Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Reds Home Attendance Tracker

Stat geek...and proud
    Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Buy them on stubhub.
    I haven't bought tickets from anything but Stubhub lately. I usually pay around or lower than reds.com.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Stat geek...and proud
    I believe once you reach a point where you can't buy seats next to each other, it is a sell out.
    I think that's correct.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

"So Fla Red"

Re: 2013 Reds Home Attendance Tracker

40,740 tonight, about 2500 a game increase from last season (#5 in MLB). After a slow start with many early weeknight games in April, the big weekend crowds will get the average attendnace to ~30K after tomorrow night.

Overall 2013 MLB attendance is down by 3.5% across the board.

5. Likes:

Bob Borkowski (06-08-2013)

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

It's happening, folks, it's happening.

It's not just TV ratings where we're making a serious dent any longer. "If you build it, they will come."

We're coming. Management has proved they are committed to being a winner and Reds fans have responded in earnest. I love it.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    It's happening, folks, it's happening.

It's not just TV ratings where we're making a serious dent any longer. "If you build it, they will come."

We're coming. Management has proved they are committed to being a winner and Reds fans have responded in earnest. I love it.
    I miss the days of going to the game with 3 friends, buying $5 tickets and sitting in a half empty outfield......

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    40,740 tonight, about 2500 a game increase from last season (#5 in MLB). After a slow start with many early weeknight games in April, the big weekend crowds will get the average attendnace to ~30K after tomorrow night.

Overall 2013 MLB attendance is down by 3.5% across the board.
    The economy is improving, but it's still a big expense to go to the ballpark. You have to pick and choose events, not able to do it all anymore.

I miss the days of going to the game with 3 friends, buying $5 tickets and sitting in a half empty outfield......
    Sigh, I miss it too... But if that was the case Votto would already be gone along with others the team couldn't afford. Since I can really only go to weekend games I splurge on season tickets - very wise investment if you can afford it and are within reasonable driving distance.
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran View Post
    Sigh, I miss it too... But if that was the case Votto would already be gone along with others the team couldn't afford. Since I can really only go to weekend games I splurge on season tickets - very wise investment if you can afford it and are within reasonable driving distance.
    Season tickets are the best money I spend every year. I have a half season package and still go to extra games. You can't beat the discount and perks the Reds give you with a season ticket package. This is my third year and I can't imagine being without my plan.

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire123 View Post
    The economy is improving, but it's still a big expense to go to the ballpark. You have to pick and choose events, not able to do it all anymore.
    There are special deals ... but the biggest expense for some is the food and drink. The team allows food and non-alcoholic beverages (plastic w/seals unbroken) in small soft sided coolers into GABP. Right now there is free parking on the streets after 6pm. If you plan on going to only a few games a year paying for all the expenses including tickets is workable but it will limit you to only a few games. If you have kids and you enjoy a few brews you might as well take out a loan.
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    Season tickets are the best money I spend every year. I have a half season package and still go to extra games. You can't beat the discount and perks the Reds give you with a season ticket package. This is my third year and I can't imagine being without my plan.
    Still go to extra games as well (Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day plus any Business Day specials I can get off work for). Back to dynamic pricing... Since I knew pretty well in advance that I wanted to attend these games I was able secure regular price for the tickets.

"So Fla Red"

After a strong weekend, now at 29,784 for the seasonal average.

+2500/game from last year (5th in baseball, Nats, Orioles, Blue Jays and Dodgers). Eight teams are down 4000+ from last season.

Assuming the team stays in contention, the Reds have a very good chance to get to the 2.6M attendance mark this season and another strong offseason of building a season ticket base to finally put the 1976 mark in the rear view mirror.

+2500/game from last year (5th in baseball, Nats, Orioles, Blue Jays and Dodgers). Eight teams are down 4000+ from last season.

Assuming the team stays in contention, the Reds have a very good chance to get to the 2.6M attendance mark this season and another strong offseason of building a season ticket base to finally put the 1976 mark in the rear view mirror.
    The attendance this year has been a pleasant surprise. Winning is the magic elixir.

Reds broke the 1 million mark on Friday.

"@Reds: Tonight's crowd of 35,138 pushes season attendance to 1,018,015 in 34 dates. It is the fastest to 1 million in GABP history."

https://twitter.com/reds/status/345713912408334336

Also, with the 37,519 in attendance this afternoon, the Reds breached the 30,000 average again. Through 35 home dates the team is averaging 30,158.

Well done Reds fans!

16. Likes:

Bob Borkowski (06-15-2013),OnBaseMachine (06-16-2013),REDREAD (06-20-2013),Stingray (06-15-2013)

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

They'll need to pick it up a bit to pass that 2.6mil mark...I think the average attendance for 1976 was 32,466. Actually, the strike shortened 1994 season had the highest average attendance at 33,003, but since there were only 114 games that year we didn't break the record.

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

"So Fla Red"

Quote Originally Posted by WebScorpion View Post
    They'll need to pick it up a bit to pass that 2.6mil mark...I think the average attendance for 1976 was 32,466. Actually, the strike shortened 1994 season had the highest average attendance at 33,003, but since there were only 114 games that year we didn't break the record.
    Another great Sunday afternoon crowd today. The Reds are packing them in on the weekends averaging ~39K/game the last three weekend series. It's all about building up the weekdays at this point as 115-120K weekend series are becoming the norm.

The next 8 games are weekday games followed by 12 of the next 14 on the weekends. They'll need to average 25K on the weekday games, assuming the weekends are all near 40K. They would be at 1.8M with 23 home games left giving an outside shot at 2.6M+. There are four big weekday games vs. St Louis in early September where four big crowds on traditional low attendance school week days would be a huge boost.

Three weekend series this year vs. Milwaukee? Odd.

Turn Off Ads?