Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reds on TV in TN and Western NC

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Reds on TV in TN and Western NC

I was wondering if anyone knew if the Reds would be on Sportsouth on cable this year in TN and NC. I saw on facebook they might not carry any games in these markets. So far they have not carried any games. Would like to know if this likely to be the reality for the season.

Re: Reds on TV in TN and Western NC

Last year I got virtually no games on cable (South West TN) which really stunk considering that I am almost 6.5 hours from Cincinnati yet am considered "local"...but they carry no games.

Directv and DishNetwork both carry the Reds which might work for you...

Otherwise MLB.com package and a VPN will do the trick.
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

Thanks. Direct TV's sports package does carry all the Reds games in Western NC on 661. My condo rolls your cable bill into the dues, but if worse comes to worse, I'll hit the local pizza joint for a few Thursday and Friday nights where they have the full Direct TV package and catch some live lookins on MLB Network from home.

The things that stinks is that mlbtv actually blocks all the Reds games in Charlotte and Western NC. I tried the service when they had a free preview. They ping your web address and tell you all this team's games are blocked out in your area.
    Last edited by Eric from NC; 04-03-2013 at 12:45 PM.

My dad lives in Western NC and he watched Opening Day on Dish. I don't know about cable though.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric from NC View Post
    The things that stinks is that mlbtv actually blocks all the Reds games in Charlotte and Western NC. I tried the service when they had a free preview. They ping your web address and tell you all this team's games are blocked out in your area.
    This part is definitely true. I live in SC (out of the Reds market), but my ISP is obviously in Asheville. Google searches often suggest Asheville businesses. So I don't get the free games unless I call MLB.com services and have them unblock me, which is a real pain. The worse is when the free game is vs. the Braves and I'm screwed either way. It happened last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric from NC View Post
    Thanks. Direct TV's sports package does carry all the Reds games in Western NC on 661. My condo rolls your cable bill into the dues, but if worse comes to worse, I'll hit the local pizza joint for a few Thursday and Friday nights where they have the full Direct TV package and catch some live lookins on MLB Network from home.

ok why the hell is that???? because im gonna be moving to charlotte in june or july, so you're telling me i'll never be able to watch them?? Why is it that western carolina would black out reds games anyway? They're up in cincinnati would would they be competing with?
    Last edited by Maker_84; 04-05-2013 at 11:39 PM.

If this year is like past years, they show a lot of Reds games on FoxSports Carolinas and Sportssouth beginning in mid June. For some unexplainable reason, they show ACC/SEC Baseball and Softball instead of the Reds in the spring. If you are buying a place or doing a long term lease on a house or condo, it is definitely worth checking out Direct TV. I believe even their middle tier packages in CLT will give you the Reds on Fox Sports OH, Nationals and Os on MASN 1 &2 and Braves on Foxsports South. It's a good deal for a baseball fan without spending the extra money for Extra Innings.
    Last edited by Eric from NC; 04-07-2013 at 05:18 PM. Reason: typo

I'm not sure about Dish, but with Directv, you get a secondary regional sports market when you subscribe to the Sports Pack. For middle TN, Cincinnati is part of my secondary market so I get all Reds games. I cancel the Sports Pack after baseball season and save money for a few months.

On this note, I will be moving to Indianapolis this summer for an internship, does anyone know how much FS Indiana carries Reds games? I know it is affiliated with FS Midwest so they get Cards games, but I wasn't sure if there was a split?
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

There aren't any games on cable in ohio either. Who honestly gives 2 ****s about Cleveland. Especially in cincinnati. Fox sports ohio is a joke. The cavs...really? I hope someone moves them to Baltimore. Might as well get the Columbus blue jackets out of here too while your at it

I did see that we actually are getting tommorrow's day game in CLT. I was checking the cable guide for 7:00 pm games and came up dry. Thanks for everyone's posts. Hopefully, we'll get more games as the season goes on and the unwatchable Bobcats' and some what watchable Hurricanes' games go away.

Yeah, I lived in the Charlotte for the last few years and it was always weird the way the Reds games on TV worked. Like the first two or three weeks it's only sporadic games (even if there isn't an NBA or NHL game on), then about once basketball season ends every Reds game is televised.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

I am in the Pittsburgh market (a few minutes away from the Altoona Curve complex which is kind of cool) so the only difference for me is that I have to watch the local channels when they play the Reds. The Pirates commentators are clueless homers so the last couple of series vs the Pirates last year I actually left them unmuted to hear the wailing.

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

I live in Greensboro, NC. We got about 15-20 games on Sports-South last year. Because of the Nationals move to DC the Baltimore and Cincinnati games are no longer blacked out here in northern/central Piedmont NC. So... we end up getting games from out of market and can still watch online here... kinda alright

Quote Originally Posted by Reds View Post
    I live in Greensboro, NC. We got about 15-20 games on Sports-South last year. Because of the Nationals move to DC the Baltimore and Cincinnati games are no longer blacked out here in northern/central Piedmont NC. So... we end up getting games from out of market and can still watch online here... kinda alright
    Major sports blackout rules are so archaic. Trying to figure what channel or even if a game is on in your local market is like trying to predict the stock market.

Turn Off Ads?