Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AMAZING STORY follow up...

Re: AMAZING STORY follow up...

Quote Originally Posted by wlf WV View Post
    This will be the best thread of the year,no contest.

To me it is the best I've read since joining this forum.
    What he said ^

Was thinking about you last night and today at GABP. We sat first base line last night and behind home plate today. Lots and lots of good people around us both days. Lots of great conversations. My +1 was wearing a Nats shirt while I was all in Reds garb but that didn't matter. Nothing so heartwarming or memorable as the OP but think it's representative of the midwest/CIN ethic and spirit. Thanks for sharing it.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

2. Turn Off Ads?

Threads are free. Nice stories don't come along often. I don't mind an excess of enthusiasm.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

4. Likes:

Boss-Hog (04-06-2013),dougdirt (04-06-2013),RiverRat13 (04-06-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by jhiller21 View Post
    It's pretty nice the old guy gave you free tickets, but is it worth posting 3 threads about it? I've gotten free tickets plenty of times and my kids enjoyed it too...

???
    Seriously?
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Seriously?
    I'm happy for the guy and his kid, geez... I've given away a few tickets myself on Craigslist. One time a dude came to my house to pick up free tickets and said it was his little boy's first game, and he couldn't afford to buy tickets. The little boy was so excited he was about to explode.

It's nice to do nice things for people, story at 11.

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

These are the kind of stories I'd like to see on my local news. Unfortunately, they think most of us would rather hear about the gunshots fired, children molested, big traffic accident, and politicians latest misstep. If it's shockingly bad, it shows up on the news...heartwarmingly good doesn't 'sell'. Personally, I'd much rather hear all the good news. Thanks for the great story!

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

Wow. Thanks for sharing such an wonderful story.

Worth The Wait

I missed the original thread so I am glad you decided to post the update. It's a great story and worthy of as many threads as it warrants. Thank you for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by jhiller21 View Post
    It's pretty nice the old guy gave you free tickets, but is it worth posting 3 threads about it? I've gotten free tickets plenty of times and my kids enjoyed it too...

???
    A. Free OPENING DAY dugout seats is a little different...
    B. I actually had 3 different topics: 1. getting the tickets; 2. me and my daughter on FoxTV; 3. the touching email from the guy
    C. Had I just posted all that stuff in one continuous thread, many who took an early look wouldnt have ever know to go back and look again, and most responses seem to indicate people enjoyed the stories and are glad I handled it as I did.
    D. I explained why I was starting a new thread, and its pretty clear that all 3 were related...you didnt have to click on the follow ups. I apologize if my extra thread bumped down a 3 week old discussion of whether Mes should be the number 2 catcher.
    E. All that said, sorry if you think I went overboard.

11. Likes:

Larry Schuler (04-08-2013),mth123 (04-08-2013),puca (04-08-2013)

Thanks for posting. I appreciated each and every update. It is a great story.

13. Likes:

mth123 (04-08-2013)

Turn Off Ads?