Turn Off Ads?
Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132 LastLast

Thread: 4/5/2013 Reds vs Nats

Re: 4/5/2013 Reds vs Nats

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Manny Parra doesn't look like a relief pitcher at the plate...
    Unfortunately, he doesn't look like one on the mound either.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by R_Webb18 View Post
    watching mlb network and they claim the reds won 14-2
    I caught that. Plus, the turf in Toronto looks terrible.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

That was fun. Like to see more games like that. But I know these type games are few and far between. Living in the DC area I had to watch the Nats broadcast. I think they were a little shell shocked by the end of the game.
    Good to see Bruce get those two late inning doubles. If he breaks out of it then this offense can really be something special.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Hygiene Beyond Reproach ThatPitchIsDunn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by R_Webb18 View Post
    watching mlb network and they claim the reds won 14-2
    Stop interrupting talk about the Yankees losing!
    No one expects the butterfly

Blasts from the past. MLB Network has split screen of two games. The batters are Edwin Encarnacion and Jeff Keppinger.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Of course....THIS is the game I miss! Grrrr. We left to go out for dinner right after the Choo dinger. Would've LOVED to have seen that 7 run inning. Great seeing Homer looking great. Keep it rollin' boys!

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Well, that was awesome!

I love how they didn't quit when the lead was big. They kept it going, and going, and going.

Was at the game yesterday and tonight. There is a buzz in the stadium like its mid July.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

10. Likes:

OnBaseMachine (04-06-2013)

Stuck in the little village of Martinsville, VA without FSO or MLB (place has a 1000 channels, but nothing to watch...

Anyway, luckily I have an iPhone and At Bat, so I could listen. I also have ESPN ScoreCenter and I kept hearing the da-da-da-da-da-da while in Red Lobster. Each time I'd look, I'd say, they scored again and my friends who are Red Sox, Braves, Cardinal, or Yankee fans would scowl. I got so I would rub it in. It was fun even though I couldn't watch.

I am highly impressed that we have a leadoff hitter who can get on base, a pitching staff that doesn't implode (unlike a lot of teams--see Nationals, Washington), and a lot of players who simply pick up those that aren't hitting. Great beginning, but it's just the beginning, you know. There are 158 games to go. So far, so good.

I LIKE IT!!!!!!
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

12. Likes:

redsmetz (04-05-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    That was fun. Like to see more games like that. But I know these type games are few and far between. Living in the DC area I had to watch the Nats broadcast. I think they were a little shell shocked by the end of the game.
    Good to see Bruce get those two late inning doubles. If he breaks out of it then this offense can really be something special.
    My daughter said she'd be wearing her Cincinnatitude shirt around the District tomorrow.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

“In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Bookstore

The end turned the final score an eyesore, but the Nationals remained in a tie for the best record in the majors and still had 158 games left to even out their run differential. There was probably only conclusion that mattered, and it was obvious: Haren, for reasons that extended beyond Friday night, needs to cut down on allowing homers.
    Rationalization in its best form, as I would expect from a homer paper. But you have to be impressed with the way it's written. Only in the Post.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

16. Likes:

Red Raindog (04-06-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Rationalization in its best form, as I would expect from a homer paper. But you have to be impressed with the way it's written. Only in the Post.
    To their credit, they spoke highly of the Reds. We got respect from them.

The Baseball Bookstore

STL and MIL both 1-3.

First time I took a look at the standings page this year. Weird to see only 5 teams in the Central.

Wow--what a game. Made it in early enough today to get a couple of tix and catch this one. Great to see the bottom of the order bats come alive (esp Cozart!) and the entire bench get some oppy to play. Homer looked very strong. Glad I didn't miss this one after making the trip out.

A bit surprised the Nats rolled over so totally in all aspects of the game but that happens. Just not usually (actually ever) by a 15-0 score. As someone who roots for the Nats when they're not facing the Reds, I'm hoping Henry Rodriguez's days are numbered with the Nats. The wildness tonight was characteristic of his entire season last year but Davey Johnson keeps hoping. And looks like Haren might be a problem going forward.

Tomorrow should be interesting. Detwiler, unlike Haren, is a known commodity pitching against our biggest question mark on the rotation. Remember last year the Nats took the series with some margin to spare. Getting at least 2 (if not a sweep) this weekend would be a very good thing.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

Turn Off Ads?