Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Surgery for Ludwick

Re: Surgery for Ludwick

Very unfortunate, after everyone was so excited to lock him up he only gets limited play in 1 game. Chris Heisey will do nicely and when Ludwick comes back we will only be stronger, we have that to look forward to.
    I've said all winter — they talk about this team winning the division — and my comment is, they won't win it because, at the end of the day, they still are the Chicago Cubs, and they will figure out a way to screw this whole thing up. - Marty Brennaman

2. Turn Off Ads?
    This is the year

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    Take it from a guy who tore his own shoulder up and had to have far more serious surgery than Ludwick to rebuild it- sometimes these things happen. I dislocated my shoulder (the first time!) diving for a ball behind second base, something I'd did many times before. Only this time I landed funny and the joint came apart.

Did you say the same thing last year when Votto hurt his knee sliding? It might well have cost them the NL pennant.
    I agree with you. But diving for a ball like that is a lot different than a routine slide. If he would have snagged on the defenders leg or something. No complaints. But just the way it happened it looked like so what. Whether you guys know about injuries or not. It doesnt matter but i know injuries that didnt look so bad. Or you feel like you didnt do anything that crazy. Probably happened because you were out of shape. Surprised you guys are not slightly upset about handing this dude Millions just for him to play one game this year. Obviously this is all speculation. Im not saying he did anything on purpose. However i am questioning whether he did everything he needed to and worked as hard as he needed to in the offseason to be ready to play. Thats all.

Radio

Quote Originally Posted by bmwreds31 View Post
    I agree with you. But diving for a ball like that is a lot different than a routine slide. If he would have snagged on the defenders leg or something. No complaints. But just the way it happened it looked like so what. Whether you guys know about injuries or not. It doesnt matter but i know injuries that didnt look so bad. Or you feel like you didnt do anything that crazy. Probably happened because you were out of shape. Surprised you guys are not slightly upset about handing this dude Millions just for him to play one game this year. Obviously this is all speculation. Im not saying he did anything on purpose. However i am questioning whether he did everything he needed to and worked as hard as he needed to in the offseason to be ready to play. Thats all.
    I feel like you probably have never played baseball before, or any sport for that matter.

This is the year

actually college baseball. ^ Broke homerun record at my high school for single season. Select baseball since i was 9. and some basketball and football in high school.

But nah you were dead on that prediction. There's really no reason to be hostile. Ive had one injury in my life. Tore my ACL a couple years ago. Because i was trying to play indoor soccer like i was 18 again. Injury happened just by fluke. But also because i was out of shape. Which is my point. Im questioning whether its a possibility he just wasnt in the kind of shape he needed to be for the season opener 110%.

or i could be totally off and could be the kind of crazy injury like that louisville basketball players leg recently.

Quote Originally Posted by bmwreds31 View Post
    actually college baseball. ^ Broke homerun record at my high school for single season. Select baseball since i was 9. and some basketball and football in high school.

But nah you were dead on that prediction. There's really no reason to be hostile. Ive had one injury in my life. Tore my ACL a couple years ago. Because i was trying to play indoor soccer like i was 18 again. Injury happened just by fluke. But also because i was out of shape. Which is my point. Im questioning whether its a possibility he just wasnt in the kind of shape he needed to be for the season opener 110%.

or i could be totally off and could be the kind of crazy injury like that louisville basketball players leg recently.
    Why is it even a question? The guy is a professional. He got hurt. It happens.

* Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

I think if management is expecting Ludwick to contribute this season they are wasting their time. IF he comes back in 3 months he will be very rusty and probably still recovering.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I think if management is expecting Ludwick to contribute this season they are wasting their time. IF he comes back in 3 months he will be very rusty and probably still recovering.
    I agree with that. I know it's way way way too early to start talking trades, but a guy I'd like to see the reds go after is Michael Young. Put him at third and Frazier in left.

He'd bring better D to third.

Offers a veteran right handed hitter with a professional approach.

Has playoff and World Series experience.

I'm not sure what his contract looks like but would give you insurance if you can't resign choo or this injury effectively ends ludwicks career.

I know way too early and I have no idea if the phillies will be in it or what he'd cost, but that would be the type of player I'd like to see the Reds bring in if ludwick is done/ineffective for the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Old school 1983 View Post
    I agree with that. I know it's way way way too early to start talking trades, but a guy I'd like to see the reds go after is Michael Young. Put him at third and Frazier in left.

He'd bring better D to third.

Offers a veteran right handed hitter with a professional approach.

Has playoff and World Series experience.

I'm not sure what his contract looks like but would give you insurance if you can't resign choo or this injury effectively ends ludwicks career.

I know way too early and I have no idea if the phillies will be in it or what he'd cost, but that would be the type of player I'd like to see the Reds bring in if ludwick is done/ineffective for the season.

I like the outside the box thinking, but Frazier seems to be settling in at third and for him to be the future at 3B all the reps he can get are very important. I bet Young can probably play left field, throw him out there!

Personally, I would rather see Josh Willingham, who is a better version of Ryan Ludwick.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I like the outside the box thinking, but Frazier seems to be settling in at third and for him to be the future at 3B all the reps he can get are very important. I bet Young can probably play left field, throw him out there!

Personally, I would rather see Josh Willingham, who is a better version of Ryan Ludwick.
    That'd be a great option too. I think the twins would want more in return in terms of young pitching for him whereas the phillies may want outfield help. I'd rather give up the outfield help. If the price is right though I'd love to have either player. But I'd rather give up good young pitching if the reds were to go after a younger player with more contract control like Headley or the pipe dream of Stanton.

Turn Off Ads?