Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who gets the call for Ludwick going on the DL??

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lutz

12 13.79%
  • Phipps

34 39.08%
  • Robinson

24 27.59%
  • Hamilton

9 10.34%
  • trade/other please list on forum page your idea

8 9.20%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: who gets the call if Ludwick needs to be on the DL??

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Re: who gets the call if Ludwick needs to be on the DL??

Unless some other team signed him, I'm thinking Johnny Damon? LOL

2. Turn Off Ads?

I am going to go for the truly dark horse candidate (and this is sure to be laughed at and/or scorned by all)...

... but there is only one, count it ONE outfielder currently on the Reds 40 man roster that is not currently on the active roster.

Unless Ludwick goes on the 60 day DL, that means Walt would have to use up his final slot on the 40 to bring up any of the proposed players in this poll.

I think Walt may have a reason to keep that slot open. I also think that the Reds are at decision point on that player... they cannot keep him on the 40 much longer if he does not show something soon. A month in the majors with the big club may be exactly what he needs to get his progression going again. that plus he had a 1.235 OPS in spring training (yes, this is basically meaningless)

My dark horse (if Ludwick is only out for 6 weeks or so) is Yorman Rodriguez.

Ok, now that I typed all that out, I realize how totally ridiculous it sounds. I may have a better chance of being called up from my office to replace Chapman as closer than Yorman has of being called up with a career minor league OPS of .685... but I really want this kid to succeed.

How about Michael Brantley from Cleveland? He's not starting due to the acquisition of Stubbs and Bourn. He hit about .288 last year and is a good fielder. We could move Choo to left and put Brantley in center.
    Last edited by Mr.Redleg82; 04-02-2013 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Redleg82 View Post
    How about Michael Brantley from Cleveland? He's not starting due to the acquisition of Stubbs and Bourn. He hit about .288 last year and is a good fielder. We could move Choo to left and put Brantley in center.
    I think Brantley is playing left for the Indians.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

I would attempt a trade using Daniel Corcino, Billy Hamilton, Donald Lutz, and Mike Leake
    for Giancarlo Stanton. Too much you say, you get what you pay for.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CySeymour View Post
    Yep. He's hitting cleanup, too.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    Yep. He's hitting cleanup, too.
    WHAT?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

My bad, Twitter shows him hitting fifth. I didn't see Bourn at the top.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Posted this in the other thread too:

Ludwick to have surgery tomorrow to repair torn cartilage in his right shoulder. Reds to make corresponding roster before tomorrow's game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Posted this in the other thread too:

Ludwick to have surgery tomorrow to repair torn cartilage in his right shoulder. Reds to make corresponding roster before tomorrow's game.
    I see from their FB feed that they're starting with the 15 day DL. What's the prognosis on "torn cartilage"? Or does that remain to be seen once they get in and fix it?
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Even if Walt is working the phones, which I certain that he is, you just know the other team's are asking for an arm and a leg. No shoulders thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    I see from their FB feed that they're starting with the 15 day DL. What's the prognosis on "torn cartilage"? Or does that remain to be seen once they get in and fix it?
    All signs point to a stay on the DL of much longer than 15 days. I think it very well could be a wait and see what the damage looks like situation.

Quote Originally Posted by CySeymour View Post
    Duly noted, don't know how I missed that

Trade for Drew Stubbs?

Only half kidding. If CLE picks up his salary difference, I might offer them a Kyle Lotzkar and/or Logan Ondrusek. This applies only if Luddy is out more than a month or two.
    Go BLUE!!!

You know who'd I'd have LOVED to have seen the Reds add for depth and now for this situation? Either of two solid outfielders the Nats let go during the offseason.

1. Rick Ankiel, now in Houston. Such a solid, hard working and productive player and a great presence in the dugout and clubhouse.

2. Michael Morse. Love this guy. The Nats had to let him go when they brought Span in and then resigned Adam Roche. Now banished to Seattle, who won their opener.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

17. Likes:

Redsfansince72 (04-02-2013)

Turn Off Ads?