Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: 2013 Reds Home Attendance Tracker

Re: 2013 Reds Home Attendance Tracker

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    As good as this team has been for a few yrs now, it's a shame we're only average in attendance
    They are 6th in increase per game. I think that is pretty good. You have to keep slowly building that season ticket base. Keeps your weekday totals from hitting those real lows.

17 out of the 30 teams have seen a decrease this season so it could be a lot worse.

2. Turn Off Ads?

There are likely a significant number of Reds fans that have never even considered buying season tickets. It's a big commitment.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    As good as this team has been for a few yrs now, it's a shame we're only average in attendance
    Raised it to 31536 thru yesterday's game, now 15th, exactly in the middle.

Three series left - opening the Cubs tonight which usually are well attended, although this late in the season, I'm not sure of that. Then the Mets, again on a Monday to Wednesday. I'm guessing the Pirates series will end up being sold out.

I just looked back at some earlier seasons to see how clubs like the Cubs and Mets drew late in the season on weeknights and it was a bit of a mixed bag, although I can't say what promotions and such they had. I'm guessing we probably average around 22K to 23K on many of these games. How much of a drag that will be against the full houses likely to be there in the final weekend, I can't hazard a guess.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

I don't get all the criticism the fans have come under lately. Yeah the crowds for the Cards series weren't the greatest but the fans have been awesome pretty much all season. Do the attendance bashers realize the Reds are on pace to draw the most fans since 1978 and the 3rd most in franchise history?

Quote Originally Posted by RadfordVA View Post
    They are 6th in increase per game. I think that is pretty good. You have to keep slowly building that season ticket base. Keeps your weekday totals from hitting those real lows.

17 out of the 30 teams have seen a decrease this season so it could be a lot worse.
    The Reds have increased their per game attendance by almost 10,000 in the last 4 seasons from 21.5K to 31.5K.. That is outstanding. As long as they keep increasing its a good thing. Slow, steady attendance increases like the Reds are seeing are always good.

Watch what happens next year if they managed to win a playoff series. Attendance should boom.

Cincy pro sports teams seem to be stuck in Get to the playoffs/Lose in the playoffs mode. That kind of thing doesn't generally grab the casual mouthbreather's attention.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Quote Originally Posted by WestSideBomber View Post
    I don't get all the criticism the fans have come under lately. Yeah the crowds for the Cards series weren't the greatest but the fans have been awesome pretty much all season. Do the attendance bashers realize the Reds are on pace to draw the most fans since 1978 and the 3rd most in franchise history?
    I was puzzled by the attendance on Labor Day, but perhaps Riverfest was a drag on that. I do question why MLB would schedule both the Cubs and Cardinals for weekday opening series after school has begun when both of those clubs draw great crowds during the summer months.

As for Riverfest, I'd be curious to see how attendance has been on the Riverfest date throughout the years. That's a massive crowd, but many folks come for that and camp themselves and aren't about to give up prime spots to attend a game. Does anyone else think that's a possible drag on a holiday game that ought to otherwise be packed?
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Bookstore

I think attendance will boom here in the last 3 series. For one, the Reds have played very well the last 2 series against playoff teams. Two, the Reds are right there to take the division and playing very well this month (knock on wood).

Cubs series will be well attended as always. Businessman Special on Wednesday will probably draw a big crowd as most of them have this year.

Mets series probably will be the least attended. However, they have Bark in the Park on the Monday game and Businessman Special on the Wednesday game which will both probably draw an uptick in attendance. Not to mention this is the series both before and after we play the Pirates too.

Pirates series is the last series on the schedule and on a weekend. Every game should be sold out.
    2015 Attendance 2-1 (4/6, 4/7,4/24)
    2014 Attendance 1-3 (3/31, 4/12, 8/14)
    2013 Attendance: 6-0 (4/3, 4/16, 4/17, 8/3, 8/21, 9/7)

Do they count dog attendance for Bark in the Park?

I honestly think they should.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Quote Originally Posted by BungleBengals View Post
    I think attendance will boom here in the last 3 series. For one, the Reds have played very well the last 2 series against playoff teams. Two, the Reds are right there to take the division and playing very well this month (knock on wood).

Cubs series will be well attended as always. Businessman Special on Wednesday will probably draw a big crowd as most of them have this year.

Mets series probably will be the least attended. However, they have Bark in the Park on the Monday game and Businessman Special on the Wednesday game which will both probably draw an uptick in attendance. Not to mention this is the series both before and after we play the Pirates too.

Pirates series is the last series on the schedule and on a weekend. Every game should be sold out.

Not to be a downer, but don't get your hopes up too high. I seriously doubt any of the weekday games will exceed 23-24k, except maybe the businessman special. I think there will be a big drop off for this cubs series after a big weekend where most fans decided to cash in.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    As for Riverfest, I'd be curious to see how attendance has been on the Riverfest date throughout the years. That's a massive crowd, but many folks come for that and camp themselves and aren't about to give up prime spots to attend a game. Does anyone else think that's a possible drag on a holiday game that ought to otherwise be packed?
    Riverfest was on Sunday (when the Reds were still out of town) so the only way that it could drag down Labor Day attendance is if people are still too shlockered from partying and drinking that they can't physically attend the Reds game the next day, LOL
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post
    Riverfest was on Sunday (when the Reds were still out of town) so the only way that it could drag down Labor Day attendance is if people are still too shlockered from partying and drinking that they can't physically attend the Reds game the next day, LOL
    Ah, I forgot that. We were out of town, working at sorting things at my wife's mother's house in Missouri. it wasn't until half way thru Monday's game that I realized I could listen the Cardinals broadcast.

The Baseball Bookstore

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    I do question why MLB would schedule both the Cubs and Cardinals for weekday opening series after school has begun when both of those clubs draw great crowds during the summer months.
    One would think that those two teams would be bigger draws on the weekday than most any other team save the Yankees and Red Sox. That's the definition of throwing the Reds a bone. It's like, "Well, we know the Reds struggle drawing on weekdays in September so let's bring StL and the Cubs in so they will have great attendance."

The scheduling gods have been very favorable to the Reds in April, May and September on weekdays. You had the Opening Day series against the Angels with Hamilton and Pujols. You had the Phillies in for 3 later in April who are usually a good team. They played the Marlins after that on a Thursday but the next week the Cubs were here. May had ATL - usually a good draw and CLE on Memorial Day Weekend. Later in September the Mets are in town. They are bad but they have that New York cachet. All in all it could be a heck of a lot worse.
    Last edited by Chip R; 09-09-2013 at 03:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?