Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AMAZING STORY follow up...

AMAZING STORY follow up...

OK, I must share this and feel its worthy of a new thread so everybody who saw the original gets to see this...as most of you know from reading my "amazing story" thread, I took my 7 year old daughter up to Cincy from Atlanta for opening day. We didnt have tickets, were going to get some scalped nosebleeds, and a kind gentleman just gave us a pair of dugout seats....well we exchanged business cards, and I sent him an email to say thanks, along with an attached picture that my daughter and I took with him....I'm leaving out names for privacy reasons, but you guys just have to read my email to him and much more importantly his response....this may bring a few tears folks:

MY EMAIL:
    I can’t thank you enough for the tickets to opening day. You just MADE the trip for my daughter Maddie and me. We just needed one clutch hit and the whole thing would have been perfect. Let me know if you ever make it down this way, and the tickets will be on me.

Thanks again!!!!

HIS AMAZING RESPONSE:
    I will keep this picture on my WALL with 42 other OPENING DAY...represented .
    We lost my daughter [NAME OMMITTED] after giving birth to my granddaughter [NAME OMITTED] on [DATE].
    [NAME] & I had 20 some opening days together.
    May you and Miss Maddie .....have many more .
    It was my pleasure & you surely made it worthwhile . Thanks for being where you were !!

2. Likes:

AtomicDumpling (04-06-2013),bigredmechanism (04-05-2013),BlackPete Ibold (04-05-2013),Boss-Hog (04-06-2013),bounty37h (04-05-2013),cincy09 (04-05-2013),danken12 (04-05-2013),jimbo (04-06-2013),kbrake (04-06-2013),Number_Fourteen (04-06-2013),OnBaseMachine (04-06-2013),Red Raindog (04-06-2013),Redsfansince72 (04-06-2013),remdog (04-06-2013),RiverRat13 (04-05-2013),SirFelixCat (04-07-2013),smixsell (04-07-2013),TeamSelig (04-06-2013),TRF (04-08-2013),WVPacman (04-06-2013),WVRedsFan (04-06-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: AMAZING STORY follow up...

Wow! This story just keeps getting better. It's really amazing.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Man. Dont even know what to say. Yes, a few tears can easily come up reading that.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

You really need to send that story to the Enquirer, and to the local Cincinnati news stations. That's amazing!
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

7. Likes:

TeamSelig (04-06-2013)

always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    You really need to send that story to the Enquirer, and to the local Cincinnati news stations. That's amazing!
    Seriously. This story is more incredible with every update.
    Award Winning Baseball Player

The latest twist makes it a touching story, one probably with names, etc. best left private as you chose to do.

Since you were on FOX, send this thread to them. I'm sure they would love to do a followup on the video they shot of you two.

Rem
    Last edited by remdog; 04-06-2013 at 05:52 AM.
    "For Reds fans, by Reds fans" Learn it, love it, live it.

This will be the best thread of the year,no contest.

To me it is the best I've read since joining this forum.
    May the Lord bless

It's pretty nice the old guy gave you free tickets, but is it worth posting 3 threads about it? I've gotten free tickets plenty of times and my kids enjoyed it too...

???

Quote Originally Posted by jhiller21 View Post
    It's pretty nice the old guy gave you free tickets, but is it worth posting 3 threads about it? I've gotten free tickets plenty of times and my kids enjoyed it too...

???
    You were laughing at the end of Marley and Me weren't you?

14. Likes:

bigredmechanism (04-06-2013),redhawkfish (04-06-2013)

High five!

It's pretty nice the old guy gave you free tickets, but is it worth posting 3 threads about it?
    Yes.

16. Likes:

Red Raindog (04-06-2013)

???
    Wow. What a guy.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

???
    Have some class buddy...it was a nice story!!!

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

There's always ONE!

Great story. Glad that two people could get so much out of it!
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

???
    Yeh I would much rather have our 578th thread about how the marlins are going to give us Stanton, if you don't want to read it then click on something else. Great story thanks for sharing

21. Likes:

alwaysawarrior (04-08-2013)

Turn Off Ads?