Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shin-Soo Choo

Re: Shin-Soo Choo

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfansince72 View Post
    i wonder if the Reds FO might get tired of the roller coaster ride Bruce does and try to move Bruce and resign Choo for RF!! Bruce is swinging over pitches and today should have swung at that first meatball in the 10th instead of taking it and swinging badly at the next two not even close to being strikes.. just saying.. it could happen
    I like Bruce, I just don't think he is "clutch"
    Bring on 2018! #%?*!

2. Turn Off Ads?

i wonder if the Reds FO might get tired of the roller coaster ride Bruce does and try to move Bruce and resign Choo for RF!! Bruce is swinging over pitches and today should have swung at that first meatball in the 10th instead of taking it and swinging badly at the next two not even close to being strikes.. just saying.. it could happen
    Can we just give Bruce a break he is still young and he has improved every year he has been in the big leagues. Everybody can't be a model of consistancy like votto.
    Last edited by redsfan4486; 04-07-2013 at 10:38 AM.

Choo is going to be very hard to sign purely from a financial standpoint because I would guess he is going to command $12-$15 million a year if not more. Who knows though, maybe with added revenue the team would be willing to increase the payroll significantly.

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    Choo is going to be very hard to sign purely from a financial standpoint because I would guess he is going to command $12-$15 million a year if not more. Who knows though, maybe with added revenue the team would be willing to increase the payroll significantly.
    Fox sports ohio says Hello!!!

Seriously though, if the FO thinks Choo is worth $12-15M, then they'd sign him.
    He may be the difference between a playoff appearance and a World Series appearance, surely there is some ROI there, and methinks it's much more than $15M...

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

I'm really starting to love having Choo on the team, but Bruce is 26, very productive, a better defender and signed to a reasonable deal for the next 3 years. Choo will be 32 next year and will likely cost several million more per season than Bruce will and probably require a contract longer than his age will justify. I'd like to see the Reds find a way to keep Choo, but moving Bruce to make room doesn't make any sense to me.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Choo is always on base. What a complete turn around from last year to see production from the lead off position.
    Why would Cleveland trade this guy? Wasn't he hurt quite a bit?

Quote Originally Posted by mgbrown66 View Post
    Choo is always on base. What a complete turn around from last year to see production from the lead off position.
    I am loving the offense so far. We just won back to back series against legitimate post season threats. Choo getting on base regularly was a big part of that.

2009 = 156 gms
    2010 = 144 gms
    2011 = 85 gms
    2012 = 155 gms

He was on the DL in 2011 for a broken thumb and again for back pain.

This offense we're seeing which is a complete turn around from last year has everything to do with the 2 biggest changes we've made from last year. Choo obviously, and Frazier being our full time 3rd basemen. Those 2 are absolutely tearing it up.
    I've said all winter — they talk about this team winning the division — and my comment is, they won't win it because, at the end of the day, they still are the Chicago Cubs, and they will figure out a way to screw this whole thing up. - Marty Brennaman

11. Likes:

bigredmechanism (04-07-2013)

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mastodon View Post
    This offense we're seeing which is a complete turn around from last year has everything to do with the 2 biggest changes we've made from last year. Choo obviously, and Frazier being our full time 3rd basemen. Those 2 are absolutely tearing it up.
    Agree completely. Those are the two spots. What a difference.

If only Ludwick doesn't tear up his shoulder...

If only Votto would come around...
    I think Choo will be a Yankee or Red Sox next year.

If only Votto would come around...
    I think Choo will be a Yankee or Red Sox next year.
    NYY are still trying to trim a bunch of excess fat to get their payroll MUCH lower. They will not be in the big-name Free Agent market anytime soon, IMO.

-Matt

Quote Originally Posted by mattfeet View Post
    NYY are still trying to trim a bunch of excess fat to get their payroll MUCH lower. They will not be in the big-name Free Agent market anytime soon, IMO.

-Matt

they shouldn´t but who knows... we´re talking about the yankees

I agree, I just dont think they're under the same "buy now pay later" philosophy they have been for so long.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

While it's still very preliminary, MLBTR's Tim Dierkes (on Twitter) says that the qualifying offer for the 2013-14 offseason should be right around $14MM. This past offseason, the qualifying offer was worth a little less at $13.3MM.

Turn Off Ads?