Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Reds Home Attendance Tracker

Re: 2013 Reds Home Attendance Tracker

28,892 last night. Pretty great for the Reds on a Monday night.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by top6 View Post
    28,892 last night. Pretty great for the Reds on a Monday night.
    My cousin went.

And in a completely different group, my brother, his wife, and 2 kids went too.

Saw them all posting on facebook about it.

Really, really good crowds for this series. PIT is not usually a good draw on weeknights but it looks like they will draw over 120k for the series. And they have been rewarded with some excellent games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

According to www.baseball-reference.com: http://www.baseball-reference.com/le...tendance.shtml

The Reds are averaging nearly 2,100 more per game than last season.
    After 39 games, they are up 81,605 so far on the year.

Rankings of teams that have improved attendance this season over last season:
    1. Washington +126,840
    2. Baltimore +105,923
    3. Toronto +104,138
    4. LA Dodgers +101,105
    5. Cincinnati +81,605
    6. Oakland +81,246

19 teams are down in attendance in comparison to last season.

I haven't been able to watch a game on television this week.

How is the Pitt fan turn up? Is there a lot of black/yellow in the stands? Just curious to see if their fans travel with them (especially when they're winning )

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran View Post
    There are special deals ... but the biggest expense for some is the food and drink. The team allows food and non-alcoholic beverages (plastic w/seals unbroken) in small soft sided coolers into GABP. Right now there is free parking on the streets after 6pm. If you plan on going to only a few games a year paying for all the expenses including tickets is workable but it will limit you to only a few games. If you have kids and you enjoy a few brews you might as well take out a loan.
    Yep, I have 4 kids. I think it's great the Reds let you bring in your own food.
    We each brought in a bottle of water and crackerjack. Had dinner at Pizza Tower and saw Phillilp's autographed menu.. Much cheaper than eating at the park.
    The Reds are very generous to let you bring your own food.
    It makes going to a game much more affordable.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

From the Reds twitter account:

Standing Room Only tickets have been released for today’s game. Single seats as well as plenty of SRO’s are available. #whiff

https://twitter.com/Reds

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    Yep, I have 4 kids. I think it's great the Reds let you bring in your own food.
    We each brought in a bottle of water and crackerjack. Had dinner at Pizza Tower and saw Phillilp's autographed menu.. Much cheaper than eating at the park.
    The Reds are very generous to let you bring your own food.
    It makes going to a game much more affordable.
    It is amazing. If visiting fans are coming from out of town, I always make sure to tell them they can do this.

Very awesome policy and I hope it doesnt change any time soon. Imagine if they had a BYOB policy. Especially for division games or post season games. Things would be getting very out of hand hahaha.

Really, really cool to see the big crowds this week.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

I was at last nights game and left in the 8th inning because I had 3 kids with me who all were getting antsy....I usually take the kids (all under 6 years old) to 3-4 games a year and last night was #2......I wish we would have stayed but that is in the past....I cant argue with easy traffic and sleeping kids by the time I hit I-71 north.

I was surprised at how packed the upper deck was last night....we had friends up there and they wanted to see the old club 4192 where our seats are so we went up there and let them use our tickets for a few innings so they could come down and sit there....the upper deck was packed and it was really exciting how into the game everyone was.....I was more into the game while I was up there than I am in my season seats....the crowd was really loud and into it....I have sat in the first row behind the dugout several times and I have to say that last nights atmosphere in the upper deck was better than what i experience at the dugout box seats. great job fans.....we are starting to do our part but I must say we have a long way to go to get BCast to open the payroll up some more....which is what we need.

Sellout of 40,929 today. Reds fans really dig the day games. Now averaging 30,750 through 40 home dates and are on pace to draw 2,490,756 this season. Big midweek crowds like this week has seen are what will help break that '76 attendance record. Awesome stuff.

I suspect the next homestand will see similarly large crowds, what with the defending champs here during the 4th of July and then the weekend series against the M's.
    Last edited by WestSideBomber; 06-20-2013 at 03:42 PM.

6 months of heartbreak Bob Borkowski's Avatar

Thursday's (6-20) sellout of 40,929 brings the Reds average attendance for the year to 30,750. Cincy jumps over Minnesota and Atlanta into 14th position on the average attendance list and they are breathing down the neck of Milwaukee for 13th place.

I love it!
    Last edited by Bob Borkowski; 06-21-2013 at 10:07 AM.

14. Likes:

Redlegs (06-23-2013)

If the team averages 34,140 for the last 41 games they will break the 1976 record. Obviously a long shot, but it's not totally impossible.

This is a baseball town again.

17. Likes:

Redlegs (06-23-2013)

We are up to 14th out of 30. Not bad considering we are only the 28th largest metro market in the US. The only one above us who has a smaller metro market is Milwaukee (39th).

http://espn.go.com/mlb/attendance
    Last edited by DocRed; 06-22-2013 at 10:43 AM.

19. Likes:

Redlegs (06-23-2013)

Turn Off Ads?