Turn Off Ads?
Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Ludwick to 15 day DL; surgery set for Wednesday

Re: Ludwick to 15 day DL; surgery set for Wednesday

Has there been any announcement about Ludwick? A rumor? Anything?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Has there been any announcement about Ludwick? A rumor? Anything?
    Last update was that his surgery went well. I wouldn't expect too much more than that for awhile.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

Good to know! I missed the announcement that the surgery went well.

He was moved to the 60 day dl today. Not that that comes as a shock, or really tells us anything at all.

* Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I thought they said during the radio broadcast last night that he was already rehabbing and in a sling.

Looks like we may see the light at the end of the tunnel. Tweets with quotes and part of an article from FS Ohio writer Kevin Goheen:

#Red Ludwick figures he's still 3-5 days away from playing full 9 innings. No pain in shoulder but soreness as he continues process.

Ludwick: "The competitor in me is trying to push it along because I want to get there as soon as possible." #Reds

Ludwick: "But in the back of my mind I also know that this is a process and I’ve been out for a long time." #Reds

Ludwick: "I need to be right before I go up there because if I’m not I don’t want to go up there and stink and hurt the team." #Reds

"I haven’t done anything yet so far that has made me feel like I’ve put my shoulder in jeopardy of getting hurt again."

“I was so used to being immobile for so long in that sling, I think that’s just kind of it,” said Ludwick. “The theme I’m looking at when I’m analyzing myself as far as at-bat to at-bat I’m analyzing the way I’m seeing the ball. Am I swinging at bad pitches? I’ve probably only swung at three or four pitches out of the zone, which is a plus. I’m drawing walks, which means I’m seeing the ball.”

“Our team has been playing well. I’ve heard a lot of the cries for help because we’re in third place in our division but in actuality I think our record is right around the same clip we were last year. It’s not like we’re playing bad baseball as a team,” said Ludwick. “I’ve been part of the team since Day One. I’m not a new player.”

“I feel like the guys that have filled in for me in left field, whether it be Heisey, D-Rob, X, Lutzie, whoever has been up there at any point in time this year has done a pretty good job. I’m definitely not going up there to rattle any cages. I’m just going to be the guy I was last year. I have fun in the clubhouse. I keep everyone awake and alive, on their toes, be excited to be on the field and try to win ball games.”

https://twitter.com/FSOhio_KGoheen

http://www.foxsportsohio.com/mlb/cin...3&feedID=11217
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

9. Likes:

Always Red (08-01-2013),HeatherC1212 (08-01-2013),REDREAD (08-01-2013)

Which shoulder is it?

“Our team has been playing well. I’ve heard a lot of the cries for help because we’re in third place in our division but in actuality I think our record is right around the same clip we were last year."
    Thank you for the welcome dose of perspective, Mr. Ludwick. Now hurry back if you can!

3-5 days from playing 9 innings means we're probably at least a week or 10 days from seeing him up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

I think having him in the dugout might be worth more than just playing everyday. And I really doubt he'll be playing everyday when he's 100% anyway. Maybe 2 out of 3 or less at first.

14. Likes:

OneManBand (08-01-2013)

Just A Couple Johnny's OneManBand's Avatar

Right now he is at 15 AB (18 PA).. I'd say we are most likely about 2 weeks from seeing him return. Especially if he's feeling a bit of soreness in the shoulder.

Here is what I don't want to have happen. Him having a setback and he's lost for the season & have nothing done to address LF for the entire season. He's a bull; a competitor.. He proved a lot of people wrong last year by regaining some of the old form.

Quote Originally Posted by mdccclxix View Post
    Which shoulder is it?
    non-throwing

17. Likes:

mdccclxix (08-01-2013)

I worry a little bit about plays over his head in the field, then.

Quote Originally Posted by mdccclxix View Post
    I worry a little bit about plays over his head in the field, then.
    On the road, good point. At home however, most stuff over the LF head is either off the wall or into the stands or dumped into the corner. He can play an extra step deep to help alleviate some of the stretching to catch a ball.

Turn Off Ads?