Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Dumb Questions about SmartTV's

Dumb Questions about SmartTV's

Next time my rear projection tv lamp dies, I may switch to a new set. One of those new fangled SmartTV's. When I think SmartTV I think of a You Tune App and a Netflix App.

So how does it work, are the apps limited to what is on the TV or can I choose something? Does the brand matter (as far as apps?) Educamate me.....

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Dumb Questions about SmartTV's

I've got a Samsung SmartTV. The apps are limited to what Samsung offers (which isn't much) but they've got the basics covered (Netflix, MLB.TV, HBOGo, etc). The wireless video quality is great and I'm happy with it and I don't even have cable...

If you got a tablet or an ipad, I say save the money with a basic but bigger Samsung TV. Get a HDMI cable and use any app you want on your TV. Once Breaking Bad is over, the wife and I are turning Direct TV off because we enjoy this setup so much more.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

5. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (04-06-2013),dougdirt (04-06-2013)

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Forget the smartness. Buy a TV with as many HDMI inputs as possible and the best Roku box you can afford.

I have a 2008-vintage first-generation smart TV from Sony that was abandoned by them to future updates about 2 years after I bought it. IMO, it's just too risky to put your streaming eggs in any TV manufacturer's basket.
    /r/reds

Turn Off Ads?