Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Cingrani...

Re: Cingrani...

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    It is already happening. I have heard callers to Doc Rogers, Lance McAllister and Mo Egger already wanting Cingrani up here.
    How long do before you feel he will be ready? based upon his progression?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bellhead View Post
    How long do before you feel he will be ready? based upon his progression?
    Let's see his second start and go from there.

When is his 2nd start? Wednesday?

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drugs Delaney View Post
    When is his 2nd start? Wednesday?
    It should be tomorrow.

I'm excited about Cingrani, but isnt it way premature to be calling for him to replace Leake? Wouldnt it be better to let the guy develop in AAA in 2013 and let him compete for a job in Cincy in 2014?

Also, I think Chris Buckley is good at his job.

7. Likes:

redsfandan (04-09-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
    I'm excited about Cingrani, but isnt it way premature to be calling for him to replace Leake? Wouldnt it be better to let the guy develop in AAA in 2013 and let him compete for a job in Cincy in 2014?

Also, I think Chris Buckley is good at his job.
    Definitely premature in April. By June or July, that might not be the case depending on how the 2 guys are performing.

Six more shutout innings today.

12.3 innings, 3 hits, 21 K's on the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve4192 View Post
    Six more shutout innings today.

12.3 innings, 3 hits, 21 K's on the season.
    Wow. Those are some ridiculous stats. With every start like this, Leake's leash keeps getting a little shorter, I suppose.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Doug, would you trade Cingrani for Shelby Miller? I sure as hell would not. Course, I was trumpeting Cingrani before anyone else on this board as you can attest to.

I would certainly trade Tony Cingrani for Shelby Miller. Miller is one of the top 5 or 6 pitching prospects in baseball. Miller is more than a year younger and has better stuff. Cingrani has the advantage of being a lefty and is slightly bigger. Cingrani is a very good prospect and is off to a great start to the 2013 season, but he is nowhere close to Miller, Cole, Bundy, Fernandez, Walker, Wheeler etc in terms of projection in my opinion.

The prospect ranking gurus have all seen him throw and have seen his excellent 2012 statistics yet they still ranked him way down the list of pitching prospects. The best I have seen him ranked anywhere is the #64 overall prospect by Scout Magazine. Most of the ranks have him 90+. A couple of great outings so far in 2013 won't jump him to the top of the rankings just yet, but they should garner him a lot more attention from everyone.

On my personal list I have Shelby Miller ranked #10 and Cingrani ranked #81 overall, with Stephenson at #50, Corcino at #99 and Hamilton at #21. I also have Travieso at #178 and Winker at #196.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    Doug, would you trade Cingrani for Shelby Miller? I sure as hell would not. Course, I was trumpeting Cingrani before anyone else on this board as you can attest to.
    Cingrani is not nearly the prospect Miller is.

Shelby Miller vs. Cingrani

I put my money on Cingrani.....every time. Cingrani has proven his skeptics wrong at every minor league stop (level). I've enjoyed reading things like "wait until advanced hitting at the next level catches up to hiim". Cingrani is always going to fly under the radar and that's why he's ranked low by the so-called experts.
    Last edited by holster10; 04-10-2013 at 08:36 AM.

Cingrani and Miller are a lot closer than the prospect lists would have people think.

I tend to wait until they make it to the big leagues before I compare anyone.

the word prospect to me just means not ready yet. And we dont even no when or if these guys will be ready to actually make the jump and an impact at the next level.

Whenever I hear someone say this guy is a great prospect I tend to think of Brandon Larson

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Cingrani is not nearly the prospect Miller is.
    True ... but rankings change.

When Cingrani was ranked, he was thought to be a guy who worked at 89-91 and 'touched' 92-93. This season we have seen him 'touch' 97 on more than a few occasions. Even if Louisville's radar gun is running a 2-3 mph hot, that is still more velocity than we have seen from him in the past. If his fastball really has jumped up a tick, that would definitely have an impact on scouts opinions about his future. His first two starts at AAA would also open some eyes.

Turn Off Ads?