way, let him be what he is and worry about who mans CF until Hamilton is ready or Luddy is healthy.
    You're kidding right...Redszone would blow up. There was a reason we got rid of Stubbs....HE STUNK!!! If not Choo, Jay Bruce is the only guy I want playing CF until Hamilton gets the call up...hopefully in September. Just my opinion tho.

Turn Off Ads?