Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rutgers coach Mike Rice is insane

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Re: Rutgers coach Mike Rice is insane

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    The verbal abuse is borderline. You can get away with a lot of that. Even grabbing guys and pulling them to the right spots on the floor. Throwing basketballs at guys' heads? See ya.
    See, I think it's the exact opposite -- I think if it wasn't for the verbal abuse (especially the gay slurs), this wouldn't be news.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    See, I think it's the exact opposite -- I think if it wasn't for the verbal abuse (especially the gay slurs), this wouldn't be news.
    I think if he was the football coach (minus the gay slur) this wouldn't be news.

The AD got the ax too. Deservingly so.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    I think if he was the football coach (minus the gay slur) this wouldn't be news.
    Well, the football players wear helmets, so throwing footballs at their heads wouldn't be so bad. And Mike Leach got fired for putting a player in a dark room.

Well, the football players wear helmets, so throwing footballs at their heads wouldn't be so bad. And Mike Leach got fired for putting a player in a dark room.
    If the player wasn't the son of Craig James he would not have been fired.

13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

Mike Leach got fired for upsetting the James family, he was set up by ESPN and Craig James.
    What if this is as good as it gets?

The school President OK'd the suspension a few months ago and now says that he did so without looking at the videos. How is that not a fireable offense?

The President won't be fired and he knows it. He was hired to lead Rutgers through a merger that is worth millions and millions of dollars, no way Christie fires him with most of the heavy lifting yet to be done with that project.

The kicker with all of this Rice gets a million dollar golden parachute.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    The President won't be fired and he knows it. He was hired to lead Rutgers through a merger that is worth millions and millions of dollars, no way Christie fires him with most of the heavy lifting yet to be done with that project.

The kicker with all of this Rice gets a million dollar golden parachute.
    It comes down to money. If the sponsors and the boosters say they'll cut off their funds then the Pres could be fired. In fact that's why the AD was fired.

I agree with you 100% on the Golden Parachute. That makes me mad

There's really this much of a dustup over those videos? Call me old fashioned if you want but I think it's solid motivation/punishment. I mean really?? I do the exact same thing to my wife and young children every time IU loses.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

When all is said and done more is said than done.

That's awesome. The funniest part was the Fox News guy (I can't remember his name and I ain't looking it up) saying he liked the old school discipline.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Turn Off Ads?