Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Left Field

Left Field

For those who have said Heisey just needs to get some consistant at bats ... he should play more ... I hope you are right. For some reason, to me he looks like one of those AAAA players. Too good for AAA ball, but not good enough to be an every day player at the major league level. Brandon Larson was the AAAA prototype.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Left Field

Iīm not a big heisey fan, but no problem with him batting in the 7-9 spot...

I doubt that he will get much at bats though... dusty will platoon him with paul and perhaps even frazier will get some time in left

Prognosis...Negative StRedlegs900's Avatar

I'm not too sure what I think about Heisey at this point. I think he was over-matched yesterday in some big situations, but I also believe that he was put in a tough situation being forced to bat cleanup due to an injury.

Something that I was thinking at the game yesterday when he was at-bat with the bases loaded, what would people have said about him laying down a bunt in that situation? I thought about it for a few reasons:

1. He had tried it earlier in the game, and while the bunt wasn't far from the catcher he STILL almost beat it out.

2. The 3rd baseman was on the dirt preparing for a double play, and it still would've been relatively surprising.

3. Heisey is a pretty adept bunter (at least it's always seemed that way).

4. You had decent speed at 3rd base in X. Paul.

5. The team had hardly made ANY hard contact at all for the entire game.

It was an idea that I thought would have been clever in that situation, but I'm sure it would've been hugely second-guessed if it didn't work. What would everyone have thought about such a play?

Quote Originally Posted by StRedlegs900 View Post

Something that I was thinking at the game yesterday when he was at-bat with the bases loaded, what would people have said about him laying down a bunt in that situation?
    I thought the same, it looked like he went for a home run (the way he swung)... with his speed he has to put the ball in play in this situation... donīt swing for the grand slam

This is the year

looks like he will be getting a few AB's now.

With Ludwick's injury, I'd move Choo to left, Heisey to center, and bat Hannigan cleanup or 5th. He's a reliable contact hitter who can go yard, and shouldn't be batting 8th anyway.

Kneel before Zod Cant Touch This's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HDBoy View Post
    With Ludwick's injury, I'd move Choo to left, Heisey to center, and bat Hannigan cleanup or 5th. He's a reliable contact hitter who can go yard, and shouldn't be batting 8th anyway.
    That's like saying Deion Sanders can go yard. Hanigan has 18 home runs in 1300+ career plate appearances. While I believe he is an underrated and quite useful hitter, he's not exactly the threat I'd want protecting Votto and doesn't belong anywhere in the meat of the order.

Mesoraco might be a completely different story, however...
    A flute with no holes is not a flute. A doughnut with no holes is a danish. -- Zen Philosopher Basho

Depending on how long Ludwick is out, I would play Choo in LF and put Heisey in CF. If Ludwick is only expected to be out 2-3 weeks then I'd just stick with Choo and let him get more comfortable in CF.

Radio

They are saying Ludwick is out at least 3 months now... Heisey will get his chance for sure now, and more than a couple weeks to prove himself

We can always put Griffey in left...Sorry I listened to the "griff im missin you" song for the first time today

The circumstances with Ludwick don't look too good for an extended period of time. I hate the idea of Hanigan batting in the four hole. I would like him to bat up in the lineup but four is not an option. If I had to choose my two ideal lineups for right now just off my head I would go:
    1. Choo
    2.Hanigan
    3.Votto
    4.BP
    5.Bruce
    6.Frazier
    7.Cozart
    8. Heisey/Paul switch
    or
    1.Choo
    2.BP
    3.Votto
    4.Bruce/Frazier
    5.Bruce/Frazier
    6.Hanigan
    7.Cozart
    8.Heisey/Paul switch

Quote Originally Posted by matt85webb View Post
    The circumstances with Ludwick don't look too good for an extended period of time. I hate the idea of Hanigan batting in the four hole. I would like him to bat up in the lineup but four is not an option. If I had to choose my two ideal lineups for right now just off my head I would go:
    1. Choo
    2.Hanigan
    3.Votto
    4.BP
    5.Bruce
    6.Frazier
    7.Cozart
    8. Heisey/Paul switch
    or
    1.Choo
    2.BP
    3.Votto
    4.Bruce/Frazier
    5.Bruce/Frazier
    6.Hanigan
    7.Cozart
    8.Heisey/Paul switch
    With how often Dusty seems to be having the 2 guy bunt, maybe they should just put Heisey there because he's got good speed and is probably the best bunter on the team.

Radio

Quote Originally Posted by coachpipe View Post
    We can always put Griffey in left...Sorry I listened to the "griff im missin you" song for the first time today
    I miss Junior, but certainly not his paper towel hamstrings

This is the year

Is there anyone possibly available to us?

If not i feel like we needs to make a move with a big time trade or something of the sort. From watching it i was figuring he would only be out for a 2-3 weeks at the most. No we pretty much lost him for the season.

Im highly doubting heisey is the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Cant Touch This View Post
    That's like saying Deion Sanders can go yard. Hanigan has 18 home runs in 1300+ career plate appearances. While I believe he is an underrated and quite useful hitter, he's not exactly the threat I'd want protecting Votto and doesn't belong anywhere in the meat of the order.

Mesoraco might be a completely different story, however...

I donīt want to see mesoraco anywhere near the clean up position (yet)... I would try Hanigan at 2nd and Phillips as #4....

hanigan canīt go yard, but he gets on base, has a good eye and puts the ball in play... he isnīt speedy gonzales but with votto, phillips and bruce behind him, he only has to get on base (what he does)

Turn Off Ads?