Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: i know it's three games but

i know it's three games but

should we sign choo 2-3 year deal and not rush hamilton? i like the thought of hamilton but the thought of choo leading off the next few seasons would be equally exciting. thoughts?
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: i know it's three games but

The Reds have Arroyo's contract coming off the books, and a big TV deal coming. I hope they can sign him to about a 4-5 year extension. I love watching the guy play. What a huge pickup by Jocketty.

4. Likes:

Edd Roush (04-05-2013),remdog (04-06-2013)

also ludwick is only signed through next season. we could have a choo-hamilton-bruce outfield in 2015!

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

Is ludwick for sure going to make a full recovery? From some of the reports I got the impression that he may never again be what he was, which if that's the case signing choo would be an awesome idea

I agree with signing choo long term. It has nothing to do with the first three games.

Boros just got fired by Robinson Cano. He got beat up with the Lohse situation.

I have a feeling the he's going to drive a hard bargain with a Choo, in an attempt to prove he's still relevant.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

I would also agree with signing Choo, but for LF not CF.

If the Reds can package Ludwick (once he returns) with Leake- perhaps to a team like SD to fill other organizational needs, I'd be completely for it. Especially if Cingrani continues to pitch the way he did tonight.

Ludwick and Leake for Max Fried and Austin Hedges? Sign me up!

That said, I also wouldn't be devastated to let Choo walk (and take the extra first round pick) if he wants too much. Reds do need a cleanup hitter, and Choo is slightly less interesting once he gets bumped by Hamilton out of the leadoff spot.
    Last edited by Benihana; 04-04-2013 at 09:59 PM.
    Go BLUE!!!

Dear America, welcome to Baseball it's six months of games and the winners in this business don't make decisions based on three games that cost 8 figures

11. Likes:

cincy09 (04-05-2013),redsfanmia (04-06-2013),thatcoolguy_22 (04-05-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Dear America, welcome to Baseball it's six months of games and the winners in this business don't make decisions based on three games that cost 8 figures

thats why i said " i know its three games" i agree, however choo has a great track record. i know it probably won't happen but worth talking about anyways.
    Last edited by toledodan; 04-04-2013 at 10:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by toledodan View Post
    thats why i said " i now its three games" i agree, however choo has a great track record. i know it probably won't happen but worth talking about anyways.
    Love Choo, but I want the Reds to see the value in the Choo type player and find him at a rate that is not going to hurt them moving forward

The dude he replaced is hitting .143 with 5 K's in 14 at bats, and hasn't scored a run.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Even if Hamilton were ready there's nothing wrong with keeping Choo. He's an amazing player and has always kind of flown under the radar. Not this year though. I would welcome a re-signing without a second thought even if we had to shift him over in the outfield.
    I see great things in baseball. It's our game.

16. Likes:

Kc61 (04-05-2013),remdog (04-06-2013),WVRedsFan (04-07-2013)

always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by toledodan View Post
    should we sign choo 2-3 year deal and not rush hamilton? i like the thought of hamilton but the thought of choo leading off the next few seasons would be equally exciting. thoughts?
    Signing Choo to an extension would be awesome. He is just what we need.
    Award Winning Baseball Player

do the reds have the money to keep him? he's gonna cost a decent amount

Keep in mind that if Choo leaves after a qualifying offer is made, they will get an extra comp pick. It is hard to say no to a freebie like that.

Turn Off Ads?