Turn Off Ads?
Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Ludwick to 15 day DL; surgery set for Wednesday

Re: Ludwick injury - dislocated shoulder

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    I don't think they're going to trade for another OFer with Ludwick under contract next year and Hamilton, at most, a year away.
    I sure hope so. Given the options in L'ville, this is the best move imho. Someone like Rick Ankiel or Mark Morse would be cool.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

2. Turn Off Ads?
    rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar
    Well, it was cool seeing the Reds have the most complete lineup in my lifetime for a least one game yesterday.

"Looking forward" to a bunch of Chris Heisey.

Quote Originally Posted by 1940757690 View Post
    I sure hope so. Given the options in L'ville, this is the best move imho. Someone like Rick Ankiel or Mark Morse would be cool.
    Michael Morse? Isn't he tearing it up for the Mariners right now?
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

I don't think they're going to trade for another OFer with Ludwick under contract next year and Hamilton, at most, a year away. I'd move Choo to LF, play Heisey (or Hamilton) in CF, and try to sign Choo to a LTC.

The only reason NOT to move Choo to LF is if you plan on re-signing Rolen.
    At his age, there's no guarantee that Ludwick ever really recovers from a labrum tear -- especially when his only real game is power.

You have to consider his contract dead money going forward, IMO.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

I don't think they're going to trade for another OFer with Ludwick under contract next year and Hamilton, at most, a year away. I'd move Choo to LF, play Heisey (or Hamilton) in CF, and try to sign Choo to a LTC.
    Alfonso Soriano is the only player that fits the equation. I would rather wait for Hamilton to get his feet wet.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    At his age, there's no guarantee that Ludwick ever really recovers from a labrum tear -- especially when his only real game is power.

Hopefully they got insurance on the contract.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Alfonso Soriano is the only player that fits the equation. I would rather wait for Hamilton to get his feet wet.
    I really like Soriano and wanted us to get him last year, but he's signed for next year as well (at a ton of money) and he declined a trade to the Giants last year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    Yes, they just got him so he's not going anywhere and Ankiel isn't an upgrade from Heisey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

The best thing to do is not to panic.

Go with Choo in LF and Heisey in CF for a few weeks or longer.

I would put out the word out among GM's that if anyone has a serious trade offer to consider, the Reds are listening. You might get a reasonable offer.

11. Likes:

remdog (04-02-2013)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post

I wonder if they insured it?

Also it's cool that this is a new annual thing for the Reds, signing a key player to a decently sized contract and then losing them for a whole season immediately.

He had one hit in the opener yesterday if that qualifies as "tearing it up." I know him well from DC. Love the power and, as much, the work ethic and attitude. He was a much regretted loss here and think he was underrated here and on the market. Someone like that would be gold for the Reds. Easier said than done I know but there are outfielders out there for whom a change of scenery would be a very good thing. I really hope we see a smart trade rather than an ineffective platoon or callup.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

Tearing it up, means he had a good spring training, now?
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Well, it was cool seeing the Reds have the most complete lineup in my lifetime for a least one game yesterday.

"Looking forward" to a bunch of Chris Heisey.
    It's why you upgrade every opportunity you can -- because you never know when a freak injury like this will force a mediocre ballplayer into your lineup.

I suspect everyone's comfort levels would be a lot shakier if the Reds hadn't acquired Choo and the team was staring at an indefinite future of Heisey and Stubbs in the everyday-8.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

If the choice is Heisey, why wouldn't you put him in center and have Choo play his more natural corner position?
    That's a no-brainer to me.

At this point, it almost seems like the best option to call up Hamilton and move Choo to LF. I think Hamilton is ready to learn as a hitter at the major league level, and there is no way he is going to be worse than Choo as a CF.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Turn Off Ads?