Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25

Thread: Surgery for Ludwick

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    36

    Surgery for Ludwick

    According to Fay. No timetable for a return. I'd guess Robinson gets the call-up now.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Member 1940757690's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    500

    Re: Surgery for Ludwick

    Quote Originally Posted by Birdman007 View Post
    According to Fay. No timetable for a return. I'd guess Robinson gets the call-up now.
    Geez. Not Good.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

  4. #3
    Radio
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    42

    Re: Surgery for Ludwick

    Are ligament tears usually longer or shorter recovery than broken bones?

  5. #4
    Radio
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    42

    Re: Surgery for Ludwick

    Welp, Team stream just notified me that multiple reports are saying he will be out for at least 3 months.


  6. #5
    This is the year
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    fairfield
    Posts
    237

    Re: Surgery for Ludwick

    unbelievable. Total waste. To be completely honest. Hey ludwick Act like you've played baseball before and learn to slide. He looked like he never had before.

  7. #6
    Stat geek...and proud
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    New Paris, OH
    Posts
    2,599
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwreds31 View Post
    unbelievable. Total waste. To be completely honest. Hey ludwick Act like you've played baseball before and learn to slide. He looked like he never had before.
    Really?
    numbersinthereds.blogspot.com I actually made a post on 10/17/14. I promise.

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Findlay,Ohio
    Posts
    50

    Re: Surgery for Ludwick

    Quote Originally Posted by bmwreds31 View Post
    unbelievable. Total waste. To be completely honest. Hey ludwick Act like you've played baseball before and learn to slide. He looked like he never had before.
    Really? A hustle play that ended with a fluke injury. Best wishes to Ryan on a speedy recovery.

  9. #8
    5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    South of Cincinnati
    Posts
    2,216

    Re: Surgery for Ludwick

    Quote Originally Posted by fireman937 View Post
    Really? A hustle play that ended with a fluke injury. Best wishes to Ryan on a speedy recovery.
    Toughest part of the thing. If it was some bonehead deal, might make it easier to swallow, but he was busting his butt to win a game.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

  10. #9
    Radio
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    42

    Re: Surgery for Ludwick

    Quote Originally Posted by bmwreds31 View Post
    unbelievable. Total waste. To be completely honest. Hey ludwick Act like you've played baseball before and learn to slide. He looked like he never had before.

  11. #10
    This is the year
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    fairfield
    Posts
    237

    Re: Surgery for Ludwick

    Ok maybe it was a little harsh and i definitely appreciate the hustle and applaud that. However, Did you guys see the replays? It was a pathetic slide, And with how perfect the MLB fields are. I see no reason his arm should have grabbed like that. Unless he was just out of shape for the season or just awkward in general. My guess is the later. Im upset at the total waste of money he now was.

    And like i said in another post. This is a pretty big blow. This team needed Ludwick to not only be very avg like last year. But to return to form this year. And really settle in.

    I hope we figure something out. But i highly doubt heisey is going to tear it up.

  12. #11
    Member tomnuetten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Freiburg (Germany)
    Posts
    1,229

    Re: Surgery for Ludwick

    Quote Originally Posted by bmwreds31 View Post
    Ok maybe it was a little harsh and i definitely appreciate the hustle and applaud that. However, Did you guys see the replays? It was a pathetic slide, And with how perfect the MLB fields are. I see no reason his arm should have grabbed like that. Unless he was just out of shape for the season or just awkward in general. My guess is the later. Im upset at the total waste of money he now was.

    And like i said in another post. This is a pretty big blow. This team needed Ludwick to not only be very avg like last year. But to return to form this year. And really settle in.

    I hope we figure something out. But i highly doubt heisey is going to tear it up.

    is this a late april fools day joke?

  13. #12
    Radio
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    42

    Re: Surgery for Ludwick

    Quote Originally Posted by bmwreds31 View Post
    Ok maybe it was a little harsh and i definitely appreciate the hustle and applaud that. However, Did you guys see the replays? It was a pathetic slide, And with how perfect the MLB fields are. I see no reason his arm should have grabbed like that. Unless he was just out of shape for the season or just awkward in general. My guess is the later. Im upset at the total waste of money he now was.

    And like i said in another post. This is a pretty big blow. This team needed Ludwick to not only be very avg like last year. But to return to form this year. And really settle in.

    I hope we figure something out. But i highly doubt heisey is going to tear it up.
    I saw nothing glaringly wrong with the slide. But I'm sure you could have done it better.

  14. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    62

    Re: Surgery for Ludwick

    Quote Originally Posted by bmwreds31 View Post
    Ok maybe it was a little harsh and i definitely appreciate the hustle and applaud that. However, Did you guys see the replays? It was a pathetic slide, And with how perfect the MLB fields are. I see no reason his arm should have grabbed like that. Unless he was just out of shape for the season or just awkward in general. My guess is the later. Im upset at the total waste of money he now was.

    And like i said in another post. This is a pretty big blow. This team needed Ludwick to not only be very avg like last year. But to return to form this year. And really settle in.

    I hope we figure something out. But i highly doubt heisey is going to tear it up.
    Lighten up Francis.

  15. #14
    First Time Caller SunDeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Posts
    5,396

    Re: Surgery for Ludwick

    Take it from a guy who tore his own shoulder up and had to have far more serious surgery than Ludwick to rebuild it- sometimes these things happen. I dislocated my shoulder (the first time!) diving for a ball behind second base, something I'd did many times before. Only this time I landed funny and the joint came apart.

    Did you say the same thing last year when Votto hurt his knee sliding? It might well have cost them the NL pennant.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

  16. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Chapel Hill NC
    Posts
    3,283

    Re: Surgery for Ludwick

    Quote Originally Posted by bmwreds31 View Post
    Ok maybe it was a little harsh and i definitely appreciate the hustle and applaud that. However, Did you guys see the replays? It was a pathetic slide, And with how perfect the MLB fields are. I see no reason his arm should have grabbed like that. Unless he was just out of shape for the season or just awkward in general. My guess is the later. Im upset at the total waste of money he now was.

    And like i said in another post. This is a pretty big blow. This team needed Ludwick to not only be very avg like last year. But to return to form this year. And really settle in.

    I hope we figure something out. But i highly doubt heisey is going to tear it up.
    I am pretty sure (?) I had read the field was a lil wet where he slid, arm/shoulder just stuck in it while rest of body kept going.
    UNC Tar Heels 2009 National Champions 5 time NCAA Champs
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09
    Go Heels!!!!!


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25