Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: The Trade Idea That Just Won't Die

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Re: The Trade Idea That Just Won't Die

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    There is a mass quantity of guys in that proposal. But aside from the RH starter choice, everyone listed would be viewed as a throw-in guy with most trades. It would take some more quality to get the trade done...otherwise that offer could be topped.
    My question to Redszone is........

1. IF the Reds could sign Choo long term........
    2. Would you include Billy Hamilton to get Stanton?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Stanton should be using a cleaver instead of a glove... cause he's a butcher out there
    That's okay. The Reds can just move Joey to the OF and put Giancarlo at first base. Oh wait...
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    My question to Redszone is........

1. IF the Reds could sign Choo long term........
    2. Would you include Billy Hamilton to get Stanton?
    without blinking...

5. Likes:

Always Red (05-06-2013),Benihana (05-06-2013)

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    without blinking...
    Yes, but I fear the Reds cannot afford Stanton, newly signed Choo, Bruce, Phillips and Votto. Plus, they have to pay for pitching too...

Quote Originally Posted by Always Red View Post
    Yes, but I fear the Reds cannot afford Stanton, newly signed Choo, Bruce, Phillips and Votto. Plus, they have to pay for pitching too...
    For the next three years his price tag should be a huge bargain...jettison a Heisey and Hannahan and use the savings to defray the cost...use Felix Perez and Negron...minimum salary...weaker bench but oh what a starting lineup.

I'd be all in on Stanton, don't get me wrong, but does Stanton's injuries worry anyone? He only played in 123 games last season, and just went on the dl with a hammy approx. a week ago. Keep in mind Stanton still hit 37hr's in those 123 games. LOL While he does strike out a little much, the guy's an offensive freak.

And yes I'd add Hamilton in a heartbeat if they could sign Choo long term.
    Last edited by SidneySlicker; 05-06-2013 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    There is a mass quantity of guys in that proposal. But aside from the RH starter choice, everyone listed would be viewed as a throw-in guy with most trades. It would take some more quality to get the trade done...otherwise that offer could be topped.
    well it is the marlins we are talking about. Who did they get for Reyes, Burhle, Johnson and bonifacio? That isnt a rhetorical question because I dont know who they got.

And who did they get for Hanley?

Seems to me they dont have a single blue jay or dodger worth mentioning on their roster. Take advantage of this loser good for nothing owner they have before hes gone

Somebody's been reading Redszone and the rumor/wish that just won't quit:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/miami-m...014400171.html

Which one of you guys is Robb Hoff?
    Has to be Beni.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Since the Reds have determined Chapman is a closer - I say trade him( and others if needed) to Miami to Stanton. Hoover and Broxton (plus Marshall) are enough for my tastes there. Plus it will free up some $$$ (13:$2M, 14:$3M, 15:$5M player option). Arroyo comes of the books as well this year.

Chapman's 2015 salary of $5m will not be picked up, but he will still be under team control in arbitration through 2016, I believe.

Also, the Marlins have a relatively effective closer in Chisek.
    Thus his team was punished
    Long live punishment
    Cut back on booze and pizza?
    Good god man get a hold of yourself

Quote Originally Posted by sdwagers View Post
    Since the Reds have determined Chapman is a closer - I say trade him( and others if needed) to Miami to Stanton. Hoover and Broxton (plus Marshall) are enough for my tastes there. Plus it will free up some $$$ (13:$2M, 14:$3M, 15:$5M player option). Arroyo comes of the books as well this year.
    I'd do Chapman straight up for Stanton.

Doesn't matter if the Fish have a closer. They have the rebuilding time to make him a starter.

And I've said time and time again, Chapman being Cuban probably makes him popular in Miami.

Then I let Broxton and Hoover share the Closer role, hoping Hoover takes it.

Yes -- if Choo can be signed beyond 2013, I'd do Chapman plus Hamilton for Stanton and a good prospect. Like I've said, Stanton in GABP would like Wilt on an 8-foot hoop.

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    Yes -- if Choo can be signed beyond 2013, I'd do Chapman plus Hamilton for Stanton and a good prospect. Like I've said, Stanton in GABP would like Wilt on an 8-foot hoop.
    That comparison deserves consideration for my signature.

And I agree about Choo.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    Has to be Beni.

Someone just emailed me a link to that article, and I had to think hard if I actually did write it - it was like deja vu.

Yes I'd do that trade in a heartbeat. And yes I'd add Hamilton and pull back Stephenson if the Reds could sign Choo long-term (although I don't want Choo more than 3 or 4 years). I'm sure you're all shocked by my responses.

Ship Ludwick and his contract to the Yankees, who would like a RH bat, and we'd be in business.

For the last two years I've pined for Justin Upton. Imagine what we'd be like right now if we had pulled the trigger.
    Go BLUE!!!

Turn Off Ads?