Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20

Thread: Sick Homer Bailey Numbers

  1. #1
    ZCTRMTP!!!!! texasdave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,814

    Sick Homer Bailey Numbers

    In his last four trips to the mound - three regular season and one postseason - Homer Bailey has thrown up some fairly unbelievable numbers. Read them and cheer!

    IP - 26.0
    H - 7
    R - 1
    ER - 1
    BB - 5
    K - 32

    That works out to the following rate stats:

    ERA - 0.35
    K/BB - 6.4
    WHIP - .051
    K/9 - 11.1
    BB/9 - 1.7


    Toss in that he was facing some pretty stout ballclubs (SF/STL/WSH/PIT) and that makes it pretty remarkable. Let the good times roll.

    Kudos to Homer!
    A summer watching a bad Reds' team, is still a pretty good summer.

  2. Likes:

    RedsBrick (04-06-2013)

  3. Turn Off Ads?
  4. #2
    Member mattfeet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,800

    Re: Sick Homer Bailey Numbers

    Whip would be .51, no?

  5. #3
    Member mattfeet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,800

    Re: Sick Homer Bailey Numbers

    Err .46 rather. Still incredible.

  6. #4
    Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    5,354

    Re: Sick Homer Bailey Numbers

    I'd love to see Bailey and Choo signed very long term.

  7. Likes:

    OnBaseMachine (04-06-2013)

  8. #5
    Member RedsBrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    574

    Re: Sick Homer Bailey Numbers

    Great numbers.

    I think Bailey's going to be a key to this season. I'm glad he got his first W in his first trip to the mound....get that confidence going in the right direction.

  9. #6
    ZCTRMTP!!!!! texasdave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,814

    Re: Sick Homer Bailey Numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    In his last four trips to the mound - three regular season and one postseason - Homer Bailey has thrown up some fairly unbelievable numbers. Read them and cheer!

    IP - 26.0
    H - 7
    R - 1
    ER - 1
    BB - 5
    K - 32

    That works out to the following rate stats:

    ERA - 0.35
    K/BB - 6.4
    WHIP - .51
    K/9 - 11.1
    BB/9 - 1.7


    Toss in that he was facing some pretty stout ballclubs (SF/STL/WSH/PIT) and that makes it pretty remarkable. Let the good times roll.

    Kudos to Homer!
    A summer watching a bad Reds' team, is still a pretty good summer.

  10. #7
    ZCTRMTP!!!!! texasdave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,814

    Re: Sick Homer Bailey Numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by mattfeet View Post
    Whip would be .51, no?
    Yep. I fixed it.
    A summer watching a bad Reds' team, is still a pretty good summer.

  11. #8
    Yay!
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Middletown, Ohio
    Posts
    7,446

    Re: Sick Homer Bailey Numbers

    Just an observation with no real way to prove it... It seemed in the past that Homer would slow his pace to almost a creep when he had runners on base. I know he had some issues controlling the running game during his first seasons but now it seems like he's let that go. Even with runners on base, he keeps his timing and rhythm. It doesn't seem like he "labors" with guys on base. He gets the ball back and gets back on the rubber.

    Of course, some of that probably stems from him not allowing as many base runners. I dunno. Just an observation.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

  12. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4,709

    Re: Sick Homer Bailey Numbers

    It may still be premature, but at this point I have to credit the people who remained in Bailey's camp. For a few years, he was the guy I wanted the Reds to trade. He never seemed to be able to get over the hump, and I wasn't a fan of his demeanor. To me, he just didn't seem to be wired for success. But since late last year, he has certainly gone a long way toward proving himself. He no longer unravels. He consistently throws strikes. He adjusts to his stuff. He does some of his best work in big games. He is, in short, looking very, very good. And man, what a difference it makes in the ballclub.

  13. #10
    always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    2,236

    Re: Sick Homer Bailey Numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by mace View Post
    It may still be premature, but at this point I have to credit the people who remained in Bailey's camp. For a few years, he was the guy I wanted the Reds to trade. He never seemed to be able to get over the hump, and I wasn't a fan of his demeanor. To me, he just didn't seem to be wired for success. But since late last year, he has certainly gone a long way toward proving himself. He no longer unravels. He consistently throws strikes. He adjusts to his stuff. He does some of his best work in big games. He is, in short, looking very, very good. And man, what a difference it makes in the ballclub.
    He's a pitcher, now.
    Award Winning Baseball Player

  14. #11
    Red's fan mbgrayson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    2,059

    Re: Sick Homer Bailey Numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    In his last four trips to the mound - three regular season and one postseason - Homer Bailey has thrown up some fairly unbelievable numbers. Read them and cheer!

    IP - 26.0
    H - 7
    R - 1
    ER - 1
    BB - 5
    K - 32

    That works out to the following rate stats:

    ERA - 0.35
    K/BB - 6.4
    WHIP - .051
    K/9 - 11.1
    BB/9 - 1.7


    Toss in that he was facing some pretty stout ballclubs (SF/STL/WSH/PIT) and that makes it pretty remarkable. Let the good times roll.

    Kudos to Homer!
    And how many of those games did Hanigan catch? I think this is why Dusty said on the pregame with Marty that he was having Ryan still catching last night.
    __________________
    “This one was a perfect one. I don’t know if I can find a better one, better timing. He [Price] really said some great things there. It really encouraged us to go back and do what we do. … I didn’t know he could speak like that.” Brayan Pena 5/21/14

  15. #12
    Posting in Dynarama M2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    28,258

    Re: Sick Homer Bailey Numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by bigredmechanism View Post
    He's a pitcher, now.
    Perhaps. One thing I noticed yesterday is he's finishing his pitches much better than he used to.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

    I'm witchcrafting everybody.

  16. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,007

    Re: Sick Homer Bailey Numbers

    I would love to see homer stay with us for a long time and we could have the most dominant pitching staff in reds history.....Cueto, latos, bailey, then you have 2 studs in Cingrani and Corcino if they only developed like they are proving they can we wil be hard to face in a few years....

    The backside to that is the fact that homer has made mention several times that he does not like GABP.....money talks but I would assume that several teams will come calling in 2014 at the end of the season....lets hope homer has some "Barry Larkin" in him.

  17. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    251

    Re: Sick Homer Bailey Numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by lidspinner View Post
    I would love to see homer stay with us for a long time and we could have the most dominant pitching staff in reds history.....Cueto, latos, bailey, then you have 2 studs in Cingrani and Corcino if they only developed like they are proving they can we wil be hard to face in a few years....

    The backside to that is the fact that homer has made mention several times that he does not like GABP.....money talks but I would assume that several teams will come calling in 2014 at the end of the season....lets hope homer has some "Barry Larkin" in him.
    He's one of those guys that I could see wanting to go back home to Texas. Hope he doesn't though.

  18. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,007

    Re: Sick Homer Bailey Numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by kearns and dunn View Post
    He's one of those guys that I could see wanting to go back home to Texas. Hope he doesn't though.
    Yes....that scares me. I hate the fact that the Reds groomed him and turned him into who he is and he can just sign with any team.....oh we'll, I guess that's free agency for ya.....pros and cons with everything. Like I said, hopefully he has a little Larkin running through his blood.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25