Turn Off Ads?
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627

Thread: Ludwick to 15 day DL; surgery set for Wednesday

Re: Ludwick to 15 day DL; surgery set for Wednesday

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Maxwell would have been a nice addition.
    Maxwell has a .314 wOBA this season. Xavier Paul has a .322. While Chris Heisey has just a .290, last year he had .313. Derrick Robinson has a .302. It doesn't seem Maxwell is an upgrade over anything the Reds already have.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

2. Likes:

Edd Roush (08-10-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    Maxwell has a .314 wOBA this season. Xavier Paul has a .322. While Chris Heisey has just a .290, last year he had .313. Derrick Robinson has a .302. It doesn't seem Maxwell is an upgrade over anything the Reds already have.
    Except the clock has struck 12 on Paul. He's better than Robinson and the Reds need two guys. Actually, assuming Ludwick comes back, I'd have preferred a lefty. Heisey becomes Choo's caddy and lets Choo sit against LHP some of the time and the needed lefty is caddy for Ludwick and the at minimum 2 days per week starter that Luddy will need to sit when he comes back. If they could have gotten one, he could have platooned with Heisey for now while Robinson caddied for Choo. They'd be a better team. IMO, Maxwell is a better alternative than any OF on the current team not named Bruce or Choo.

I have no desire for Xavier Paul to fill that role. Todd Benzinger's bat with Kal Daniels glove.

If the lefty OF could have been a guy for the CF mix in 2014, it would have been worth parting with a little talent.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Maxwell would have been a nice addition, lot o' power in that swing.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Ludwick's stint in AAA is not going well. He is something like 4 for 33 with 1 home run. As much as I'd like to write it off in a "spring training stats don't mean anything" way there is the fact that his stats may be bad because his injury has affected him. It wasn't something as simple as a mild hamstring pull. He had surgery on his shoulder capsule. I don't think anyone knows how he can preform either this year or next.

I wouldn't expect Ludwick to perform as he did last year, but I wouldn't read too much into his stats in AAA. The adrenaline hasn't kicked in yet, and last year it took him a good while to find his timing and get in a groove. Ludwick is unlikely to be a huge difference-maker, but I think he's an upgrade over anything we currently have in left.

As long as he gets hot and stays hot after Oct 1.

9. Likes:

Billy Hamilton's Legs (08-09-2013),kaldaniels (08-09-2013),LoganBuck (08-09-2013),Red Raindog (08-10-2013),smixsell (08-10-2013),Tommyjohn25 (08-10-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    As long as he gets hot and stays hot after Oct 1.
    Yep. Ludwick's first 100 AB last year had folks clamoring for his release. And then he got rolling. He's been a historically slow starter, I'm not expecting anything different when he returns.

11. Likes:

smixsell (08-10-2013)

Get all of the struggling out of the way in AAA, Ryan.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Maxwell would have been a nice addition, lot o' power in that swing.
    Yeah, I'm surprised the Astros let him go.
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

Just A Couple Johnny's OneManBand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    Ludwick's stint in AAA is not going well. He is something like 4 for 33 with 1 home run. As much as I'd like to write it off in a "spring training stats don't mean anything" way there is the fact that his stats may be bad because his injury has affected him. It wasn't something as simple as a mild hamstring pull. He had surgery on his shoulder capsule. I don't think anyone knows how he can preform either this year or next.
    After last night he is 6-44 w/ 1 HR & 4 RBIs.. Has 3 BBs & 11 Ks

Turn Off Ads?