Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: i know it's three games but

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

i know it's three games but

should we sign choo 2-3 year deal and not rush hamilton? i like the thought of hamilton but the thought of choo leading off the next few seasons would be equally exciting. thoughts?
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

Re: i know it's three games but

The Reds have Arroyo's contract coming off the books, and a big TV deal coming. I hope they can sign him to about a 4-5 year extension. I love watching the guy play. What a huge pickup by Jocketty.

3. Likes:

Edd Roush (04-05-2013),remdog (04-06-2013)

also ludwick is only signed through next season. we could have a choo-hamilton-bruce outfield in 2015!

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

Is ludwick for sure going to make a full recovery? From some of the reports I got the impression that he may never again be what he was, which if that's the case signing choo would be an awesome idea

I agree with signing choo long term. It has nothing to do with the first three games.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I agree with signing choo long term. It has nothing to do with the first three games.
    Choo is perfect for the Reds. I've said it for a long time now. I also think it's going to be incredibly difficult to have someone so good on the team for just one year and then let him go. That might be the "right" thing to do, but it's going to be hard for management to have the courage of their convictions given that one year is almost certainly the plan, and the fans are almost certainly going to pressure mgmt to sign him.

Choo's attitude and work ethic seem to fit right into the Red's clubhouse as well. I'd love to see the FO work out a 3-4 year deal with Choo. Maybe Choo will fire Boras and hire Jay Z!

Quote Originally Posted by jhu1321 View Post
    Choo's attitude and work ethic seem to fit right into the Red's clubhouse as well. I'd love to see the FO work out a 3-4 year deal with Choo. Maybe Choo will fire Boras and hire Jay Z!
    5 years 80 million...

Get it done...

Boros just got fired by Robinson Cano. He got beat up with the Lohse situation.

I have a feeling the he's going to drive a hard bargain with a Choo, in an attempt to prove he's still relevant.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

I would also agree with signing Choo, but for LF not CF.

If the Reds can package Ludwick (once he returns) with Leake- perhaps to a team like SD to fill other organizational needs, I'd be completely for it. Especially if Cingrani continues to pitch the way he did tonight.

Ludwick and Leake for Max Fried and Austin Hedges? Sign me up!

That said, I also wouldn't be devastated to let Choo walk (and take the extra first round pick) if he wants too much. Reds do need a cleanup hitter, and Choo is slightly less interesting once he gets bumped by Hamilton out of the leadoff spot.
    Last edited by Benihana; 04-04-2013 at 09:59 PM.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    I would also agree with signing Choo, but for LF not CF.

If the Reds can package Ludwick (once he returns) with Leake- perhaps to a team like SD to fill other organizational needs, I'd be completely for it. Especially if Cingrani continues to pitch the way he did tonight.

Ludwick and Leake for Max Fried and Austin Hedges? Sign me up!

That said, I also wouldn't be devastated to let Choo walk (and take the extra first round pick) if he wants too much. Reds do need a cleanup hitter, and Choo is slightly less interesting once he gets bumped by Hamilton out of the leadoff spot.
    He already played in SD and has said many times that playing in SD is what destroyed his confidence as a player and why there was a dip in his numbers. I do not think SD or Ludwick would want any part of that trade.

Quote Originally Posted by m21eagle45 View Post
    He already played in SD and has said many times that playing in SD is what destroyed his confidence as a player and why there was a dip in his numbers. I do not think SD or Ludwick would want any part of that trade.
    Fair enough, although I do think SD would be very interested in local product Mike Leake.

Leake for Fried is another deal I consider, especially with the emergence of Tony Cingrani. You still have Corcino as your backup/6th starter and heir to Arroyo's spot in 2014. Then use the savings on Leake's arb-eligible 2013-2015 salaries and use it to lock up Choo for 3 more years. Or Latos. Or Bailey.

Fried has drawn comparisons to Sandy Koufax. Both Jewish, immensely talented left-handed pitchers. Would love to have him in our system to pair with Stephenson and Travieso to make up the core pitching staff of the second half of Joey Votto's contract.
    Last edited by Benihana; 04-05-2013 at 03:02 PM.
    Go BLUE!!!

Dear America, welcome to Baseball it's six months of games and the winners in this business don't make decisions based on three games that cost 8 figures

15. Likes:

cincy09 (04-05-2013),redsfanmia (04-06-2013),thatcoolguy_22 (04-05-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Dear America, welcome to Baseball it's six months of games and the winners in this business don't make decisions based on three games that cost 8 figures

thats why i said " i know its three games" i agree, however choo has a great track record. i know it probably won't happen but worth talking about anyways.
    Last edited by toledodan; 04-04-2013 at 10:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by toledodan View Post
    thats why i said " i now its three games" i agree, however choo has a great track record. i know it probably won't happen but worth talking about anyways.
    Love Choo, but I want the Reds to see the value in the Choo type player and find him at a rate that is not going to hurt them moving forward

Turn Off Ads?