Turn Off Ads?

Thread: You cannot carry a pitcher in the bullpen..

You cannot carry a pitcher in the bullpen..

Marshall should be on the DL..You can't play with a pitcher down in the bullpen. This is a dumb decision by the front office and Dusty. Hoover is the sacarafical lamb in this game

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: You cannot carry a pitcher in the bullpen..

Quote Originally Posted by DWS1125 View Post
    Marshall should be on the DL..You can't play with a pitcher down in the bullpen. This is a dumb decision by the front office and Dusty. Hoover is the sacarafical lamb in this game
    Agreed he should not of been in there. I am just worried about his confidence at this point. DL Marshall if he can't pitch and bring up someone so this doesn't happen again.

Dusty does this all the time....you would think a game like this would show you why you can't.

I think that is why dusty is called a players friendly coach... his decissionīs are sometimes stupid (on a objective perspective) but he shows his players (at that time marshall) that he thinks heīs important for the team and shows he got faith in him)

This is NOT a managers call, it should be the GM's w/ some advice from the medical staffs. Again, I don't think we can blame this one on Dusty.
    Bring on 2018! #%?*!

If you have been paying attention the last couple of years, you would realize that the Reds often play a man or two short. Not certain as to why.

Marshall looked good today.

I was shocked he looked so good having not pitched in two weeks. Creeper said he only had one bullpen session, too. When they brought him in against the top of the Nats lineup, I thought it would be ugly for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm Chortleton View Post
    I was shocked he looked so good having not pitched in two weeks. Creeper said he only had one bullpen session, too. When they brought him in against the top of the Nats lineup, I thought it would be ugly for sure.
    I expected some rust as well. Since joining the team he has been the reliever I feel the most comfortable with on the mound. Our 7-8-9 guys are reminiscent of the Nasty Boys.

He started slowly last year if I remember correctly. Our bullpen is stacked when he is pitching well.

always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mgbrown66 View Post
    He started slowly last year if I remember correctly. Our bullpen is stacked when he is pitching well.
    He did have a rough start, but it all just screamed "sample size" when you looked at his previous stats over his career. He is as solid of a bullpen guy as you'll find in MLB.
    Award Winning Baseball Player

Quote Originally Posted by mgbrown66 View Post
    Marshall looked good today.
    yeah but dusty did obviously everything wrong

Turn Off Ads?