Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First timer at Slugger Stadium w/ Questions

Re: First timer at Slugger Stadium w/ Questions

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    In my time working with the public, what some consider "crass and mean" is really just code for not getting the free stuff they don't want to pay for.

Let me repeat.

The seats we moved to were cheaper than the ones we paid for.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    Let me repeat.

The seats we moved to were cheaper than the ones we paid for.
    Upper deck seats are tied for the most expensive in slugger field. They are special season ticket holder seats, with access to a club, and, I believe, seat padding.

Quote Originally Posted by batsfan View Post
    Upper deck seats are tied for the most expensive in slugger field. They are special season ticket holder seats, with access to a club, and, I believe, seat padding.
    I just went to the Slugger Stadium site and I am hard pressed to remember back in 2008 just exactly where my original tickets were compared to where I moved exactly but I am pretty positive at the very least the tickets and I bought and the seats I moved to get my son out of the shade were of the same price if not cheaper as I earlier stated.

Regardless the rudeness of 2 different ushers to a family of 4 simply trying to get their child out of the sun is poor customer service. Your welcome to defend your home stadium as just a wonderful place , however from my experience it was not.
    Last edited by George Anderson; 04-04-2013 at 09:50 AM.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

The three sections on the far left and two sections on the far right of the 2nd level are not as strictly policed as those sections closer to home plate. Up until recently, you couldn't buy single game tickets for those sections closer to home plate as they were designated for full season ticket holders only. And you couldn't even buy partial season ticket packages in those locations either. I've sat in seats that weren't on my tickets plenty of times but I know which places I would be more likely to get away with it. I've also been asked to move from seats that weren't my own. I did and there were no problems.

The upper level tickets that are available for single game purchase are in the most expensive seating bracket. They have been since the park opened.

As the one who started this thread to ask for advice on navigating a first visit to Slugger Field, just wanted to report back.

We caught the Monday game in which Hamilton went 4 for 5 with a couple of steals and the Bats lost 7-2. Was near deserted since the game partly conflicted with the start of the Mens Basketball National Championship.

In two words: Loved It. Probably not a great test of George's concerns since it wasn't busy but I walked the full perimeter and talked with maybe three ushers on different levels, infield and outfield. In all three cases, they were very nice to me and when I asked whether it would be okay with lower level seats to move to less expensive upper level or outfield, they all seemed to think it wouldn't be a problem at all so long as the park wasn't especially full and no risk of causing seat conflicts (common sense in other words).

Others were also really nice to us. The sweet older woman just beyond the team store who sold me a program. The younger vendors just above our section (110) who were excited to hear we were visiting from DC and asked how we liked the game and park. Etc.

Moving seats aside, we bought tix directly from the box office and got 5th row above the visitor's box. There were tons of empty seats everywhere -- kind of amazing to me the teams don't at least facilitate sales of tix online for interested season ticket holders like some (all?) major league teams do. All those seats seem to go unused a lot.

Gorgeous park. And, foodwise, the Louisville Links vendor on the main level above left field was the winner inside the gates. Outside, the brew pub actually had some of the better wings I think I've ever had, let a lone in a brewery restaurant part of a ballpark complex. They brine the wings and really do 'em right.

Thanks for the help. We had a great time.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

Turn Off Ads?