Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Still Worried About the Nats

Still Worried About the Nats

They're really hot and perfectly capable of running the table, so I wonder whether they will have Strasburg in line to pitch the WC game in GABP.

That's where it will be after we keep pounding the Pirates and they fall behind the Nats to miss the playoffs in their "miracle season".

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Still Worried About the Nats

Quote Originally Posted by redssince75 View Post
    They're really hot and perfectly capable of running the table, so I wonder whether they will have Strasburg in line to pitch the WC game in GABP.

That's where it will be after we keep pounding the Pirates and they fall behind the Nats to miss the playoffs in their "miracle season".

If they do run the table then that means that they sweep the Cardinals. If they do that then I want the division

Actually, I don't think that's going to happen. I think we just started a 7 game series with the Pirates where the only game that matters is the 7th. The first 6 are just for fun and for our entertainment

4. Likes:

RedEye (09-22-2013),RedsManRick (09-22-2013)

Already a thread about this from 2 weeks ago. 5 behind with 8 to play. More doubtful than a Phillies 1964 collapse.

6. Likes:

RedEye (09-22-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post

Already a thread about this from 2 weeks ago. 5 behind with 8 to play. More doubtful than a Phillies 1964 collapse.
    I keep trying on here, but some people just don't get tongue-in-cheek posts.

A direct English translation of my post is, "The Nationals aren't going to catch us. They might, however, catch the Pirates."

8. Likes:

MillerTime58 (09-21-2013)

I keep trying on here, but some people just don't get tongue-in-cheek posts.

A direct English translation of my post is, "The Nationals aren't going to catch us. They might, however, catch the Pirates."
    They are also 5 behind with 8 to play from the Pirates. If they catch the Pirates it'd be historical like the '64 Phillies

Rangers were up 5 with 9 to go last year and blew it, you don't have to look back very far.

It would be great if the Reds and Nats win both games this weekend so the Nats really have something to play for against the Cards.

11. Likes:

goreds2 (09-21-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by davereds24 View Post
    Rangers were up 5 with 9 to go last year and blew it, you don't have to look back very far.

It would be great if the Reds and Nats win both games this weekend so the Nats really have something to play for against the Cards.
    Yes, that was also an epic collapse but it was made more plausible by all the head to head games between them and their challenger Oakland

2 Things

First, 5 back with 9 is a big difference than 5 back with 8 to go.

Second, The Rangers and A's had a head-to-head final series...that increased the odds of the Rangers blowing it.

Apples and Oranges. The Nats are dead. At least as far as the Reds are concerned...now the Bucs may have been crippled. But they still have 99% chance of making the WC game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Yes, that was also an epic collapse but it was made more plausible by all the head to head games between them and their challenger Oakland
    The Nats only need the Reds or the Pirates to fall apart though. With 5 head to head games left that is a guaranteed 3 losses by one of them, so it goes both ways. Trying to catch 1 of 2 teams is much more likely than just chasing 1 team.

The Nats only need the Reds or the Pirates to fall apart though. With 5 head to head games left that is a guaranteed 3 losses by one of them, so it goes both ways. Trying to catch 1 of 2 teams is much more likely than just chasing 1 team.
    The Gnats best hope is for either the Pirates or Red to take at least four, preferably five, of the remaining head-to-head games. If we go 3-2, 2-3, it will be next to impossible for them to catch either team.

I'm still sick to my stomach from last night, but as I said in the "Congrats" thread, it's not the end of the world. The Pirates have shown me a lot of resiliency this year. I see now reason why it can't continue. But, momentum, if there is such a thing in baseball, has definitely swung in the Reds favor after last night.

I want the Nats to feel they have a chance until they are done playing the Cards - I want them to feel they must beat the Cardinals. After that point, I don't care what they do. As long as the Reds keep winning it won't matter.

I want a Cardinals collapse more than anyone else. I wish the Nats had 4 against them instead of Florida.....who no longer have their best pitcher throwing for them this year due to innings limitations.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

I'll just copy this from the scoreboard thread.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Not sure, but ESPN is showing the Reds as having the home field right now in that game that will never take place as it will be the Cards & Pirates in the wild card.

And for those still worrying about the Nationals. ESPN's playoff odds for just making the playoffs....

Braves & Cards at 99.9 percent
    Reds & Pirates at 99.3 percent
    Nats at 1.4 percent

Just sayin'

Anyone still worried about the Nats?

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Today was the day that wrecked them
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Turn Off Ads?