Frazier
    Cozart
    Mesoraco

Hanigan
    Heisey
    Ludwick
    X Paul
    Hannahan

Robinson or Izturis for the (last spot) I'd use Robinson for late inning defense, pinch running, speed in general and small ball.

For the wildcard game, we will likely only go with 6 RP in the bullpen, well 7 with Mike Leake.

If we win the wildcard game, Bailey will start Game 1 of the NLDS followed by Cueto in Game 2 and Arroyo in Game 3.

The remaining 5 games, I would start Billy Hamilton in CF, in the 2 hole. Phillips moves to the 4 hole (by necessity) and Ludwick to the bench. Hamilton changes the game in all facets, puts pressure on the defense and the pitcher, fires up the team, the crowd and ramps up the energy and atmosphere. He is the biggest game changer I have ever witnessed.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Playoff Roster

Solid plan, but there's no way Dusty doesn't play Ludwick in the first two games of the NLDS (if they make it). Hamilton will only be used in late inning situations, like now.

I don't think they have enough confidence in his ability to get on base at this point to start him, which is a shame.

Re: Playoff Roster

I'd sub Izturis for Hannahan. You have to have a guy on the bench who can play the MI positions. Hannahan can't play SS or 2B (neither can Frazier before anyone says so). Izturis can play those and also man 3B in an emergency. Neither of these guys has any business in an important game, so if have to have a guy on the roster in case of emergency, I want the one with the most utility.

I'd use Cingrani or Duke in the last spot. Like having lefty's to force the other team to burn their guys.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Turn Off Ads?