Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Ludwick to 15 day DL; surgery set for Wednesday

Re: Ludwick injury - dislocated shoulder

Am I the only one not the least bit concerned?

The only thing that would scare me is if the Reds panicked and signed Scott Rolen so Frazier could play LF. I love our Outfield depth and don't see us missing a beat.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post

The only thing that would scare me is if the Reds panicked and signed Scott Rolen so Frazier could play LF. I love our Outfield depth and don't see us missing a beat.
    Uh, they didn't hit yesterday, continuing a trend from last year. Luddy is one of the more productive on the roster. Not at all concerned about anemic bats?
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

I'm not worried at all either.

I wasn't expecting much out of Ludwick.

Man that is ugly news. With that kind of surgery you are probably looking at a 2nd half of the year return if he can return at all. None of the options in AAA or Heisey are going to come close to replacing his production.

I saw Hamilton a lot in the minors and while I love his speed I just don't see him being ready at this point to handle major league pitching.

Quote Originally Posted by 1940757690 View Post
    Uh, they didn't hit yesterday, continuing a trend from last year. Luddy is one of the more productive on the roster. Not at all concerned about anemic bats?

If Choo wasn't on the club, I'd be concerned.

Good thing he is.

Quote Originally Posted by 1940757690 View Post
    Most teams didn't hit yesterday. Should everyone panic?

We'll score more runs this year than last year.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Heisey is going to be an out-machine in the lineup if he has to play every day.

All you can say is thank goodness the Reds went out and acquired Choo -- because the lineup would look pretty bleak with Stubbs and Heisey whiffing up a storm for a full season.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Gotcha...thanks for the explanation. Not real familiar with the workings of the DL.
    I actually don't believe you're allowed to put a player on the 60 day DL unless your 40 man roster is full and you're replacing him on it with someone else at the same time. But there's no reason to anyway until you need that 40 man roster spot, as there's no other benefit to the team to putting somone on the 60 day DL vs. the 15 day DL.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Quote Originally Posted by 40YrRedsFan View Post
    As much as I would like to see some speed in our lineup, Hamilton is not ready by a long way. He had a lot of trouble just making contact in ST. Lutz is not an outfielder. If there is no possibility of getting Stanton from Miami, how about Willingham from Minnesota. The Twins opening day starter was Vance Worley. That doesn't say a whole lot about their chances to compete this year. Maybe they would do a Corcino, Leake, and Lutz for Willingham?
    Yeah, no.

Who is your fifth starter even if they agree?

Just call up Hamilton, sit him down, and tell him that it is his job, stay within yourself and play your game.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I wasn't of the belief that Ludwick was going to be close to repeating his 2012. I think it is going to be a downgrade no matter what option the Reds do, but I don't think it is going to be a huge downgrade like if we lost Votto/Phillips. Chris Heisey isn't anything special, but put him in the outfield and he is going to hold his own and in left, he is going to be a decent upgrade defensively.

12. Likes:

reds44 (04-02-2013),remdog (04-02-2013)

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    If Choo wasn't on the club, I'd be concerned.

Good thing he is.
    I'd love for Walt to pull a rabbit out of his hat and announce they've inked Choo to a 4 year extension.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

14. Likes:

Edd Roush (04-02-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I wasn't of the belief that Ludwick was going to be close to repeating his 2012. I think it is going to be a downgrade no matter what option the Reds do, but I don't think it is going to be a huge downgrade like if we lost Votto/Phillips. Chris Heisey isn't anything special, but put him in the outfield and he is going to hold his own and in left, he is going to be a decent upgrade defensively.
    Exactly.

While I might have been a bit extreme in my optimism, yours is more accurate.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 04-02-2013 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    I am almost in favor of letting Billy Hamilton learn on the job. Just my guess but I bet he is down until the Allstar break at the earliest. I kind of like this

Choo
    Hamilton
    Votto
    Phillips
    Bruce
    Frazier
    Cozart
    Mesigan
    Do you want Hamilton stealing in front of Votto? You're setting up him being walked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

The call up won't be Billy Hamilton. Jocketty just said they aren't considering moving Choo from center. That means they aren't calling up Hamilton right now.

Most teams didn't hit yesterday. Should everyone panic?

We'll score more runs this year than last year.
    Not a question of panicking. Just thought it questionable to say no concern whatsoever. And not just about yesterday. Rather, about exacerbating a chronic trend from last year. I have the same optimism/confidence you do about the year ahead--but some concern feels realistic. Wish they had picked up an affordable/good-value mid career type on the market when they had the chance. But, yeah, we've got what we've got. Will be an interesting ride to be sure.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

Turn Off Ads?