Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: The Trade Idea That Just Won't Die

Re: The Trade Idea That Just Won't Die

It would make me sad if Chapman got traded. Cingrani is expendable and maybe even Hamilton but not Aroldis. No way jose!

2. Likes:

RedlegJake (05-06-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    My mom's glove keeps her in the game.

Weak bat though.
    What's her value above replacement?
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Buckeye View Post
    It would make me sad if Chapman got traded. Cingrani is expendable and maybe even Hamilton but not Aroldis. No way jose!
    What makes Cingrani or Hamilton expendable? Top level prospects that are almost MLB ready and have destroyed every level they've been at so far (especially Cingrani). I wouldn't move them for anything short of a heavy overpayment.
    I see great things in baseball. It's our game.

Quote Originally Posted by CySeymour View Post
    The fluctuation on days that she bakes is epic

Quote Originally Posted by CySeymour View Post

VORM-
    Value Over Replacement Mom

Quote Originally Posted by Jamz View Post
    What makes Cingrani or Hamilton expendable? Top level prospects that are almost MLB ready and have destroyed every level they've been at so far (especially Cingrani). I wouldn't move them for anything short of a heavy overpayment.
    Personally, I wouldn't make any trade for Stanton. I think the Reds, in both MLB and the minors are in good shape.

But IF I had to choose I would rather trade two guys yet to make it to the majors instead of the best closer (and most sensational) in baseball.

But I think trading any of those three for Stanton is unnecessary.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    VORM-
    Value Over Replacement Mom
    When it comes to moms, I find the VORM stat insignicant in comparison to the MILF stat.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Buckeye View Post
    Personally, I wouldn't make any trade for Stanton. I think the Reds, in both MLB and the minors are in good shape.

But IF I had to choose I would rather trade two guys yet to make it to the majors instead of the best closer (and most sensational) in baseball.

But I think trading any of those three for Stanton is unnecessary.
    Digressing a little here........but the Reds seem to have most positions locked up contract-wise for years to come. Guys are going to age and probably decline. The farm system is going to replenish and you'll have guys pushing to move up. At what point do the Reds start trading away certain guys to make room for the young ones?

Or is our farm system now going to simply become one of trading chips?

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Digressing a little here........but the Reds seem to have most positions locked up contract-wise for years to come. Guys are going to age and probably decline. The farm system is going to replenish and you'll have guys pushing to move up. At what point do the Reds start trading away certain guys to make room for the young ones?

Or is our farm system now going to simply become one of trading chips?
    I think the Reds should start thinking about replenishing the lower farm system. After the graduation of Hamilton and Cingrani (which should happen sometime this year) the Reds don't have much in the way of top-shelf talent. Robert Stephenson and to a much lesser extent, Dan Corcino - but that's it. A guy like Winker or Y-Rod could join those ranks with a strong performance this year but that remains to be seen.

Fortunately it's not a huge issue with most positions locked up for years to come. But they should keep one eye towards developing talent for 2016 when most of the pitchers' contracts are up and last year's rookies Frazier, Cozart and Mez could start getting expensive (if they're good - otherwise they'll need to be replaced before then anyway). Brandon Phillips will be very expensive and starting to break down by then as well, so it wouldn't be a bad thing to have 1-2 middle infielders in the pipeline- something I'm hoping we obtain in this year's draft (ahem, JP Crawford).
    Last edited by Benihana; 04-12-2013 at 05:04 PM.
    Go BLUE!!!

Bailey, Frazier, Arredondo to the BoSox for Middlebrooks and Ellsbury.

Bailey a FA after 2014.
    Arredondo is not in Reds plans.
    Frazier goes home to East Coast. Under contract awhile.

Middlebrooks easily Frazier's comp if not better and under control.
    Ellsbury a FA after the season. He plays CF and Choo moves to LF.
    Reds call up Cingrani.

BoSox get the better end of the deal IMO. But Reds solidify CF until Hamilton arrives. Equal exchange at 3B or Reds possibly got the better.
    BoSox get a top of the line starter for 2 seasons in Bailey. An equal at 3B in Frazier. And bolster their bullpen.

Reds weaken their starting rotation but bolster their offense.

Meh. I haven't even sold myself on this idea. Why am I posting it? LMAO. I think I convinced myself NOT TO DO IT.

I would love to see a move for Ellsbury. Unfortunately I feel like any trade for Ellsbury would require Hamilton going the other way and I'm not up for that. However, anyone outside of Hamilton and Cingrani are moveable in my eyes. Maybe they'd be willing to do something around Leake for Ellsbury. I am not really interested in moving Frazier.
    I see great things in baseball. It's our game.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

When it comes to moms, I find the VORM stat insignicant in comparison to the MILF stat.
    This is the best stat when it comes to moms in my opinion!

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    This is the best stat when it comes to moms in my opinion!
    Any of you so and so's come near my mom, and I'll kill you.

Bailey, Frazier, Arredondo to the BoSox for Middlebrooks and Ellsbury.

Bailey a FA after 2014.
    Arredondo is not in Reds plans.
    Frazier goes home to East Coast. Under contract awhile.

Middlebrooks easily Frazier's comp if not better and under control.
    Ellsbury a FA after the season. He plays CF and Choo moves to LF.
    Reds call up Cingrani.

BoSox get the better end of the deal IMO. But Reds solidify CF until Hamilton arrives. Equal exchange at 3B or Reds possibly got the better.
    BoSox get a top of the line starter for 2 seasons in Bailey. An equal at 3B in Frazier. And bolster their bullpen.

Reds weaken their starting rotation but bolster their offense.

Meh. I haven't even sold myself on this idea. Why am I posting it? LMAO. I think I convinced myself NOT TO DO IT.
    No reason to include Bailey/Frazier/Middlebrooks in this deal.

I'd wait a month. If the Sox can't re-sign Ellsbury, and they begin to fall out of contention (both likely, although maybe not within a month), then I'd go after him. I'd be surprised if Corcino couldn't fetch him straight up. Maybe one other prospect throw-in.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jamz View Post
    If I'm the Reds I don't trade Cingrani and Hamilton for anyone.
    Have to agree here. Cingrani and Hamilton you have for six years and cost control. And I think the Reds' brass had that in mind when they signed Votto, Phillips and Bruce to longterm deals. To trade Hamilton means you have to sign Choo or someone else to play center. To keep Choo and with Stanton entering his arbitration years, the Reds payroll won't be able to support all those contracts and suddenly this team will be stripping down in two or three years.

Nice trade idea though.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

Turn Off Ads?